Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Hello friends, all my Ryzen stuff finally got here today.

I did a quick overclock and I got my Ryzen 7 1700x @ 1.38V, 3.9ghz and temps are hovering 60-65 Celsius. I really want to try to get to 4.0 ghz, but looking for information I am seeing max safe temp ranged as anywhere from 75-95 and safe voltage as anywhere from 1.4 to 1.45. Anyone know what it actually is?

Unfortunately memory is sitting at 2300mhz. When I tried to do the XMP profile 1, my computer went into a reboot loop and I had to cmos reset to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Misc posted:

Whether or not you can reasonably get to 4ghz seems to be a bit of a lottery, although I assume a 1700x would have better odds.

Yeah I was going to get a 1700 and Amazon happened to have the 1700x for $310 one day, so I spent the extra $10. I found these stats from a overclocker chip seller:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5xybp7/silicon_lottery_ryzen_overclock_statistics/

nerox
May 20, 2001

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I like it too. It's like something from a 90s Sega game.

Threadripper, now with Blast Processing.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I dread the day I can't be a decent case with a solid panel instead of a window. Why do people want ram sticks that light up of all things.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Rastor posted:

Every Threadripper is actually an Epyc with two dies lasered off, you can reconnect them with a graphite pencil

Does it have a slot to attach a golden fingers device?

nerox
May 20, 2001
Oh man, I know we have made jokes in the thread, but if there turns out to be a way to turn TR into Epyc with a graphite pencil, I will be so happy. :neckbeard:

nerox
May 20, 2001

SourKraut posted:

I wish that tab said "RIP AND TEAR HERE" instead.

They should have run threads under the label and made it say "Rip the threads!"

nerox
May 20, 2001
I put so many LEDs on the sides of my case, that I can technically use it as my monitor. -Corsair in 2 years, probably.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Take a look at this line in the PUBG patch notes:

quote:

Client Optimization
Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

Ryzen All In Wonder.

An onboard tv tuner? :v:

An on board HDMI input would be neat/useful for a few things

nerox
May 20, 2001

No idea how many times I have seen this and I just now noticed that syringe says Hellman's on it.

My father in law makes his drinks by doing liquor, then mixer, then puts ice in the cup and splashes the drink on the counter.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

Why the hell would they even accept that for a return?

I am sure the type of person who would put thermal paste in the socket is not above getting into a public screaming match with the manager of a microcenter and making a huge scene. Sometimes its easier to just get these people out of your store by placating them with another motherboard.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Got any brothers? You could run 2 Windows VMs or more on the same system and run games that way. :)

X399 mobos have 4 16x slots, can't you do a 4 seater all with pass-through video cards to the VM?

I was going to actually price it out, but pcpartpicker won't let you put 4 video cards on one build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001
I really hate that I no longer live near a microcenter, I would totally put a Ryzen 1700x in my NAS for $129.00