Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«123 »
Palladium
May 8, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Some none ugly rear end gently caress mainboards would be swell.

But mobo makers then can't $100+ extra for like $5 more in ugly BoM cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC

Are there ravin ridge boards like that crazy Atom board from asrock that is ITX and has like 10 SATA ports?

Paul MaudDib
May 2, 2006

"Tell me of your home world, Usul"

KKKLIP ART posted:

Are there ravin ridge boards like that crazy Atom board from asrock that is ITX and has like 10 SATA ports?

No, you'd need to use an expansion card. In general, mobo companies have not brought their A-game with AM4, particularly in the smaller form-factors (mITX and mATX). A lot of them are terrible, like doubled 3-phase type stuff, and they haven't done much of the specialty stuff.

I hope there are some Banded Kestrel mITX boards, and I'd love to see one with an extra onboard SATA controller for NAS usage.

On the Intel side there's the C2750D4i from the last gen, and for current-gen there's the SuperMicro A2SDi-H-TP4F, which is just nuts (quad 10 GbE, ECC RDIMM support, 12 SATA ports, and performs at R5 1600-ish levels). Denverton's capabilities are really in a class of its own as far as low-power processors. Banded Kestrel won't remotely approach that, however, it's a much simpler/cheaper product. I'd expect something more in the C2750 performance level from Banded Kestrel.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2018 around 19:05

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Combat Pretzel posted:

Some none ugly rear end gently caress mainboards would be swell.

There has never been such a thing. NZXT is making motherboards for people who want their computers to look like they came from IKEA.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

which is fine, except that the motherboards they're selling are rebranded ECS motherboards.

No loving thank YOU, NZXT. You picked the motherboard manufacturer with the WORST reputation of all to work with, surely that will end well.

FaustianQ
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Scarping the bottom of the barrel, NZXT finds Jetway and Biostar leering back at them. "Is this deep enough yet boss?"

"No, go deeper still."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

"PC Chips it is."

«123 »