Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Database login failure? I assume this is just the servers getting hammered right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I just got in somehow, maybe try again anyone else?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Second game I got to be Jason and killed 6/7, pretty happy with that. They kept trying the car and driving right into me, like you can't run me down dummies. Couldn't find that last fucker though, no noises and my sense wasn't picking anything up :shrug:.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Started off one game right next to the propeller and gas, easiest escape ever.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Finally got to wipe a whole group of counselors as Jason :murder:.

I unfortunately also have a bug where my screen goes entirely black except for my minimap a the start of a game, not every game obviously but it's happened a couple of times and I had to quit out.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I kinda wish Jason couldn't grab you right out of teleport.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Some guy died in less than a minute came back as Jarvis and then shot me for "not coming to his aid", get hosed you dumb as poo poo pub.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I hate to say this but I have been having way more success with speed/stam characters like Vanessa than stealth type characters. You make a racket but if Jason detects you then you actually stand a chance of getting away, where AJ seems pretty well hosed if Jason finds you. You have stealth but the house you're in still lights up like a Christmas tree so it's kind of only useful for skulking it through the woods. I think it's just hard for me to tell exactly how much composure and stealth actually reduce how detectable I am where running faster for longer is a very real and immediately understood useful advantage. Even if Jason wants to focus on me Vanessa can at least play cabin roulette with him for a long while and waste alot of his time before getting killed, doubly so if you luck into a pocket knife and or flare gun.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 28, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty minor compared to the other problems people are posting about but my Steam achievements aren't activating I noticed.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm getting that bug where I am stuck at level zero and can't use any of my CP or switch perks. Guess I'm done for tonight hope they fix this poo poo.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Played a bunch today since they fixed all the problems I was having. Got alot of Jason time in too, out of the last 7 or 8 games I was Jason 3 times. I wiped the counselors twice but also had a rather bad 4/8 game playing as Jason 6. I usually use the standard J3 but tried 6 and man not being able to run does not feel good. Also we had a group were we almost got a Jason kill but I could not pick up his mask as Tommy for whatever reason, we had the sweater and his mask was on the ground (after we gave him such a beating he was basically stun locked for several minutes) but there was no prompt to pick it up :shrug:. Also I kind of feel like you should only come back as Tommy if you get killed, I've got a few games where I got out only to be immediately dumped back in, dammit game I wanted my survivor chat where we smugly tell each other how we totally pulled a fast one on Jason's sorry rear end :smug::argh:. My last game in particular we got away by car withing like 4 minutes, and I came back in with only one other person alive as Jarvis. The other guy died within a minute of me rejoining and I decided to just wait him out hiding behind a rock off in the middle of nowhere. Very lame but it worked he couldn't loving find me, I even saw him wandering around on the edge of my mini map a couple times. I had already earned my first escape if I have to do it again I will resort to cheesing you out Jason.

What are Tommy's stats anyway? Is it just 10s across the board, I notice he has no sound indicators I can see even when I'm running full speed uphill through rough terrain.

E: Also the fuse must be like the Holy Grail or something, I have put 15 hours into this game and have never found one.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 30, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I repair poo poo just fine as Vanessa, it just takes like 10 seconds instead 4 or whatever. If Jason is on your rear end I feel like the slight time advantage more repair gives you is of questionable use. You usually the fix the car when when Jason isn't around.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Errors made on some repairs (most notably the cop box) give off map wide alerts and are guaranteed to get Jason's immediate attention since you have revealed that you:
- are doing something important
- are distracted
- are in a very predictable location

Yeah but with my strategy that won't matter either, it's the fine art of "hoping the person playing Jason is incompetent" and some of the time it works 100% of the time :c00lbutt:.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Unlocked Tiffany today, I think shes my favorite character now. Speed + Stealth is great, she can ghost around the map for days. Is there a way to tell which house has the phone box other than just physically running around each house you see?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't care about the skin but those perks Savini has look pretty good and it'd be nice to use them, maybe they can just release a Jason in the future (Jason X?) which has the same skillset. They are upholding their commitment to the backers though which I understand and it's certainly not something anyone should be upset over.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Had a game were I escaped early but watched the rest of the match, saw one guy put down the fuse in a bathroom in exchange for a health spray. He had no injuries, Jason was not on him and there were still 6 people left, holy poo poo pubbies.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Jason III is the most boring but I think he's actually the most effective, also he doesn't really look like a serial killer so much as a disgruntled dad upset with the kids.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm just a dumb pub player but with even a modicum of communication you can stomp on Jason hard for a long while. I've been part of some hilarious Jason beatdowns that last for almost the whole match. I really should start playing with goons though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Just saw some guy standing on some rock that I couldn't target as Jason. Way out in the water and he wasn't quite standing on it but also couldn't get on it myself, I think that's the first exploit I've seen so far.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Jason IX seems alright, better shift is always welcome, he sure is ugly. I am mostly just happy to be done grinding him out though.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I dropped the map perk since I usually find one anyway but man it sure sucks when you don't.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

He does the axe throw like you see on Jason 8 in that vid right? So maybe there's new skills. Double exp, + free cp and a new Jason? Looks like I know how I'll be spending most of my game time this weekend.

E: Also here's a youtuber I watch getting very salty at bad pubbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET-I3OjlXqs

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm level 34 and have probably spent 2/3 of my points on counselor perks and only have 2 epics, neither of which seem all that useful.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So where's 8 bit Jason, I don't see him as an unlock.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ran into some guys using some sort of wall exploit on Packanack. They were inside the stairs in the house and I couldn't hit them :(.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Oh nice new content this weekend. I put a good 80 hours into this game playing it from launch but eventually it got kinda repetitive and I moved on, this will give me an excuse to pick it up again. Hows the meta in this game these days? My long term worry for the game was that it would eventually stop attracting new players when a group of super vets playing Jason just dominated everyone forever.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I actually feel relieved when I'm not Jason at this point. Otherwise it's my rusty level 40 rear end getting clowned on by a bunch of level 100 pro councilors.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Level 48 here and just found my first Pamela tape, in fact I found two tonight! It's strange to think how often they must appear only to never get found.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

BUTTERWORBS posted:

god forbid they hear the f word while they're watching nonstop decapitations

This is kind of silly, kids can pickup bad language and then go on to use it inappropriately else where, there is a practical concern beyond just a moral one. On the other hand the game is not likely to inspire child serial killers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah bad/new Jasons are a ton of fun to play against because you can usually clown on them for the whole match and it's kinda funny actually.

• Locked thread