Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
What are you using to monitor temperatures? My Asus B450 was reporting a 15C offset from ryzen master. My Gigabyte X570 is almost the same as ryzen master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
I'm pretty sure it does, I had a B450 that claimed it was idling 10C higher than what Ryzen Master reported. Repasted multiple times, made it so brackets were tighter, nothing changed it. Switched to an X570 mobo and now the mobo reported temp is more in line with RM.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

Generic Monk posted:

I just built a new PC with a 3700X in it and bought 3200mhz RAM becuase I heard somewhere that was the 'sweet spot' for performance. Enabled the XMP profile which seemed to work, but I got very occasional random restarts when the PC's sleeping that clear all the BIOS settings which is irritating.

Try setting it to the XMP settings manually instead of the profile. I had to do this and I've seen lots of reports where others had to do this as well.