Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Why a 10600kf over a 3600X? Why 6 cores? Why Ryzen 4000? So many questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I'm was looking to score a 3900x for my b350 when the 4000 series drops, or alternatively grab a 12c 4000 series and b550 board for more nvme drives. Seems like everyone is eyeing the 3900x which may keep prices high but lets see what happens.

I'm wondering if they will have multiple skus for 12/16c depending on clock speed.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Kraftwerk posted:

What is the real difference between the B series and X series motherboards?

Margin

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Maxing out 24 lanes is 2x NVME/10g pci-e and a GPU. We need more lanes imo. And when we get all the lanes, the transition to fast flash can happen and we can leave sata behind or regulate it to high capacity low speed storage.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

FuturePastNow posted:

AMD will brand its FPGAs as the Coinripper

This is an underappreciated comment

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Do we think AMD will further compete in price for 5000 series wrt intel 12 series? I want to get something like 5700-5900x but the prices aren’t really that good especially considering 7000 series are close and are rumoured to hit 25% uplift (cache, clock, ipc) Just looking to drop in a 5000 series into a b350 board and ride it out like a sandybridge :sigh:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Risky Bisquick posted:

Do we think AMD will further compete in price for 5000 series wrt intel 12 series? I want to get something like 5700-5900x but the prices aren’t really that good especially considering 7000 series are close and are rumoured to hit 25% uplift (cache, clock, ipc) Just looking to drop in a 5000 series into a b350 board and ride it out like a sandybridge :sigh:

Went with a 5900x, (launch) 1700 -> 5900x on a b350 board. Crazy platform longevity :monocle:

Are they expecting AM5 to have a similar lifetime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

kliras posted:

just got a price drop alert i apparently still had for the 5900x at $399 if anyone's looking to do their last am4 upgrade

other cpu's like the 5950x also got a drop

gonna be fun to see the 5800X3D benchmark the 20th

Thanks for this, getting a price match on the 5900x.