Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

sweart gliwere posted:

Am I crazy for thinking the Ryzen 5 1600 would be a decent option for a non-gaming home workstation? Paired with an efficient 6-8GB GPU, and 16GB of ECC system RAM.

ftfy so it can be called workstation (:v:) and yes i think it's reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Can I just say how happy I am that DVI connectors on motherboards seems to finally be dead? The X370 Gaming ITX/ac that ASRock are showing off at Computex, btw.

Can I just say how inferior this motherboard is for having no DP connector? HDMI is piss garbage for idiots who think connectors should look like a hi-poly 3d model from 2009.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

This baby just keeps coming back for me

In 5000 years, archeologists will dig up a computer store in the buried ruins of Detroit. And they will try to assemble a prehistorical PC from the scattered parts and install the PGA CPU like this instructional gif suggests.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

also, how is it not the standard cpu for dell office boxes

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Icept posted:

Anyone think AMD is going to follow Intels footsteps and do a Ryzen 9 this next generation?

They should just go full ham and release Ryzen 11, or 11.01 / 11+, since we're apparently back to :awesome: 90s marketing

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

JacksAngryBiome posted:

When can I build a 3600 system with a micro atx 570? It seems like everything is atx or itx.

What's the point of micro ATX? If you want a tiny PC you get ITX and if you want a big PC you might as well go regular ATX. If half height PCIe cards and poo poo had taken off more then micro atx would have sort of a reason for existing in PCs that are supposed to sit side-down on desks, but so far, that's only really relevant for Dell Optiplex style office boxes.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

JacksAngryBiome posted:

I want a tiny pc that can take 4 sticks of ram. Small apartment, big data.

...but the average mATX case isn't actually that tiny? I guess you could get an Optiplex 7xxx for real and put in more RAM.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

some of us just have dumb standard atx cases with poor cable management and need the extra space to route cables from under the board up to where the bottom i/o is situated ok

Then you should get a better case, e.g. a Dell Precision case with the ancient hardware taken out (the case of the gods, there is no better case at any price).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lambert posted:

Height being the only difference means mATX doesn't have much of a reason for existing in world of plenty of compact mid-tower cases (eyeing the Define C or Meshify C, personally). A smaller footprint is valuable and why I'm looking at ITX cases as well, but height? A few cm more or less don't really matter.

I have a fractal case and a bequiet case and while they're both nice I'm totally serious that a surplus dell workstation case (from the t5600 onwards, the older ones were meh) is the best case known to man and the only one that solves PCIe card mounting in an acceptable way. Plus, it has handles and lift-out side panels that don't suck. The only downside is you'll need to mount the power/reset/LEDs connector to the board using jumper wires since they're stuck together in one block that only matches Dell mainboards, and maybe put an adapter on the ATX power supply connector to make it standard compliant if you keep using the dell PSU.

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 5, 2019