Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The last desktop PC I built had a brand spanking new Athlon XP1800+.

I've been out of the game for a hot minute. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Pay someone to do it.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I like cheap low power craptops too. Aside from my big honkin ryzen 9 5900hx gaming laptop, one my most used computers is a cheap arm based (kompanio 828) chromebook because the battery will last 15 hours and it generates no heat whatsoever.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The laptop Phoenix APU's seem quite performative in those mini-pcs I keep seeing on YouTube. I wonder if you'll be able to go hog wild with the power limits to get even more performance from the desktop parts. I'm sure you'd reach a point of diminishing returns but if someone already has a beefy air cooler it would be neat to see just how much performance you could extract out of the chip.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

AMD (K8)000

Or was K8 the Athlon. Idk, numbers are meaningless. AMD should just call their next chip the arch the 15XXX to one-up Intel with numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah but have you considered Number Must Go Up???