Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Managed to find the keys, gas, and battery before 10 minutes was up. Got the car ready to go, went to grab the keys where I dropped them....and gone. Someone stole them while I was getting the gas.

Cue Jason popping up right as I realize that our escape is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sent out a bunch of PS4 friend requests. I need relief from the screeching children. I need screeching goons, instead.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Scalding Coffee posted:

I thought I was the only one with that. I have been trying to underclock and now the drat fan is blowing. No idea on how useful it is.

I changed my fan profile to spin up to 100% sooner, but otherwise I'm not super concerned as long as it doesn't go any higher. At first I wasn't sure if it was actually the game or if it had more to do with the fact that it's been hot as poo poo for the last week or so and my PC is upstairs.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Overheating is not a problem for me anyway since I crashed when looking for servers. I'll brute force this crashing someday.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It seems like the game is doing very well and getting a lot of media attention, so hopefully that translates into the team making lots of money and being able to hire more people to hell them do some bug squashing and optimization.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

In a game where most everyone escaped via car/boat/cops and now the only player left is someone who's been AFK the whole match and Jason hasn't found him yet. 7 minutes to go!

Edit: Oops, he found him with 4min to go.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 24, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

chitoryu12 posted:

I just watched Part 2. It feels like you were actually meant to sympathize with the counselors, as they spend most of the movie building up their personalities before killing them all rapidly one after the other as the climax begins. The final survivor, Ginny, shows up to Packanack as snarky and talented and starts talking about Jason's theoretical psychological issues. When she actually gets confronted, she kicks him in the balls and whacks him with a chair, and bad luck is the only thing that prevents her from using Jason's broken mind against him and killing him while he's helpless.

Also, Jason is hilariously weak in his first appearance. He can be taken out just by kicking him in the nuts and anyone who's decently strong and persistent can fight him and nearly win. He also blatantly fucks up a few times, like missing a diving tackle and falling down a hill or the chair he's standing on breaking as he tries to attack. Some parts end up almost funny as you see him suffer the absolute worst luck.

I forget if it was the second or third where the Final Girl stabs Jason in the leg and he actually yells in pain, then spends the subsequent chase hobbling around. Those early movies were fun.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was all set to rent a bunch of the F13 movies on Amazon to take the thread advice and watch more, but lo and behold, Starz has a bunch of them and I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon! Going to watch at least 1-3 this weekend. If I'm not particularly fond of slasher flicks, are any of the others must watch? I'm guessing I should at least watch all the ones with Tommy Jarvis, eh?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just had a round as Deb Kim where I called the cops, escaped with 3 in the car, came back as Tommy, and escaped with 2 via cop exit.

2422 XP and jason went 1/8 in under 7 minutes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Just had a round as Deb Kim where I called the cops, escaped with 3 in the car, came back as Tommy, and escaped with 2 via cop exit.

2422 XP and jason went 1/8 in under 7 minutes.

You can come back as Tommy after you escape? :vince:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

DrNutt posted:

I was all set to rent a bunch of the F13 movies on Amazon to take the thread advice and watch more, but lo and behold, Starz has a bunch of them and I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon! Going to watch at least 1-3 this weekend. If I'm not particularly fond of slasher flicks, are any of the others must watch? I'm guessing I should at least watch all the ones with Tommy Jarvis, eh?
Go watch 2,4,6 if you are watching the good ones. 2 takes a long time to get started, but Jason is really a newbie at murder and learns quickly in later movies.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

DrNutt posted:

You can come back as Tommy after you escape? :vince:

It takes bad jasoning, but if you call jarvis and no one is dead, itll pull from escapees.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

Just watch them in order. The weakest one, imo, is Part V.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm watching all of them in order until I finish the remake. May as well understand EVERYTHING.

Also the detail the developers got on the maps is absolutely astonishing. Even the placement of particular buildings that are shown to be nearby on camera is perfect. The only major change I've seen has been removing the bunk beds from Crystal Lake (though the cabin Kevin Bacon gets his tracheotomy in is still there).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Skoll posted:

It's underrated and pretty buckwild imo

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's underrated and pretty buckwild imo

It has some good kills but overall was not a great entry to the series. If I had seen it in 1985, I would have felt cheated by the ending.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Now getting kicked by the EAC every round. Rebooted the computer and still getting it. I am amazed at this game.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Skoll posted:

V's got some chops, all IX has is the opening (which is admittedly better than most of V).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like to pretend IX doesn't exist, even though that was the first one I saw in theaters.

It was just a bad Jason movie. The original ending for it was good though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So where's 8 bit Jason, I don't see him as an unlock.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Axetrain posted:

So where's 8 bit Jason, I don't see him as an unlock.

You press a button to change the skin on Jason III during customization. He is the only one who has this option.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DrNutt posted:

Starz has a bunch of them and I was able to get a 7 day free trial through Amazon!

when you get done with Jason you can bingewatch American Gods. Bonus!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just stuffed a Jason kill attempt in a pubbie lobby. Pubs don't know Jason can block the Pamela sweater stun :laugh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Now getting kicked by the EAC every round. Rebooted the computer and still getting it. I am amazed at this game.

i think your computer is a quantum one, it's just that it fluctuates between existence and nonexistence instead of two simultaneous existences.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

McSpanky posted:

I just stuffed a Jason kill attempt in a pubbie lobby. Pubs don't know Jason can block the Pamela sweater stun :laugh:

hey was it against a bag-head who'd dunked everyone else? That was me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
they really need to stop matching yanks and australians.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

We just got out in like 4 minutes, 4 of us all spawned near the 4-door, the battery was right next to the car, the gas was like halfway down the path and the keys too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why is ralph considered crazy when hes right every time about those teens being doomed

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I just had the most ridiculous pubbie story,which happened to coincide with my first pubbie Adam run- I stumble into this goofy Spanish-speaking guy who was playing Buggsy, who seemed confused. Everyone else just left the poor guy behind to do other things because he didn't speak "American" (the Jason included),but I decide to help him . After a bit of fruitless searching,we get back to the car to find it operational and the keys next to it. The guy hops in and revs the engine,right as Jason teleports next to it. Poor guy begins to shriek in terror as Jason pulls him out of the car. I run up and hit him with my machete. This is when the magic happens. It knocks his mask off and then sends him hurtling into the distance, as both me and the Hispanic guy are laughing our asses off. Then the round ends and it shows Jason as killed. To top it off, the Jason ragequit immediately afterwards.

So basically,this is actually a Dragon Ball Z game in disguise.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

why is ralph considered crazy when hes right every time about those teens being doomed

He also buys gold coins and has a survival shelter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DrNutt posted:

If you want to see Super Zombie Jason fight a pissed off Telekentic Girl across multiple houses, Part 7 is the way to go. Bonus, if you don't like gore, there isn't any! Because the censors were assholes!

So I just had an amazing round as Part 7 Jason. The trick with him is, you cannot play him like other Jasons. You don't hunt down players. You let them come to you. You find the three objectives and you just stay on them. They try and fight you, that's their mistake. Killed all but one Chad, who likely would have gotten away no matter what because Part 7 Jason cannot chase people down and that particular Chad had more than one knife. Though to my defense, he got out because of time, not because of any exit or phone calls. That is my loving car, that is my goddamn phone, and that is my boat.

Tinfoil also made a Burk-Like move, proving that my terrible luck passed on to him for the round. He was fixing the battery when I rolled up, so he dropped it so he could pick up a weapon. Only problem was, he dropped his knife too.

So after a quick grab and head crunching, I was on my way back to the phone.

Also Last Dancer might have had the most hilarious death of them all. I rolled into the house to stop him from making a call, since everyone was AT the phone box ready to stop me, and he knows I'm coming so he starts to move. While pressing E.

Cue him sliding under the bed.

Cue me stabbing the poo poo out of that bed.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Burkion posted:

If you want to see Super Zombie Jason fight a pissed off Telekentic Girl across multiple houses, Part 7 is the way to go. Bonus, if you don't like gore, there isn't any! Because the censors were assholes!

The de-masking scene was pretty gross-great.

Pus doesn't count as blood so it's okay!

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Burkion posted:

So I just had an amazing round as Part 7 Jason. The trick with him is, you cannot play him like other Jasons. You don't hunt down players. You let them come to you. You find the three objectives and you just stay on them. They try and fight you, that's their mistake. Killed all but one Chad, who likely would have gotten away no matter what because Part 7 Jason cannot chase people down and that particular Chad had more than one knife. Though to my defense, he got out because of time, not because of any exit or phone calls. That is my loving car, that is my goddamn phone, and that is my boat.

Tinfoil also made a Burk-Like move, proving that my terrible luck passed on to him for the round. He was fixing the battery when I rolled up, so he dropped it so he could pick up a weapon. Only problem was, he dropped his knife too.

So after a quick grab and head crunching, I was on my way back to the phone.

Also Last Dancer might have had the most hilarious death of them all. I rolled into the house to stop him from making a call, since everyone was AT the phone box ready to stop me, and he knows I'm coming so he starts to move. While pressing E.

Cue him sliding under the bed.

Cue me stabbing the poo poo out of that bed.

I PRESSED E

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
For those of you playing on PC what do you prefer using, a controller or keyboard and mouse? I've been using my 360 controller but am wondering if the keyboard/mouse is the better way to go.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The curious case of the phantom car: So Kelp grabs me out of the car just as it started back up, when I was actually trying to stop just before it finished and get out to fake him out, he grabs me and I notice holding forward, the car is still driving. Now I'm bugging out over the radio and to him like WAIT WAIT WHAT, LOOK AT THE CAR, the minimap even was still following the car like it was body, so I managed to map navigate it to the exit and out. I see it do the auto-turning and stuff like the car does, but I'm dead, the camera's been focused on my corpse the whole time.

Finally the last guy gets away and [YOU SURVIVED] comes up, full XP and stuff like I'd lived. :ghost:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

B.H. Facials posted:

For those of you playing on PC what do you prefer using, a controller or keyboard and mouse? I've been using my 360 controller but am wondering if the keyboard/mouse is the better way to go.

I prefer the controller. I like playing most third person games with one and can mash out of grabs or traps faster.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Republicans posted:

V's got some chops, all IX has is the opening (which is admittedly better than most of V).

IX is really bizarre and feels more like a Phantasm movie than a Friday the 13th.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Leprechad has many talents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ArDd-gWzp8

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"Video is unavailable"

Good now!

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just had a game where the last person alive showed up as a phantom during my sense phase, and I was able to grab them, but then they turned invisible and I couldn't kill them. Then the game refused to end. I'm kind of impressed that I continue to be amazed by new wondrous glitches I've never seen before.

• Locked thread