Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Hasturtium posted:

All of that said, dear God, what a jump. I haven't gotten jazzed by numbers like this since Zen stomped the construction cores, or the Athlon walked away from the Pentium III 21 years ago.
Don't forget initial C2D (Conroe). AMD thread, but w/e

IIRC it was a absolutely ridiculous 50% performance increase in the synthetic benchmarks of the time e.g. Prime95

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Speaking of ASRock's mad scientist shenanigans with their mobos, apparently they somehow managed to have Zen 3 CPUs post into BIOS without the AGESA 1.0.8.0 Zen3 support updates.

Booted in today, will be updating BIOS to the full support levels & building tomorrow.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 13, 2020

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Is ASRock unusually slow with their BIOS updates? I'm somewhat annoyed that they haven't had a BIOS update for their B550 mobos since early Dec (and that was to 1.1.0.0; not even the major 1.1.8.0 update that other mobo manufacturers were putting out).

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

Is ASRock unusually slow with their BIOS updates? I'm somewhat annoyed that they haven't had a BIOS update for their B550 mobos since early Dec (and that was to 1.1.0.0; not even the major 1.1.8.0 update that other mobo manufacturers were putting out).
So update on this, last week ASRock finally dropped some updates for 5 of their B550 boards (they have 15), and then apparently peaced out.

Still waiting.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 4, 2021