Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the littlest prince

cda posted:

This is good, but I'm going to need you to provide links to the posts you describe in the third paragraph. :eng101:

Unfortunately all of the posts from that time were lost in the Big Summer Chill, sponsored by Chex Mix ®, where all the admins were too busy having a good time with the boys to actually goldmine any posts, and they just got deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

the littlest prince posted:

Ace of Baes is a good byob poster.

this opinion could only come from someone whose nachoes are still intact

(in internet tough guy voice) better be careful or someone might . . . demolish your goddamn nachoes :evilbuddy:

Manifisto

drilldo squirt posted:

Can't believe I'm not on this list.

hey drilldo, there was a rumor that you were getting married or something? it's sort of impossible to know when something is said seriously but if that was/is the case, congrats!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

drilldo squirt posted:

It's actually drilldo squirt appreciation year, idiot.

exactly

cda posted:

You're in. gently caress you.

lol look at this em effer over here HECKIN SAYIN gently caress WORD AFTER gently caress WORD IN OUR GOSH DANG PASTEL FORUM OF LOVE AND JOY

i hope you get indigestion and moderate heartburn from your dinner tonight u a-hole!!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

vanisher posted:

I want to be a real hardcore ITG, sign this poster up please.

lol look at this fuccboi cant even post good enoug to fite me

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

hey drilldo, there was a rumor that you were getting married or something? it's sort of impossible to know when something is said seriously but if that was/is the case, congrats!

it's true, im marrying drilldo as i appreciated drilldo the most

Fuck My Ass
I will be marrying CDA

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Manifisto posted:

Yes, this is very true.

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

IK CHALLENGE: Be an Internet Tough Guy*

*gender nonspecific

I love almost everything about BYOB except for one thing: I fuckin' hate it when people do probes by request. A probation should mean something: either that you hosed up, or that you pissed off an authority bad enough to make them mash their sausagey little fingers all over the button in a vain attempt to stop you from owning them. Probes you didn't earn are bullshit. It's like getting a teardrop tattoo without killing a dude so you can look tough. With all due respect to the IKs that do them, I'm not going to take probe requests, I'm only going to probe people that earn it.

Here in BYOB that means pretty much nobody would ever get probed because we're a fairly well-behaved bunch: kind, courteous, creative, caring. Basically as long as you're trying, you're not going to get in trouble. That's wonderful, but sometimes even the gentlest soul wants to toughen the gently caress up already. Get held to a higher standard.

I wouldn't want to encourage people to start posting real bad to get probed, but that's ok, because there's this cool thing called consent. Look it up, but only if you want to. See what I did there.

If you would like to spend the month as an Internet Tough Guy, being held to a higher standard for your posts, then post your consent in this thread. Here's what it means:

1) If your posts are not good, you're going to get probed for it.
2) If your posts are good, but not good enough, you're going to get probed for it.
3) If you're already thinking up a bunch of rules-lawyering bullshit about what good enough means, this challenge is not for you.
4) If you stop posting because you're getting shook, you're going to get probed for it. You have to keep posting.
5) If you get probed, the probation reason may accuse you of committing tough guy crimes, real, or imagined. Your rap sheet is your permanent record so think carefully about this because if these forums don't collapse, one day a few years from now some dickhole might click your rap sheet and think you really did the things I wrote about.
6) I might be mean to you. If you can't see that it's because I love you, this challenge is not for you.
7) I may give you other challenges to prove you're an actual tough guy.
8) You can't get mad about any of this, it's just for fun.
9) You can drop out at any time and nobody is allowed to razz you for it, you just won't get the gangtag. See below.
10) Other stuff that I haven't even thought up may happen. But you can deal with it because you're a tough guy.
11) Your posts in the chat thread are exempt. You can continue posting like a wimp there if you want to.

At the end of the month, if you want, you will get a special Internet Tough Guy Gangtag. What does it look like? I don't know, because it doesn't exist yet, but there's lots of talented people in BYOB and I'm sure someone will come up with a good one. Whoever makes the Internet Tough Guy gangtag may have it without having to do all the other stuff.

Internet Tough Guy Roll Call:
Vanisher
ethical hamjobs
Manifisto

http://i.imgur.com/nHwcv3a.mp4

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit

Wow, you're a real tough guy.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

cda posted:

wtf dude, "ya" doesn't answer an either or question

nah

Fuck My Ass

heh

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

Wow, you're a real tough guy.

u mad?

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1492379190

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Links broken :smug:

City of Glompton

im a tough guy n am going to goatse your thread

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

cda

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Links broken :smug:

Here, did that fix it?

and here's another one

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

nope

cda

by Hand Knit
You'll just have to imagine it, then.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Mhhh nope

Fuck My Ass
really excited for the outcome of the tough guy challenge gonna be a good time for good posters

Looke

captain nomates was my friend and then he got hosed up on weed touched someone's butt and went to jail

Looke

did you know nomates was elected presidente of the yob and refused to give his powers back

Matoi Ryuko

Nomates was the only guy cool enough to keep his Robin Williams av

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

cda posted:

IK CHALLENGE: Be an Internet Tough Guy*

*gender nonspecific

I love almost everything about BYOB except for one thing: I fuckin' hate it when people do probes by request. A probation should mean something: either that you hosed up, or that you pissed off an authority bad enough to make them mash their sausagey little fingers all over the button in a vain attempt to stop you from owning them. Probes you didn't earn are bullshit. It's like getting a teardrop tattoo without killing a dude so you can look tough. With all due respect to the IKs that do them, I'm not going to take probe requests, I'm only going to probe people that earn it.

Here in BYOB that means pretty much nobody would ever get probed because we're a fairly well-behaved bunch: kind, courteous, creative, caring. Basically as long as you're trying, you're not going to get in trouble. That's wonderful, but sometimes even the gentlest soul wants to toughen the gently caress up already. Get held to a higher standard.

I wouldn't want to encourage people to start posting real bad to get probed, but that's ok, because there's this cool thing called consent. Look it up, but only if you want to. See what I did there.

If you would like to spend the month as an Internet Tough Guy, being held to a higher standard for your posts, then post your consent in this thread. Here's what it means:

1) If your posts are not good, you're going to get probed for it.
2) If your posts are good, but not good enough, you're going to get probed for it.
3) If you're already thinking up a bunch of rules-lawyering bullshit about what good enough means, this challenge is not for you.
4) If you stop posting because you're getting shook, you're going to get probed for it. You have to keep posting.
5) If you get probed, the probation reason may accuse you of committing tough guy crimes, real, or imagined. Your rap sheet is your permanent record so think carefully about this because if these forums don't collapse, one day a few years from now some dickhole might click your rap sheet and think you really did the things I wrote about.
6) I might be mean to you. If you can't see that it's because I love you, this challenge is not for you.
7) I may give you other challenges to prove you're an actual tough guy.
8) You can't get mad about any of this, it's just for fun.
9) You can drop out at any time and nobody is allowed to razz you for it, you just won't get the gangtag. See below.
10) Other stuff that I haven't even thought up may happen. But you can deal with it because you're a tough guy.
11) Your posts in the chat thread are exempt. You can continue posting like a wimp there if you want to.

At the end of the month, if you want, you will get a special Internet Tough Guy Gangtag. What does it look like? I don't know, because it doesn't exist yet, but there's lots of talented people in BYOB and I'm sure someone will come up with a good one. Whoever makes the Internet Tough Guy gangtag may have it without having to do all the other stuff.

Internet Tough Guy Roll Call:
Vanisher
ethical hamjobs
Manifisto

I am a real life though guy, so why not on the internet too.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

:argh:

FUKKER I WILL FIGHT U

for the last piece of pie

actually no, you go ahead and have it, you deserve it

and congrats again drilldo!

*flicks cigarette wantonly so as to regain internet tough guy cred*

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

I want to sign up for this challenge but I'm not nearly salty enough to be a real Internet Tough Guy.

City of Glompton

maybe if cda would stop hogging all the doritos I'd have a chance

vanisher

These tough guy punches are rough but i'm strong and brave

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Matoi Ryuko

City of Glompton posted:

maybe if cda would stop hogging all the doritos I'd have a chance

:drat:

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
ah think ah can intae th salty spitoon where they keep aw th good whiskey without yer help...meight

cda

by Hand Knit

Uxzuigal posted:

I am a real life though guy, so why not on the internet too.

Being a tough guy on the internet is much tougher. As you're about to find out

----------------

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

cda posted:

I appriciate the opportunity to live the life of a internet though guy. I see reputable names like vanisher, hamjobs on the list as well and I am confident we can make the streets of BYOB chill again.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

lol if u think ur hard m8

come at me keyboard cowboy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lastgirl posted:

ah think ah can intae th salty spitoon where they keep aw th good whiskey without yer help...meight

yo, you wanna have an internet gang war with me

we'll fite about something like which color in byob is better, pale turquoise or pale lavender

Manifisto

ethical hamjobs posted:

yo, you wanna have an internet gang war with me

we'll fite about something like which color in byob is better, pale turquoise or pale lavender

ummm excuse me neither would be anything without the periwinkle backdrop

in fact, that's my gang, the fightin' periwinkles

come at us, bro

ty nesamdoom!

Fuck My Ass
some epic win in this thread I see

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

ummm excuse me neither would be anything without the periwinkle backdrop

in fact, that's my gang, the fightin' periwinkles

come at us, bro

Fightin' Periwinkles needs to be the new tag

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*tosses switch knife into alternating hands*

back off punks, i dont only cut myself with this bad boy

• Locked thread