Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
After much debate, I ended up building a 7700k box and I was not happy with temps, even with a H100i v2, until I delidded and replaced the TIM.

Edit: cleaned up phone posting

mayodreams fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

MaxxBot posted:

Jesus I don't need 16 cores but I'll probably eventually get one because I'm a big dumb idiot.

This. I just built a 7700k box and I irrationally want a TR system instead. We should probably start a support group.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Fabulousity posted:

After looking through whatever xLake arcitecture is next:
Jim Keller: [holding vulnerability hole trap like a rat by the tail] We got it.
Intel CEO: What is it? Will there be any more of them?
Jim Keller: Sir, what you had there is what we refer to as a focused, non-terminal, repeating phantasm or a ring-zero full-roaming vapor. A real nasty one, too.
Dr. Peter Venkman : And now...
[Peter clears his throat]
Dr. Peter Venkman : ... let's talk seriously. Now, for the discovery, we're gonna have to ask you...
[Egon holds up four fingers]
Dr. Peter Venkman : ... for four big ones, Four thousand dollars for that. But we are having a special this week on vulnerability probing of the exploit...
[Egon holds up one finger]
Dr. Peter Venkman : ... and that's only gonna come to one thousand dollars, fortunately.
Intel CEO : Five thousand dollars? I had no idea it'd be so much. I won't pay it.
<Jim Keller resigns>

This made my day. :golfclap:

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Theophany posted:

It's all about the DFI LANParty UT nForce3-250Gb. Goddamn I loved that board.

The day I finally got rid of that wretched piece of poo poo was a glorious one.