Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Would you try eating "goatmeal", or would you pass up the opportunity? Please bear in mind that in this hypothetical scenario, this is your only chance to try "goatmeal". If you pass this up, you will never in your entire life get another chance to try "goatmeal".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
yes immediately without thinking just like my posts

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

depends on what it looked like op

but maybe

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

depends on what it looked like op

but maybe

You don't get to see it before you decide. It is brought out on one of those fancy metal platters with the bell-shaped lids on them, and you only get to see it if you say yes. It is hot to the touch, hot enough that your finger jerks back reflexively when you touch it before you even perceive the heat, and you can smell a very faint but undeniable whiff of goat sifting out from between the lid and platter, as well as something else you can't quite identify... nutmeg, maybe?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Goat is the tastiest animal OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Goat is good. Yes I say. I hope its spicy.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
The platter is brought out by a stocky, mustachioed Serbian man. The hair on his knuckles forms a comical aesthetic contrast with the elegance of the platter, the Art Deco patterns covering the table at which you are sat, and the sparse, 2001-esque nature of the blank room you both occupy.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
God, you're starving. The invitation specified not to eat anything for forty-eight hours before the event, and for some reason, you felt compelled to comply. You briefly worry whether your current state might be masking -- or causing you to ignore -- any possible warning signs about this situation, but there's really no way to know.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I tell the waiter to send the dish away and instead I opt for the chef recommended "moatmeal".

Me and my party guests are brought outside as the chef starts digging a large ravine and tankards of water are brought to the restaurant.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Don't eat goats, they are Satan's friends.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The wiseguy of the party, Brent, jokingly says that we should have ordered the "coatmeal" before gnawing at his fried jacket.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If I eat it do I get to eat it again if I like it or is this the only goatmeal in the universe

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Putty posted:

I tell the waiter to send the dish away and instead I opt for the chef recommended "moatmeal".

Me and my party guests are brought outside as the chef starts digging a large ravine and tankards of water are brought to the restaurant.

With this decision, your chance to try "goatmeal" has forever been lost. You will never know its flavor, its texture. But your satisfaction at outwitting the parameters specified in the scenario far outweighs any sense of loss -- or at least pushes it down deep into your subconscious. You smirk at Brent and give him a pat on the back, admiring the beginnings of your new castle, your new kingdom.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

If I eat it do I get to eat it again if I like it or is this the only goatmeal in the universe

This is the only dish of "goatmeal" that currently exists.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Waiter on second thought I'd like to try the boatmeal.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
why cant i ever try it again

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

oatmeal specially prepared by the goatman

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Izzhov posted:

This is the only dish of "goatmeal" that currently exists.

then no it should be in a museum

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

The Walrus posted:

then no it should be in a museum

Really? It'll probably get all moldy and gross

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Do I get a commemorative shirt or something with the goatmeal? This seems like an event I would like to commemorate

Bobmuffins
Oct 10, 2016

given that goats will eat literally anything it could very well be "a meal for a goat", that is to say, literally anything

given the ratio of food:non-food items i would say this is a losing bet

no, i do not eat the goatmeal

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I would decline politely.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

numberoneposter posted:

Waiter on second thought I'd like to try the boatmeal.

Soon after confirming your choice to the waiter, you feel a weight form in your stomach. No, you think to yourself. This isn't what I wanted. You open your mouth to raise your objection --

But it's too late. The Serbian man straps you tightly into the chair. He can no longer understand your tongue. He lays out a set of utensils, at least 3 of each kind, including chopsticks. You have no idea how you're going to use those things while strapped in the chair. You desperately try to turn your head away. Tears stream down your cheeks. This isn't what I wanted!

But it's too late. The Serbian man lifts up the platter. In your fury, your despair, you don't even catch a glimpse of what's underneath. During your thrashing, you see the man picking up the smallest of the spoons out of the corner of your eye, and bringing it toward the platter. Then the spoon full of "goatmeal" is forced toward your uncooperative mouth. You see a flash of light, so bright, brighter than anything else you've ever seen --

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The Walrus posted:

why cant i ever try it again

it's probably from something endangered, like the testicles of the last white rhino

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Do I get a commemorative shirt or something with the goatmeal? This seems like an event I would like to commemorate

On the opposite wall of the room, you see what appears to be a shiny golden medal hanging just above the door, complete with a blue and green ribbon. It's hard to make out, but there's some sort of writing on it... maybe cuneiform? Something like that?

You turn to the Serbian man and ask him what it is. He just stares at you, and shrugs.

Suddenly, a voice comes from the set of four PA speakers set up in the four upper corners of the room. It is a very posh British male voice, whose dulcet tones are sharply offset by the grainy feedback of the speakers. "It's ancient Sumerian. It roughly translates to, 'Yes, I have tried the goatmeal.'"

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 18, 2017

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

can I have seconds?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Bobmuffins posted:

given that goats will eat literally anything it could very well be "a meal for a goat", that is to say, literally anything

given the ratio of food:non-food items i would say this is a losing bet

no, i do not eat the goatmeal

I.C. posted:

I would decline politely.

Confident in your reasoning, you simply turn to the waiter and say, "No, thanks. But I appreciate the opportunity." He sets the platter gingerly down on the table, delicately folds the napkin hanging from his arm next to it, and walks up behind your chair to pull it outward as you stand up.

You walk out of the strange room, and back into your average, unexceptional life. You eventually get married. You have a few kids, or adopt them, or don't, if you're /r/childfree. You feel reasonably happy. But once in a blue moon, you wake up in the middle of the night, and you touch your cheek, and tears are streaming down your face, and you don't know why.

Eventually you succumb to pancreatic cancer, and depart this world peacefully in your sleep, surrounded by loved ones. Your very last thoughts are of your mother. But as a goat.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
goats are tasty. oatmeal is tasty.

i would trample over my own grandfather to reach a sweet bowl of goatmeal. and he's dead!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

i'm going to go slaughter some goats now and start manufacturing goatmeal, watch out for the kickstarter.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
What is it? You never said we couldn't ask what it is.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Brent: haha heys guys why am I on the other side of the moat? hello?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

alpaca diseases posted:

can I have seconds?

lorn Wayne posted:

goats are tasty. oatmeal is tasty.

i would trample over my own grandfather to reach a sweet bowl of goatmeal. and he's dead!

You are so disappointed by the piddly size of the metal platter. You haven't eaten in two days, god dammit! You turn to the waiter, give him a puppy-eyed look, and do your best Oliver Twist impression, "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

The waiter's eyes widen for a moment, unibrow jumping upward. Then he walks up to a particular spot on the eastern wall, and gives it a couple stiff knocks at about head level.

A tall, thin compartment extends mechanically outward from the formerly smooth surface. The Serbian man reaches down and pulls out what appears to be a cattle brand, its end glowing red hot. Your eyes widen a little and fear and adrenaline starts coursing through your veins. You try to get away from the thing, but there's nowhere to run. With the brand between his teeth, the man wrestles you to the ground, and plants the hot end of the brand firmly on your rear end. You let out a yelp of pain. "GREEDY," it says, in big block letters, surrounded by a border. Then you are thrown out onto the street on your rear end, which hurts even more since your rear end just got branded. Welp.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Izzhov posted:

You are so disappointed by the piddly size of the metal platter. You haven't eaten in two days, god dammit! You turn to the waiter, give him a puppy-eyed look, and do your best Oliver Twist impression, "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

The waiter's eyes widen for a moment, unibrow jumping upward. Then he walks up to a particular spot on the eastern wall, and gives it a couple stiff knocks at about head level.

A tall, thin compartment extends mechanically outward from the formerly smooth surface. The Serbian man reaches down and pulls out what appears to be a cattle brand, its end glowing red hot. Your eyes widen a little and fear and adrenaline starts coursing through your veins. You try to get away from the thing, but there's nowhere to run. With the brand between his teeth, the man wrestles you to the ground, and plants the hot end of the brand firmly on your rear end. You let out a yelp of pain. "GREEDY," it says, in big block letters, surrounded by a border. Then you are thrown out onto the street on your rear end, which hurts even more since your rear end just got branded. Welp.

worth it for the extra helping of goatmeal. i did get one right?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Bareback Werewolf posted:

What is it? You never said we couldn't ask what it is.

It occurs to you that the man serving the platter may have more information. "So... what is it?" you ask him.

The man turns his face blankly to you. "Goatmeal," he says, with a very thick Serbian accent.

"Uh, yeah, but what is it? Like what's it made of?"

The Serbian man makes a puzzled, annoyed expression like you're a complete loving dumbass. "GOAT.MEAL." he repeats, louder this time.

"No, but what's in goatmeal? What are the ingredients?"

The man's face contorts into an expression of pure rage. He picks up the brutally hot platter, holds it like a football, and tackles you, pinning you to the ground. You raise your hands up in front of your face, but it's no use.

"GOATMEAL!" he shouts as he lifts the platter above his head and brings it down on your face. "GOOOAAAAAATMEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAL!" he exclaims as he caves your skull in.

Your last thoughts are of the nutmeg farm you visited with your grandfather as a child.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

lorn Wayne posted:

worth it for the extra helping of goatmeal. i did get one right?

lol no you didn't even get to see it

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

WHAT UP

ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST IDEA EVER?

YOU HAVE MONEY?

YOU WANT EVEN MORE MONEY?

GUESS WHAT? WE GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU!

2, 1

GOAT MEAL

THE FIRST ALCOHOLIC, GOAT BASED PROTEIN MEAL

FOR BODY GUARDS, BY BODY GUARDS

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Izzhov posted:

ffs alright time to set up my own goatmeal still, screw the law

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Putty posted:

Brent: haha heys guys why am I on the other side of the moat? hello?

You weren't smirking at Brent's joke -- you were smirking at your own guile (or perhaps "euphoric at your own intelligence," to quote one of your favorite modern philosophers). While your friend was gnawing on his coat, you managed to slap his back hard enough to send him careening a few steps forward -- far enough to take him to the other side of the moat-in-progress before the water level got too high. As Brent waves frantically to you and the rest of your party, you see a black-hooded man quietly step up behind Brent and raise an axe high above his head. Perfect, you think to yourself. This is going to be delicious.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

lorn Wayne posted:

ffs alright time to set up my own goatmeal still, screw the law

You pull the last few strands of hair painfully out of your epidemis. Your scalp now looks like the results of a horribly botched acupuncture. Where did I go wrong? you think, exasperatedly. I thought I had it!

You've been spending the past three sleepless weeks attempting to develop your own formula for "goatmeal." What about.. three cups of goat, two tablespoons of nutmeg, and a quart of my own urine? No, I tried that one already... god loving dammit, what am I missing?

A faraway siren slowly enters your conscious perception. Oh poo poo it's the feds... I gotta get outta here! you think to yourself, and do so by immediately picking up the two-barreled shotgun in the corner and blowing your loving brains out. Your last thoughts are of the time you went to a regular farm with your grandmother, and they let you ride the goat, but you accidentally had an "accident" while doing so and long story short the goat ended up permanently disfiguring your genitals.

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Izzhov posted:

wtf I asked for seconds after I'd already eaten it

Izzhov posted:

"GOOOAAAAAATMEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAL!"

this is me now but clawing at the gate

• Locked thread