Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cda

by Hand Knit
This is the thread for discussing current IK contests and challenges for at least as long as I'm IK. Maybe other IKs will find it useful.

List of contests:

Tough Guy Contest

Oldies For Newbies

Mx. BYOB

cda fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
IK CHALLENGE: Be an Internet Tough Guy*

*gender nonspecific

I love almost everything about BYOB except for one thing: I fuckin' hate it when people do probes by request. A probation should mean something: either that you hosed up, or that you pissed off an authority bad enough to make them mash their sausagey little fingers all over the button in a vain attempt to stop you from owning them. Probes you didn't earn are bullshit. It's like getting a teardrop tattoo without killing a dude so you can look tough. With all due respect to the IKs that do them, I'm not going to take probe requests, I'm only going to probe people that earn it.

Here in BYOB that means pretty much nobody would ever get probed because we're a fairly well-behaved bunch: kind, courteous, creative, caring. Basically as long as you're trying, you're not going to get in trouble. That's wonderful, but sometimes even the gentlest soul wants to toughen the gently caress up already. Get held to a higher standard.

I wouldn't want to encourage people to start posting real bad to get probed, but that's ok, because there's this cool thing called consent. Look it up, but only if you want to. See what I did there.

If you would like to spend the month as an Internet Tough Guy, being held to a higher standard for your posts, then post your consent in this thread. Here's what it means:

1) If your posts are not good, you're going to get probed for it.
2) If your posts are good, but not good enough, you're going to get probed for it.
3) If you're already thinking up a bunch of rules-lawyering bullshit about what good enough means, this challenge is not for you.
4) If you stop posting because you're getting shook, you're going to get probed for it. You have to keep posting.
5) If you get probed, the probation reason may accuse you of committing tough guy crimes, real, or imagined. Your rap sheet is your permanent record so think carefully about this because if these forums don't collapse, one day a few years from now some dickhole might click your rap sheet and think you really did the things I wrote about.
6) I might be mean to you. If you can't see that it's because I love you, this challenge is not for you.
7) I may give you other challenges to prove you're an actual tough guy.
8) You can't get mad about any of this, it's just for fun.
9) You can drop out at any time and nobody is allowed to razz you for it, you just won't get the gangtag. See below.
10) Other stuff that I haven't even thought up may happen. But you can deal with it because you're a tough guy.
11) Your posts in the chat thread are exempt. You can continue posting like a wimp there if you want to.

At the end of the month, if you want, you will get a special Internet Tough Guy Gangtag. What does it look like? I don't know, because it doesn't exist yet, but there's lots of talented people in BYOB and I'm sure someone will come up with a good one. Whoever makes the Internet Tough Guy gangtag may have it without having to do all the other stuff.

image stolen from death sext and if he doesn't like it, too bad

Internet Tough Guy Roll Call:
Vanisher
ethical hamjobs
Manifisto
Uxzuigal
death sext
City of Glompton
Lastgirl
piso mojado

cda fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 22, 2017

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
IK Challenge: Oldies for Newbies

This challenge is only open to relative newbies. I get to decide who they are, but if you think you're a noob you probably are.

There are a lot of great posters who posted in BYOB at one time or another and helped create the chill, funny atmosphere that we all enjoy today. Sadly, they've moved on or faded away, leaving us with only the legacy of their good posting. Here's an opportunity for you to learn a little bit of BYOB history. Choose a name from the list:

beer pal
salmiakki
WetNightmare
dogcrash truther
bo-pepper
WD-40/Lil Cunty/Jimi Changa
Ace of Baes/Nacho Destroyer
bacalou
ron color
pig slut lisa
Captain No-mates
smoobles
luvcow

(note, i am he and posting smiling/classicist were on this list but then they posted a couple of days ago so...owned)

Research your poster and write an essay including:

1. What their posting style was, with specific examples.
2. What made them a good BYOB poster, with specific examples!
3. Some choice quotes of their best material.

If you do this to my satisfaction, FluffieDuckie has promised to mail you some cool BYOB stickers that you can put wherever you want.

Post in this thread to say who you're going to research and post your essay here too.

cda fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 16, 2017

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cda posted:

*gender nonspecific

I love almost everything about BYOB except for one thing: I fuckin' hate it when people do probes by request. A probation should mean something: either that you hosed up, or that you pissed off an authority bad enough to make them mash their sausagey little fingers all over the button in a vain attempt to stop you from owning them. Probes you didn't earn are bullshit. It's like getting a teardrop tattoo without killing a dude so you can look tough. With all due respect to the IKs that do them, I'm not going to take probe requests, I'm only going to probe people that earn it.

Here in BYOB that means pretty much nobody would ever get probed because we're a fairly well-behaved bunch: kind, courteous, creative, caring. Basically as long as you're trying, you're not going to get in trouble. That's wonderful, but sometimes even the gentlest soul wants to toughen the gently caress up already. Get held to a higher standard.

I wouldn't want to encourage people to start posting real bad to get probed, but that's ok, because there's this cool thing called consent. Look it up, but only if you want to. See what I did there.

If you would like to spend the month as an Internet Tough Guy, being held to a higher standard for your posts, then post your consent in this thread. Here's what it means:

2) If your posts are good, but not good enough, you're going to get probed for it.
3) If you're already thinking up a bunch of rules-lawyering bullshit about what good enough means, this challenge is not for you.
4) If you stop posting because you're getting shook, you're going to get probed for it. You have to keep posting.
5) If you get probed, the probation reason may accuse you of committing tough guy crimes, real, or imagined. Your rap sheet is your permanent record so think carefully about this because if these forums don't collapse, one day a few years from now some dickhole might click your rap sheet and think you really did the things I wrote about.
6) I might be mean to you. If you can't see that it's because I love you, this challenge is not for you.
9) You can drop out at any time and nobody is allowed to razz you for it, you just won't get the gangtag. See below.
10) Other stuff that I haven't even thought up may happen. But you can deal with it because you're a tough guy.
11) Your posts in the chat thread are exempt. You can continue posting like a wimp there if you want to.

At the end of the month, if you want, you will get a special Internet Tough Guy Gangtag. What does it look like? I don't know, because it doesn't exist yet, but there's lots of talented people in BYOB and I'm sure someone will come up with a good one. Whoever makes the Internet Tough Guy gangtag may have it without having to do all the other stuff.

tl dr

posting smiling
having previously been on the list is the best compliment i could ask for. now i'm going to sign up for the tough guy list and stop posting again :twisted:

cda

by Hand Knit

Good one, tough guy.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

cda posted:

This challenge is only open to relative newbies. I get to decide who they are, but if you think you're a noob you probably are.

There are a lot of great posters who posted in BYOB at one time or another and helped create the chill, funny atmosphere that we all enjoy today. Sadly, they've moved on or faded away, leaving us with only the legacy of their good posting. Here's an opportunity for you to learn a little bit of BYOB history. Choose a name from the list:

beer pal
salmiakki
WetNightmare
dogcrash truther
bo-pepper
bacalou
ron color
pig slut lisa
Captain No-mates
smoobles

(note, i am he and posting smiling/classicist were on this list but then they posted a couple of days ago so...owned)

If you do this to my satisfaction, FluffieDuckie has promised to mail you some cool BYOB stickers that you can put wherever you want.

Post in this thread to say who you're going to research and post your essay here too.

Can't believe I'm not on this list.

----------------

vanisher

I want to be a real hardcore ITG, sign this poster up please.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

drilldo squirt posted:

you're on my poo poo list, i assure you

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

*gender nonspecific

seems h*cked up and d*mb as g*sh-d*ng h*ck to me!!! SIGN ME UP, PADRE.

gonna get them sweet hosed up gangtags for sure now. YOU JERK.
won't even h*ckin probe me, j*miny.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Matoi Ryuko

PSL is a mod of business and finance

Fuck My Ass

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I sent PSL a pm telling her I missed her

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

Fuck My Ass
CDA I will finance the creation of the gang tag for the winner

cda

by Hand Knit

drilldo squirt posted:

It's not appreciation month.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

vanisher posted:

I want to be a real hardcore ITG, sign this poster up please.

ethical hamjobs posted:

seems h*cked up and d*mb as g*sh-d*ng h*ck to me!!! SIGN ME UP, PADRE.

gonna get them sweet hosed up gangtags for sure now. YOU JERK.
won't even h*ckin probe me, j*miny.

A coupla tough guys, eh? Well. we'll see...

----------------

Fuck My Ass

cda posted:

A coupla tough guys, eh? Well. we'll see...

Fuck My Ass
also to up the anty winner of the tough guy challenge I'll donate 50 bux to SA and 50 dollars cash to the winner (PayPal)

cda

by Hand Knit

gently caress My rear end posted:

also to up the anty winner of the tough guy challenge I'll donate 50 bux to SA and 50 dollars cash to the winner (PayPal)

Everyone who survives wins so you might want to rethink that compadre.

----------------

Fuck My Ass

cda posted:

Everyone who survives wins so you might want to rethink that compadre.

the toughest of the tough guy (your pick) gets the grand prize

cda

by Hand Knit

gently caress My rear end posted:

the toughest of the tough guy (your pick) gets the grand prize

ok, thank you, thats a real sweet prize. Money on the table here, folks, enough to have an Internet Tough Guy party

----------------

birds

hwhat do the byob stickers look like just wondering

thanks hogge wild!

cda

by Hand Knit

birds posted:

hwhat do the byob stickers look like just wondering

Not all of these are BYOB stickers but you should be able to tell which ones are. I think like three of the "mature content" ones are BYOB too: pill bottle, depressed gay teen forum, and visit sunny byob

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/byob+stickers?cat_context=u-stationery&accordion=product

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
The stickers reminded me to put luvcow in the list of BYOB good posters who have left us

----------------

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

cda posted:

The stickers reminded me to put luvcow in the list of BYOB good posters who have left us

im gone but i was never a good poster

gl bein ik :)

birds

cda posted:

Not all of these are BYOB stickers but you should be able to tell which ones are. I think like three of the "mature content" ones are BYOB too: pill bottle, depressed gay teen forum, and visit sunny byob

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/byob+stickers?cat_context=u-stationery&accordion=product

they are good but i shall not partake in your challenge

thanks hogge wild!

eonwe

I haven't posted a lot in the yob lately, and I think this is a good challenge. I will endeavor to make a funny post or two here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cda

by Hand Knit

eonwe posted:

I haven't posted a lot in the yob lately, and I think this is a good challenge. I will endeavor to make a funny post or two here.

Is this you saying you want to be an internet tough guy or are you just saying you're going to make some funny posts.

----------------

eonwe

cda posted:

Is this you saying you want to be an internet tough guy or are you just saying you're going to make some funny posts.

ya

cda

by Hand Knit

wtf dude, "ya" doesn't answer an either or question

----------------

Fuck My Ass

cda posted:

wtf dude, "ya" doesn't answer an either or question

random question can you use the bannable tags or do you have to be a full star mod for that

alnilam

Important ik note!
You have to post the thread with a safe tag first, then change the tag by editing thread title
You will still get banned if you try to post a bannable tag straight away it's happened lol

birds

truly the king of idiots if that were to happen lol

thanks hogge wild!

City of Glompton

I'm not an internet tough guy, I just play one in byob

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

cda posted:

It's not appreciation month.

It's actually drilldo squirt appreciation year, idiot.

----------------

the littlest prince

cda posted:

beer pal
salmiakki
WetNightmare
dogcrash truther
bo-pepper
bacalou
ron color
pig slut lisa
Captain No-mates
smoobles
luvcow

I decided to research Ace of Baes. Here is my essay.

Ace of Baes is a good byob poster. He or she posts good jokes and brings smiles to the faces of the municipal BYOB forum. Let's first talk about Ace of Baes him/herself, and then his/her posts.

Ace of Baes was given their name in an honorary ceremony by the Duke of Spain. It happened in a classic case of mistaken identity, after they walked right through the gate of the royal palace right after guards left it to detain a grifter a few meters away. Ace was looking for a restroom but hooked a right into the garden, right onto the stage, and walked into the outstretched arms of Carlos Oswaldo. What he didn't know yet is that this title carries official duties. As such, he is dutybound to match up good BYOB posters with the waifus or hoosbandos that best compliment them. Sorry to cross into another poster's territory here, but we all know that poster salmiakki has a wonderful waifu Onichichan, but that pairing was made by none other that Ace of Baes. And smoobie with her wonderful hoosbando Handako too. I'd like to tell you that you too could get your own waifu, but though he still retains the title due to traditional rules, the official period of duty has passed and Ace longer performs it.

Ace's posting stlye can best be described as electic. Many posters prefer to use a single gimmick, and let me clear they do quite well, quite well indeed! But Ace adopts multiple styles, weaving them as though posting were a single fluid language. In one thread you'll get a punny one liner that implies that the US is an economy of smiles, and in another, a symbolism-laden short story about a butt. I remember when I first saw Ace's famous post that is known as the pokemon poke poke. Though a normal poster would not have been able to make this so drat funny, and in fact it probably would have seemed cruel and probably quite gory, Ace's interpretation elevated it into BYOB's golden paradise. Never since has BYOB laughed quite so hard, though we may have come close.

In conclusion, Ace is the Bae of BYOB.

vanisher

This is real good A+ work here

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

I am an internet TOUGH GUY. I am so tough that I do not need to use capitalization and punctuation, BUT I use it sometimes anyway because gently caress consistency. my first proof of toughness will be to go over to coupons and deals and throw my weight around a little. like I might post a "deal" that, while providing value for money, is not appreciably superior to what a bargain-hunter can find on a regular day with just a bit of perseverance. or I might maliciously misspell something. whatever it is, it will be a signal that we yobbers are tired of being pushed around by coupons and deals and we are ready and willing to fight back in our own confused, self-deprecating, circle-jerky, inoffensively nice and welcoming way. take that, fuckers.

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

I am an internet TOUGH GUY. I am so tough that I do not need to use capitalization and punctuation, BUT I use it sometimes anyway because gently caress consistency. my first proof of toughness will be to go over to coupons and deals and throw my weight around a little. like I might post a "deal" that, while providing value for money, is not appreciably superior to what a bargain-hunter can find on a regular day with just a bit of perseverance. or I might maliciously misspell something. whatever it is, it will be a signal that we yobbers are tired of being pushed around by coupons and deals and we are ready and willing to fight back in our own confused, self-deprecating, circle-jerky, inoffensively nice and welcoming way. take that, fuckers.

You're in. gently caress you.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

INRI won the Durfament.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

the littlest prince posted:

I decided to research Ace of Baes. Here is my essay.

Ace of Baes is a good byob poster. He or she posts good jokes and brings smiles to the faces of the municipal BYOB forum. Let's first talk about Ace of Baes him/herself, and then his/her posts.

Ace of Baes was given their name in an honorary ceremony by the Duke of Spain. It happened in a classic case of mistaken identity, after they walked right through the gate of the royal palace right after guards left it to detain a grifter a few meters away. Ace was looking for a restroom but hooked a right into the garden, right onto the stage, and walked into the outstretched arms of Carlos Oswaldo. What he didn't know yet is that this title carries official duties. As such, he is dutybound to match up good BYOB posters with the waifus or hoosbandos that best compliment them. Sorry to cross into another poster's territory here, but we all know that poster salmiakki has a wonderful waifu Onichichan, but that pairing was made by none other that Ace of Baes. And smoobie with her wonderful hoosbando Handako too. I'd like to tell you that you too could get your own waifu, but though he still retains the title due to traditional rules, the official period of duty has passed and Ace longer performs it.

Ace's posting stlye can best be described as electic. Many posters prefer to use a single gimmick, and let me clear they do quite well, quite well indeed! But Ace adopts multiple styles, weaving them as though posting were a single fluid language. In one thread you'll get a punny one liner that implies that the US is an economy of smiles, and in another, a symbolism-laden short story about a butt. I remember when I first saw Ace's famous post that is known as the pokemon poke poke. Though a normal poster would not have been able to make this so drat funny, and in fact it probably would have seemed cruel and probably quite gory, Ace's interpretation elevated it into BYOB's golden paradise. Never since has BYOB laughed quite so hard, though we may have come close.

In conclusion, Ace is the Bae of BYOB.

This is good, but I'm going to need you to provide links to the posts you describe in the third paragraph. :eng101:

----------------

• Locked thread