Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

So far I'm really digging my 1700. Running it stable at 4Ghz just under 1.5v on water and barely touches 60c under load. Could probably tune the voltage down a bit but I just cranked the offset to +0.3 and let'er rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

What speed memory? That's great temps.

A 3200 8x2 kit running at 2666. I've been meaning to see if I can get the memory to run higher with some timing tweaking.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Welp. With the AGESA bios update I can no longer run my RAM at 2666 and had to bump it down to 2400.

Prescription Combs fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2017 around 19:28

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Those of you that bought ryzen, how long did it take you guys to get your AM4 upgrade bracket? I'll finally be getting the last of my components today, but thermaltake is giving me the run around. I'm impatient damnit.

I just got my EKWB adapter from Amazon instead.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

MrBadidea posted:

Asus Prime X370-Pro. I slammed the latest BIOS on it I could when I pieced everything together, and there's been nothing newer since. It definitely helped at least with the weird disks-not-being-detected thing; still happens, just nowhere near as often.

Running the 604 bios with the AGESA update?

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Bloody Antlers posted:

Has AMD signaled whether they plan on eventually providing current generation Ryzen-based products with support for faster than DDR4 3200 RAM via an AGESA update or motherboard chipset revision? Or is there a known limiting factor that definitely puts a ceiling on this generation at DDR4 3200, such as Infinity Fabric losing its poo poo if the CAS latency of the RAM is too high? I don't think DDR4 3200 is lacking or anything, it's just that after seeing the performance increases in benchmarks when going from DDR4 2800 to DDR4 3200, I can't help but wonder how Ryzen would do at even higher memory clocks.

Going up from CAS 14 to CAS 16 you can find kits of DDR4 3600 16-16-16-36 at the same voltage. Go from CAS 14 to 18, and you find DDR4 4000 18-19-19-39. The highest clocked DDR4 I see on newegg atm is DDR4 4400 CAS 19 timings 19-19-19-39.

I'm hoping the memory compatibility issues that we've seen patched in bios updates are just the result of AMD not having the time to roll out bios profiles for the variety of assorted DRAM chips on the market yet. If Ryzen can benefit from additional memory bandwidth at the expense of additional latency, well.. gently caress that would be sweet.

Recent bios updates got my non samsung b-die g.skill ram to run at 3200 w/out any issues.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

HP has their Raven Ridge Envy x360 up for ordering now. http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-en...touch-1za07av-1

I assume these don't have any HBM and rely on system RAM for the GPU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

The fact that it's touching 1080p 60fps at low in some things is actually what has me excited. 2700U is going to be cool. Not quite MX150 territory but it's also at a much lower TDP.

Weird about the latency thing. Any thoughts?

Audio processing in particular is known to be really latency-sensitive so that one's not surprising given the prior.

Willing to bet that it's simply a BIOS issue.