Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
There are some people who just aren't affected by spoilers, and don't understand that the majority of humanity actually is. It's difficult sometimes to grasp an emotional experience that you can't personally have. Honestly, you just have to trust that we're not just loving around, and that spoiling things for us genuinely does harm our enjoyment of them, yes, even if they're good. In fact, especially when they're good. Not spoiling things is just basic politeness to all of those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

#Millennials is perfect.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Basically My Neighbor Totoro is great like everything Studio Ghibli ever did, and therefore everyone should watch it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The mask reminds me a bit of the Phantom of the Paradise.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Kevos Setzer posted:

Kawakami's link is redeeming itself. Sure, just crash on your student's bed like it's nothing. In the middle of cleaning his room as part of a "maid service".

Maaku literally just paid her to take a nap. That's hilarious.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Omobono posted:

:agreed:
Is there a Shogi anime/manga by the way? I watched Hikaru no Go back in the days, I know about a fluffy Mahjong one and there was that insane one with national leaders, although I don't remember the game it used.

The insane one, The Legend of Koizumi, also used Mahjong. It contains a storyline where Junichiro Koizumi, 56th Prime Minister of Japan, fights Adolf Hitler on the moon.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I don't think there's any context you can possibly have for it. I mean, I could say it like this: What if there were a cartoon in which Bill Clinton was actually a superhero who defeated all the enemies of America, past and present, by playing high stakes poker with them? Frequently when they lost the games they would die from the sheer power of his victory, which was generally achieved by a "special move" that involved very rapidly turning a 2 into an ace by rubbing portions of the card's face off. That might be a reasonable approximation, but is it actually easier to understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Arist posted:

That’s how it’s mostly known. There are a variety of theories on it. For instance, it’s even said to be a device for reviving the dead.

I understand the symbolism you’re going for, but I’m still gonna call bullshit. I was a huge ancient Egypt freak as a kid and never heard that once, and it doesn’t really jive with their view of the afterlife anyhow. Plus, that “reviving the dead” thing hasn’t come up in a cursory Google, which I’ve come to trust far more than my own memory.

I’m sure one of you is already gearing up to correct me on how it’s totally a thing though.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidreligion.htm for example.

The resurrection they're referring to is more of the "in some kind of mystical way" thing, though. They didn't think the body was going to get back up again and walk out of its tomb healed as far as I know.