Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

So

I always die instantly as Tommy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tomahawk posted:

game good so what

It's kind of a minor miracle that it's good. It really has no business being this good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

lol why would I think they'd patch anything with the gifts/double XP weekend

what a dummy I am

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Yea, on PS4 I anxiously await the patch that gets rid of people getting on top of the boathouse and opening drawers to be invincible.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hey what's the best way to pipe in specific audio clips while I'm playing? I'm going to cut up parts of the hit single Space Jam and play them at appropriate times.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Voicemeeter with virtual audio cables is going to be your best bet, I'm not super sure about a media program that'll let you control it while out of focus though

I've thought about this once or twice :frog:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

Hey what's the best way to pipe in specific audio clips while I'm playing? I'm going to cut up parts of the hit single Space Jam and play them at appropriate times.

A question for LepreChad. You just have to catch him and steal his lucky arms for the answer

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I use virtual audio cable and pipe it down the line with a program called goldwave, probably not the proest solution but it works for me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

It's kind of a minor miracle that it's good. It really has no business being this good.

A major part of it is the table-top-gaming aspect.

It's not everyone in a free for all shooting each other. It's people bringing their personalities into a group to fight the boss with cunning and blind stupid luck.

The game is just alright if you're in a non-talking group, it's great when you're Jason pretty much always, but it's fucken fantastic with everyone using mics and coordinating tactics.

And the real miracle is that it's even fun with dipshit pubbies and kids, a gaming first, because you just leave their asses in a crying heap as Jason bait as you Chad as hard as you can.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I spawn as Jason, pick up a knife, and crash. Why didn't I refund when it took 18 hours to drop all the cards?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just remembered it's double XP weekend.

Ready to give good Chad Face for 60 hours.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Not only is this my favorite online multiplayer of all time, it also holds the distinction of being the only video game I would ever watch videos of people playing.

One of the things I've come to appreciate about this game is how much my gf has become obsessed with watching me play it. Back in my Destiny days, I was constantly trying to schedule raids and poo poo around her not being around or having other plans because she hates it. Now I try to do other poo poo while she's gone because when she comes home it's like "hey what up you playing the game yet?" Not even Friday the 13th, just "the game."

Also I showed her a couple goon vids and she was like, "oh, you can just watch people play online too?" :shepface:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I almost never play anything multiplayer--this is the first time in my life I have ever used the headset and mic. It's just too much fun. Finally getting comfortable enough with the game to not be worried about playing as Jason, as well.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

A major part of it is the table-top-gaming aspect.

It's not everyone in a free for all shooting each other. It's people bringing their personalities into a group to fight the boss with cunning and blind stupid luck.

The game is just alright if you're in a non-talking group, it's great when you're Jason pretty much always, but it's fucken fantastic with everyone using mics and coordinating tactics.

And the real miracle is that it's even fun with dipshit pubbies and kids, a gaming first, because you just leave their asses in a crying heap as Jason bait as you Chad as hard as you can.

Having been in both highly coordinated groups of counselors and completely silent ones where everyone is just doing poo poo independently, the skill of the counselors and their ability to cooperate is probably the biggest factor in whether or not Jason wins.

In a skilled group of good fighters and runners who coordinate their efforts over walkie-talkies, they can leave Jason sitting on his rear end or vainly chasing after a Vanessa any time he tries to go after them and have multiple escape methods in various stages of completion. In a group that isn't even trying to communicate, he slaughters them one at a time.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

gently caress I love being vanessa. 'TRACK AND FIELD BIIIIIIITTTtttttch* I wail as I vanish over the horizon, the jason vainly shifting to the space where I was a minute ago

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I almost never play anything multiplayer--this is the first time in my life I have ever used the headset and mic. It's just too much fun. Finally getting comfortable enough with the game to not be worried about playing as Jason, as well.

I finally nutted up and played a Jason round last night and it was humiliating.

I got to practice trying to cut off the car with morphing because some ding dong was doing laps.

I'm not mad at all. I actually am laughing pretty hard at my dumb little story.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Had a very brief round where the cops were called two minutes in and baghead set traps on the border of the map. I merrily fired a slug in his bag and exited the map ten feet from the closest trap.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DrNutt posted:

One of the things I've come to appreciate about this game is how much my gf has become obsessed with watching me play it. Back in my Destiny days, I was constantly trying to schedule raids and poo poo around her not being around or having other plans because she hates it. Now I try to do other poo poo while she's gone because when she comes home it's like "hey what up you playing the game yet?" Not even Friday the 13th, just "the game."

Also I showed her a couple goon vids and she was like, "oh, you can just watch people play online too?" :shepface:

She should play this game with us. We have a nonzero number of girls who frequent our games now, some are actually very good when they are not hunting S C A R Y T E R R Y like the loving terminator.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

There are actually loads of women playing this game which is really bizzare and a nice turn.

Although maybe I'm only just now noticing because mics are a thing.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 23, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It might help that a solid half of the cast are women, and the Friday the 13th films have always been waaaaay better with the heroines than some other series.

Despite the bullshit Roger Ebert would spew, there is a reason why Final Girl is a thing, and these movies have never hated women.

Also it's just a lot of goddamn fun to play, either as a survivor or Jason. Just going around, murderin people, even if you shouldn't.

Though let's be clear, it's always OK to kill Terry.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
There were also a lot of women playing dead by daylight. I have a pocket suspicion that women tend to like these horror games the same way men tend to overwhelmingly like high adrenaline FPS games, though obviously I have zero data on that.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Its great fun hearing a really enthusiastic chick playing jason too... right up till you realize bag-head jason is a pretty high end jason and also you're dead and everyone's dead to the sound of malicious giggling over the mic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Burkion posted:

It might help that a solid half of the cast are women, and the Friday the 13th films have always been waaaaay better with the heroines than some other series.

Despite the bullshit Roger Ebert would spew, there is a reason why Final Girl is a thing, and these movies have never hated women.

Also it's just a lot of goddamn fun to play, either as a survivor or Jason. Just going around, murderin people, even if you shouldn't.

Though let's be clear, it's always OK to kill Terry.

I just watched Part 2. It feels like you were actually meant to sympathize with the counselors, as they spend most of the movie building up their personalities before killing them all rapidly one after the other as the climax begins. The final survivor, Ginny, shows up to Packanack as snarky and talented and starts talking about Jason's theoretical psychological issues. When she actually gets confronted, she kicks him in the balls and whacks him with a chair, and bad luck is the only thing that prevents her from using Jason's broken mind against him and killing him while he's helpless.

Also, Jason is hilariously weak in his first appearance. He can be taken out just by kicking him in the nuts and anyone who's decently strong and persistent can fight him and nearly win. He also blatantly fucks up a few times, like missing a diving tackle and falling down a hill or the chair he's standing on breaking as he tries to attack. Some parts end up almost funny as you see him suffer the absolute worst luck.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Motherfucker posted:

gently caress I love being vanessa. 'TRACK AND FIELD BIIIIIIITTTtttttch* I wail as I vanish over the horizon, the jason vainly shifting to the space where I was a minute ago

Same but "YOU CANT HUGGZY THE BUGGZY" especially if they're using the bear hug kill (my personal favourite)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Motherfucker posted:

I use virtual audio cable and pipe it down the line with a program called goldwave, probably not the proest solution but it works for me.

haha holy poo poo, Goldwave? I used to use that from back in 1998/9 or so. Wow. First time I've seen it mentioned in years.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

She should play this game with us. We have a nonzero number of girls who frequent our games now, some are actually very good when they are not hunting S C A R Y T E R R Y like the loving terminator.

LMAO she is terrible at most games that aren't platformers and the only modern games that she's played to completion were the Tomb Raiders and Uncharted 4, both on their easiest difficulties. She also has a condition called spasmodic dysphonia which makes it really hard for her to talk so using the mic would be sometimes quite literally painful for her.

But yeah, I've actually played with a bunch of ladies during pub games and I think only once did someone get creeped out of a lobby.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also I wish there was a way to tweak windows 10 audio settings so that you can output to both the speakers and the headset, because if it goes to speakers, I can hardly hear anything the other players are saying, even with my audio settings tweaked to favor voice, but if I have audio output to the headphones, my gf doesn't get to hear anything. It's annoying that there doesn't seem to be a native feature to allow this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DrNutt posted:

But yeah, I've actually played with a bunch of ladies during pub games and I think only once did someone get creeped out of a lobby.

Yeah it's so pathetic when you find a lobby with a gamer who happens to also be a girl and one or more of the guys is getting either creepy or douchey.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Lasher posted:

Holy smokes. Went an entire match with this one fella jut invisible to me until the LAST SECOND when he lit up. That was some pro-hiding there.

I rolled some nice sense avoidance perks with the free CP. 25% in sleeping bags, 16% indoors and 16% overall with faster crouch speed and minor/no penalties on all of them. Slap those on an AJ or Tiffany and you're laughin'.

What goodies did you guys roll today? I also rolled a Slugger with 10% bonus damage (and 8% stun penalty :argh:), Hypochondriac with 19% healing bonus, Grease Monkey with 37% car start bonus and Firecracker for, well, starting with firecrackers.

I can't wait to combine that Slugger with my previous attack speed and weapon durability perks and play as BATTLE CHAD.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 24, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

We just had some entertaining matches. One Chad survived right until 2 seconds left thanks to having 36% sense avoidance. Jason got a grab kill, went to punch his head off, and somehow despite his noggin being separated from his shoulders, Chad survived.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hexenritter posted:

We just had some entertaining matches. One Chad survived right until 2 seconds left thanks to having 36% sense avoidance. Jason got a grab kill, went to punch his head off, and somehow despite his noggin being separated from his shoulders, Chad survived.

MAX LUCK BABY :smug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hexenritter posted:

It's no different from his normal state of being.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
With the bonus CP this weekend I finally got it

The epic-level Aquanaut

Look out Jason here comes ChickenHeart the man-fish (also did anyone manage to get anything useful from their CP bonus?)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ChickenHeart posted:

(also did anyone manage to get anything useful from their CP bonus?)

I got a starting baseball bat with melee boost (I think?).

Jason better get ready to say hello to The Bear Chad.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

One last update (Unless something weird happens) about the Jason hearing stuff.

"I have finished doing a hearing test on every single Jason except Savini, this test was performed using AJ, Deborah, and Lachappa on each Jason.

What I figured out is every Jason has about the same hearing range and ability, except Part 7 who can hear sound pings so exceptionally well that he will hear a Vanessa no matter if she's crouching or not, and is the only one that will hear an AJ jogging.

All Jasons have a minimum hearing range so that sound pings don't appear on screen when counselors are too close, this minimum range coincides with Deborah's 9 stealth as the only range where a non Part 7 Jason will be able to receive a sound ping from her jogging, any pixel beyond that range and a sound ping will not be produced, generally speaking, you want to sprint away until the Jason proximity music begins to fade, and that's when you're safe to jog, as he'll still hear sounds pings if you sprint.

Lachappa and his 8 stealth is disheartening with how much of a placebo that stat really is. All Jasons will easily be able to hear him jogging from halfway across the map, with the exception of Part 7 who will hear him jogging from anywhere. This is the reason why nobody below Lachappa was used for testing, because everybody else has below 8 stealth.

What this means is that against any Jason that isn't part 7, you can jog wherever you want with AJ and Deborah, and against a Part 7 you will need to crouch walk everywhere to not be heard."

In short: Rev up them Part 7's if you wanna kill the pubbies that just try and hide in the woods all game.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

So his lucky arms were OK? We all know his head isn't super important.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Had three rounds where Jason crashed in two hours. I of course, was one of them. Every round today someone crashed at the intro.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was fine yesterday evening, today I'm getting massive overheating while in-game just on the main menu. I haven't even jumped into a game and it sounds like a loving tea kettle in my computer tower.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

King Vidiot posted:

I was fine yesterday evening, today I'm getting massive overheating while in-game just on the main menu. I haven't even jumped into a game and it sounds like a loving tea kettle in my computer tower.

Friday the 13th makes my system run consistently between 81 and 84 degrees celsius. No other game does this, including Rise of the Tomb Raider or Doom 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought I was the only one with that. I have been trying to underclock and now the drat fan is blowing. No idea on how useful it is.

• Locked thread