Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

quote:

How did you first meet your mentor?
I met him in a dream. When asleep, I often wander the dreamscape. One day, I came upon a beautiful landscape. A man was standing there enjoying the view. I greeted him. He was quite surprised to see me there. Recognizing a fellow psychic, he asked me to join him. That night he showed me such wondrous sights, and revealed his identity The Gestalt. I almost believed that I just had a normal dream, until he contacted me the next day.

quote:

When and why did you choose to train with them?
While The Gestalt is mysterious and even a little bit scary. He genuinely cares for the city and its inhabitants, and has saved it from destruction multiple times. He is also a huge advocate for psychic and other inhuman rights.

quote:

Why did they agree to train you?
I'm not really sure why he chose to train me. The Gestalt rarely works with anybody. When he agreed to do it, he mentioned something about not letting untapped potential go to waste. I don't think that is the only reason though.

quote:

Who else, outside of the team, knows about your training?

Philip Spade (Police Chief): Overworked, and unappreciated, he just wants to retire, but he knows the city needs him. He reluctantly accepts the help of the Gestalt.

Alex Smith: My older brother, He has pryokinesis and is a bit of a delinquent.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?
Everyone in the team is a least a little bit of an outsider, and its a place where I can truly fit in. Also, I prefer others to do the actual punching.

quote:

Your detective skills give you an "in" with other heroes wary of psychics and Halcyon City law enforcement that The Gestalt does not have. They all disagree about the value of those relationships and their expertise/powers. Which strikes you as the most true, whether you like it or not, and why?
They believe that normal law enforcement is in way over their heads, and they aren't actually equipped to handle the threats that the city encounters. Reluctantly, I must admit there is some truth to this sentiment. There are some things mundane humans simply can't handle. However, that doesn't mean I can't admire them. Everyday, officers go up against criminals that can destroy a building with a single punch. It takes really bravery to put your life on the line like that. Also, while they may lack physical prowess, they can still use other talents to take down villains that even most heroes wouldn't be able to handle. Powers alone don't make you special, and its why I got into detective work.

quote:

What's the worst thing about nonhuman and psychic's rights activism? What scares you about joining your mentor in it?
Most of those who are bigoted against us, keep their most repulsive thoughts to themselves. They have to maintain an image of genuine concern about the threat we pose, so they don't completely ostracize the general public. In reality, they hate us just because we are different. They also exploit the fact that I am psychic. What they really think is not hidden to me if their emotions are strong enough. I get exposed to their vilest thoughts. They take great pleasure in knowing that they can get away with it. Revealing their true nature would just prove their point. It disgusts me to be exposed to such hatred.

quote:

The Protégé
Look Woman, Caucasian, Compact Body, Fashionable Clothes, Simple Costume
Hero Name: Astral Sage

Abilities
Unique Ability- Detective Skills: The Gestalt doesn't understand why I indulge in this hobby, but I don't want the fact that I'm psychic be my entire identity.
Shared Ability- Psychic (Telepathy/Telekinesis)
Mentor Ability- I Know Your Darkest Nightmare (Fear and Intimidation)
Labels:
Danger: -1
Freak: +0
Savior: +1
Superior: +3
Mundane: 0

Mentor:
Name: The Gestalt
Embodies: Freak
Denies: Mundane

Moment of Truth:
The moment that you show who you really are: your mentor, or something different. You can do whatever your mentor could do and more. You can do the incredible, even the things they always failed to accomplish. Of course, they’re not going to see you the same way, no matter which path you choose…

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you’ve been a good leader or effective teammate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you, and you take +1 forward on using the Label your mentor embodies. When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add 1 Team to the pool.

Moves:
Been reading the files: You’ve learned about the superhuman world through your mentor’s resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll + Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you’ve learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge; the GM will tell you why.

Be mindful of your surroundings:
When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.

Fireside chat:
When you seek advice from your mentor, roll + the Label they embody. On a hit they will tell you what to do. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and take +1 ongoing to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way. On a miss, they don’t have time for you because something big has gone down; mark a condition, GM’s choice.

Resources:
The Sphere (Vehicle): A floating black orb that I can control with my thoughts.
Forensics Lab (Chem Lab)
Pocket Dimension(Hidden Base): A miniature dimension that The Gestalt willed into existence located in the heart of the city.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread