Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmagekie
Dec 2, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

Hey dumb question, i'm seriously thinking about switching from my dinosaur of an i5-2500k setup and going with a Ryzen chip. However, i also have an Nvidia 1060 card that i'd like to keep in this new setup. I was reading some articles that Nvidia Cards don't perform as well with Ryzen chips as they do w/ Intel Chips, but these articles were from several months back. Is this still true?

Edit: I do gaming on a 1080p 144hz monitor, mostly fast paced First person shooters at low settings to squeeze out as much fps as possible, if that makes a difference.

I hit well over 144 in Overwatch at 1080p with a 1050ti and a stock 1700X.
Edit: I upgraded from a 3570K and now I can leave Chrome, Discord, and Spotify running no problem.

schmagekie fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmagekie
Dec 2, 2003

ufarn posted:

Anyone have a good overview of socket/mobo compatibility for the past years of AMD CPUs? Preferably in one-ish page.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_processors