Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Well, I took the plunge and bought an all-new Ryzen system. I think I goofed getting the 1600X instead of the bare 1600, but I'm hoping to step up to whatever the top tier of the 2nd gen is as soon as they come out. Are most of the hiccups ironed out by now?

My use case is Adobe stuff, lots of unnecessary Handbrake, and eventually compiling and 3D rendering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Ihmemies posted:

Don't they have money for a tripod or something? I'm drunk and that video is painful to watch.

half their gimmick is feeling like a reality show

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Sormus posted:

The other half is being incompetent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wJQEHNYE7M&t=784s

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I'd been hoping to find another channel that was closer to GN than LTT. Thanks for pointing it out.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Deuce posted:

I still don't understand why people respond this way to Linus. Where did you people get the idea that any of these LOL WACKY COMPUTER IDEA videos were suggesting anyone actually do it?

yeah that video is actually very interesting in exactly how it makes windows slow

the system had enough ram to nearly hold all of DOOM at once so even though it takes 4 seconds to load a control panel window the game itself runs almost normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Rexxed posted:

Save $20 with new cringe-free packaging.

that packaging is art and you will be silent