Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I hit the thing exactly when it went live, got it in the cart, got to payment details, sold out. Rip lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Microcenter, according to their website, had 5600x stock till like 7pm today. Which is when I got there.
Which is when they sold out.

gently caress

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Hoping to snag a 5600x in the next week or two to replace this old rear end 4770k :regd08:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Fauxtool posted:

is there a working discord for catching 5900x restocks? The nvidia one is terrible at catching zen3.

They're also just terrible in general, if we're in the same one. I haven't seen any restocks logged on the more popular websites since release day though.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Fauxtool posted:

the tumadre/atr stonks one. It worked great for getting my multiple 3080s, but its worthless for a 5900x

Ah, yeah same. That got me a 3080 within like 4 days of being there. Yet the only zen3 restock I've seen since release was a single 5800x posting at best buy :v:

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 9, 2020

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Nice. Now to see if literally any retailers start posting CPUs soonish

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Marxalot posted:

Nice. Now to see if literally any retailers start posting CPUs soonish

I literally just woke up and I think I just speedran trying to get a ryzen :laffo:

copped a 5900x

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 9, 2020

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
No, just added once on amazon. Though I did notice some discords were pinging way earlier than others. Notably this one started dinging way before the ATR-Grift one (which only pinged for the 5600x)

https://discord.gg/yUAk993

The stockdrops one posted nothing about the amazon drop

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

etalian posted:

Do you have a good wiki game strategy guide link for how to find this rare category drops?

I haven't started the wiki, but I think working nights and having my boss wake me up with a giant group text at 3pm was key. Also like 3 dumb discords with literally every channel but the relevant bot ones muted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I thought it was funny that my 5900x ran prime95 of all loving things at a balmy 62°c.

Turns out this thing only wants to boost to 4.2ghz :laffo:

oh god now I get to diagnose dumb poo poo

e: well that was fast. The Bootleg asus XMP profile sets my memory to the proper 3600mhz but sends the cpu to 4.2ghz mode for whatever the gently caress reason.

e2: Yeah, I think we're good now

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Nov 16, 2020