Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Maybe do whatever Nvidia is doing with the GV100 chips? From what I've seen those are dead even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
This whole thing just stinks of BS, the "exploits" are things that need such low level access that you are hosed either way and the people making such noise about them are people who short tech company stocks to make money, it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together and figure out that something fishy is going on. This is all to scare tech illiterate investors into dropping AMD stock.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

If I were buying a new CPU I would seriously consider Ryzen, Intel is still probably "better" for my use case but only marginally so and I'd rather my money go to AMD than Intel. If only AMD made good video cards too. :sigh:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Started to reply but then the apathy set in, you know exactly how it is.

That feeling when you write most of a reply to someone being dumb and then just delete it. :smith:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

SlayVus posted:

What's wrong with Level 1 Techs? They're more Enterprise oriented, but they still do great content on consumer products occasionally.

I don't think there is anything wrong with L1T, and I think their content and GN's content are just about as good as each others, but I do see why GN would come up first. Mainly because I think that GN's content is more mainstream, L1T's content tends to be more niche and in some cases more in depth, but because it's more niche they are not as popular and not as many people mention them.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Wait, how do you block a YouTube channel? Tell me more.

There's a plugin, for chrome at least, it's called Video Blocker.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

3peat posted:

I meant when you get a video recommended or w/e you click on the 3 vertical dots > not interested > tell us why > not interested in this channel, this way you never see videos from that channel recommended/suggested and so on anymore

That doesn't work, at least for me, I've done that and I just still see the same recommendations, it's really annoying.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

The corrupted cursor bug also has to do with multi-monitor support, I saw it quite often back when I used AMD cards but never on Nvidia, maybe it just triggers more often in AMD's implementation of multi-monitor since they always had that as a big thing in their drivers? Eyefinity I think it's called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Can someone help me calculate something, please?

I downclocked my Fury X by 10% at every power state, and undervolted it by 10% also. It seems fully stable at this.

What estimated power is it likely to be drawing now? I know there's equations and poo poo.

I'll note that you should underclock the card to where you are comfortable first and then undervolt it as low as it will go while remaining stable, you can often undervolt a lot more than you would think on those cards, past a certain point every extra Mhz of speed uses more power than the previous and those cards were pushed well into the exponential power use curve. Anyway, if it's undervolted by 10% it should just use 10% less, though it's a bit more complicated than that and you would need testing equipment to really be able to tell so it's easier to just say 10% less and leave it at that. If you want specific wattages I remember it was something like 250W-350W at stock depending on the load, so 10% less than that should be a pretty safe bet.