Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Interest post for an Outsider

- - -

There used to be a show. A fantasy adventure, wildly popular, called Legend of Legallia. The story of a collections of heroes fighting the Immortal Demon Morgul! Who conquered their worlds. With the power of destiny the five unlikely friends, led by Prince Tamrick. Chased the monster from dimension to dimension. Liberating world after world. It ran for six seasons. But the final episode never played. The show was dropped suddenly, unfinished. Years passed. Only a cult following remained. Still wondering what would have happened in that final episode...

Then one day, downtown was rocked by a rift being torn in the sky! From the rift walked Prince Tamrick, his skin ashen, his eyes crimson. Following him, came only one other person. The archer, Rene. Her guns in hand, she confronted the possessed prince. Filled with the immortal essence of their enemy. The rift closed behind her. Trapping the two of them in this world.

Rene is "Flame Dancer" a gun fighter, able to construct a selection of powerful weapons in her magic hammerspace to summon at any time. Though a stranger to this world, she's determined to save her companion. Rene doesn't let her predicament get her down. She's cheerful, full of energy, loves to dance and sing. She working tirelessly to beat the monster which stole her friend and rewrite the ending of the final episode.

• Where do you come from?

Some people tell me I come from the TV... I, um, don't know what that means.

• Why did you come to Earth?

I chased Morgul! To try and get Prince Tamrick back, and stop him once and for all!

• Why do you want to stay here (for now at least)?

I'm... uh, trapped... I can't open the gates myself, I don't have the power. Plus, on the bright side, it's kinda cool here!

• Why do your people want you to come home?

Because it's my home. I speak to them sometimes, they can open little gates to send me supplies. But we've not worked out how to get a person through, not yet anyway.

• Why do you care about the team?

I'm alone in this world... they took me in, showed me kindness, they're helping me adjust, so many rules to remember. I'd have probably already messed up big time without them!

What rule or law from Legallia do you miss the most, that Halcyon city sure could use?

The Laws of Drakeblood! Magically binding rules of engagement passed down by the gods! 'Ye cannot harm the innocent.' was the one everyone knew, but there were others as well. But the moment we jumped through the first gate, we were beyond the reach of our gods. I've always hoped to find their light and protection again

Do you love the Prince, does he love you? There's a great debate about it on the internet. Learn anything useful reading it?

L-Love? I, um, well... wow! Uuuh... that's kinda a... touchy subject... I'm a rescued slave girl. He's a prince! There's definitely.... ah, 'mutual respect' between us. But it can NEVER be more then that. No matter what I feel- ah! Um, not that I feel anything! Because I don't. Please stop looking at me like that.

I mean, I've seen the innerbet, ack, sorry, *internet*. Honestly, it's a bit scary how much they know about us. I guess it's good that the tails of our deeds have spread so far and wide! But... they know about things WE never knew about! It's a goldmine of information!

There's a support group for integrating "foreign" heroes like you into Halcyon City, they've given you a stipend and a cell phone and helped you establish an identity here. What are you most excited for now that you're official a citizen?

Well, there's all this food I want to try! And the music! Oh gods your music! I've already started downloading a lot of it onto my bike! I guess, actually enjoy some R&R for once! Apparently you have dancing "clubs" as well! I've tried seeing if anyone in the class will take me. But the boys always end up arguing over 'who' get's to take me! The girls do too... Is dancing really that serious here?

It's not all roses though, unfortunately, your classmates just do not get along. If a fight broke out, who are you afraid you might not be able to deal with alone and what would you do about it if you had to?

If it just came down to who's the better fighter, there's no problem. But the person in my class I can't deal with.

Is Jack of Thorns.

Their power isn't exactly complicated. They summon vines and magical playing cards. The problem is... uh, me. I was a slave. I've been free for a while. But the moment I get tied up, all the strength goes out of me. I just... I can't fight back! It's embarrassing. Used to happen to me all the time! But back then Prince Tamrick would always come save me.

Now? Uhh... now I'm not so sure. I'm just hoping no one works out my weakness...

quote:

The Outsider
Name: Rene - The Flame Dancer
Look: woman, human body, glowing eyes, flashy clothing, practical costume

Abilities:

- You can fly, and you’re pretty tough.
- alien weaponry
- stunning beauty

Labels:
Freak +1
Danger +0
Savior +0
Superior +2
Mundane +0

Moves:

Kirby-craft:
You have a vehicle, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your ship, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.

Rene's ship is a multi-form battle vehicle, obtained during one of the more sci-fi seasons of the show. Considered by many to be a turning point for her character, taking her from the usual damsel in distress, to a total bad rear end. The craft is a anti-grav speeder bike, capable to transforming to a number of different shapes depending on what was needed. Ranging from a power armour like jet pack frame, to the fan-fave speeder bike! It's biggest advantage is it's ability to fold itself up to the size of a credit card for easy transport! Though without weaponry of it's own, Rene is more then capable of firing while on the move with her own array of devastating weaponry. Unfortunately, with the technology being alien, even to Rene, she struggles to repair it quickly when damaged. Though she's a lot better at it then she used to be.

Strengths: Fast & manoeuvrable, size-shifting
Weaknesses: Unarmed, difficult to repair

Belong in two worlds:
You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:

- receive a useful piece of alien technology that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

Alien tech:
When you alter a human device with your alien technology, roll + Freak. On a hit, you create a device that can do something impossible once and then fizzle. When you roll a 10+, choose one:

- it works exceptionally well
- you get an additional use out of it

On a miss, the device works, but it has a completely unintended side effect that the GM will reveal when you use it.

Moment of Truth:

You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Team Moves:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do

When our team first came together...

We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships:

You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence:

If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread