Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Not going to lie, I was expecting Hapshepsut the lady pharoah.

Still, the Necronomicon is awesome, UFOs are awesome, please tell me it gets Cthulhu lasers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

cdyoung posted:

Actually, the Necronomicon was never explicitly called a grimoire, tome or book in Lovecraft's own works, but called one in later writers additions to his cosmology.. it was an Unknowable Forbidden Object. That's why using it can drive the unprepared insane, it's an item of unknown lore and power mortal minds shouldn't try and understand.

Which is why her persona is a UFO, it's a thing people don't know the true form of, but has unimaginable forbidden powers in it.

Lovecraft gives quotes from it and it lives in Miskatonic University's library.

Lovecraft posted:

No book had ever really hinted of it, though the deathless Chinamen said that there were double meanings in the Necronomicon of the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred which the initiated might read as they chose, especially the much-discussed couplet:

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”

With that phrasing not really sure what else it would be...

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

cdyoung posted:

Are books ever alive? Even if it might be book-like, the fact it's a living creature hints at it's fantastical true form.

By "lives" I mean "is contained in", not in the organic sense.

Like I'm legitimately not sure where you're getting the idea it's a living creature or mysterious object.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Kith posted:

Tora should've been a missable party member - recruitable, but not important to the plot. That way it wouldn't gently caress up the central theme of ROTTEN ADULTS while still allowing the story to be like "oh hey, not all adults with responsibility/power are total garbage".

He doesn't really have responsibility or power though - he's kinda the guy fighting a doomed crusade that goes nowhere with no real resources but perseverance.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I already expect a great Russell Crowe parody.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hifumi seems like she'd have been a great PC and I'm disappointed.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Stroth posted:

“Hey, wanna hire me as a prostitute in exchange for helping you cheat at school?”

Never got the impression Joker was taking advantage of that facet of the service. It's still weird and hosed up, but I can't see that selling in the states.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Tenebrais posted:

I think she was gunning for an excuse for sneaking around rather than an excuse for why he's there.

"I'm buying drugs off this kid." Boom, done.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yeah it's notable he didn't just try to help Hifumi talk to her mom.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Epicmissingno posted:

Even Kawakami?

Tell me that's not a thing we can do, please.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So the evil burger king has a bunch of daleks, OK.

Also Morgana is a goddamn moron.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yeah, the daughter thing was pretty obvious when Haru made it through the DNA scan door.

That being said, these are teenagers who usually aren't known for their cognitive skills.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Karia posted:

What do you mean you don't have any other vehicles Makoto your whole thing is that you have a motorcycle. Catch that drat cat.

Doesn't Futaba have a UFO, making this the easiest chase scene ever?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The British are coming! THE BRITISH ARE COMING!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sae is marginally less likely to convict us if we're dating her.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Does Sae know that Hamiru's criminal history so far has been "getting charged by a bullshitter while protecting a woman"?

Also OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sojiro really is a great Fake Dad, I hope the government conspiracy doesn't get him.

Where are Mulder and Scully when you need them?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Sae seemed lucid enough in the interrogation room to be worried she's got a Palace, plus as far as we know she hasn't been driven to public grand atonement.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Milady also murdered quite a few people. And the majority of the second half the book is her trying to kill d'Artagnan

Did anyone ever figure out what was with her brand?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Shido is the rapist guy Maaku beat up in the beginning right?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yea Hifumi and Shiho really should have joined the team.

I like Ryuji but I could leave Yusuke.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There were a zillion ways to make Akechi sympathetic and redeemable after the crap he pulled.

Naturally this way goes with this stupidest.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

F

(I am convinced I am the only person who actually likes Ryuji because he's been with Joker and had his back the whole time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Some people are not good friends.