Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I'm getting a 3900X for longevity mainly. Just in case games a few years from now suddenly start thirsting for more threads.

Or maybe this is just my ancient 2600k deluding me into thinking another 6-8 year lasting system is realistic. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
You guys who went for a 2500k over a 2600k 8 years ago, haven't you learned *anything*. 3900X or bust :q:

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Arent there some super small ATX cases anyway? Like the Define C

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Have any reviews looked at undervolting offset at all, and how it interacts with PBO? Didn't find any mentions but still kind of curious.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I cleaned out my dads PC once because the fans were clogged with dust and it crashed from overheating. Sad. Disgusting sad.

Otoh thats the only time ive seen CPU temps suffer from old age... my 2600k went a happy 7 years with the same paste.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
The secret really is in the brown color. Red for speed. Poop brown for silent wind.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
So my 6x2 5900x is already bad for gaming huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Yeah makes sense, though still seems strange that the double ccx should make such a material difference unless youre looking at HF gaming. I mean i usually do frame limiting anyway for noise purposes.

But yeah seems prudent to go for an 9800X3D or whatever next time around like everyone else.