Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Finally bought this game after watching several hours of Jade's streams over the past couple of weeks and managed to survive my first round because of it. My name on Steam and Discord is Grapeaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This game is really fun y'all but I don't like playing as Jason because of how incredibly slow he is. Maybe I should try one who can run next? That said, I managed to kill Duster in my second Jason round ever because he spawned by the phone and was being too aggressive. He was waiting on the other side of the door so I backed away after I broke it down, he missed his swing, and I grabbed him. He came back as Tommy and escaped pretty easily at the end, though.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

It's a video game based on a movie series about sex and murder. It's specifically made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I'm actually surprised that I've only played one round with people who were really racist and was bothered more by the fact that they were shouting the same unfunny line every 10 seconds for the entire round than by their opinions.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Only the ending bit where Ginny gets attacked by Jason through the window is a fever dream.

Everything up to Ginny driving the machete through Jason's shoulder happened. After that is when reality breaks. We know this because her boyfriend comes back to get her after she takes down Jason, when in reality he's dead in the ending and Jason is still on the ground. It also fits with the theme of the first three movies having fake endings just before the true one happens.

Friday 1- Kid Jason attacks Alice in the boat. She wakes up to find there was no boy.

Friday 2- Ginny is attacked by Jason through the window, with her boyfriend and that dog that Jason ate still alive. She wakes up to find she's the only survivor and is delirious from blood loss.

Friday 3- Whatshername is attacked by ZOMBIE PAM in a boat to mimic the first movie.

e: nevermind, I misread your post

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 18, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Okay quick thing

Tinfoil joked that I should be a streamer today, I'll explain why tomorrow it just involved me Chubsing as hard as Chubs could Chubs anything

But man every time I hear my voice in a video, which thankfully is not very often, I cannot stand it. If I ever started recording videos of vidja games, I would have to never watch my own content or else I'd be at a serious risk of never speaking again. What the gently caress is even with my voice, it's just this weird deep bullshit thing that I cannot properly describe without a lot of swearing and self loathing

How you people put up with hearing it I will never understand

I am stoked some one saved that though.

Lastdancer posted:

Your voice is friendly and disarming

Every time you tell me to stop killing you I have to seriously consider it, and sometimes I do!

^ This, plus your voice sounds almost exactly like a buddy's, who is the funniest person I've ever known and I haven't seen in about a year and a half because I moved to the other side of the country.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

This last patch is a loving disaster, my girlfriend's performance has dropped (and it's running all low on 720p) and there's so many god drat crashes if you don't have a high-end system apparently. Our group I guess is composed of mid-range PCs and it's guaranteed that someone's game will crash mid-match and if it happens to Jason then RIP the round.

I'm using a 6600k and 1070 and have been dipping below 60fps occasionally at 1080p and have also been dealing with a lot of crashes, freezing and other bullshit today. It's not just mid-low end systems with issues. Didn't they say they pushed this patch out early to stop people from being able to steal perks? Hopefully that's why there are so many issues.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Don't engage Snatch Duster unless it's ingame, he's a counsellor and you're Jason.

Everyone else, just chill out friends.

Duster is usually very helpful if you're both counselors. He's saved my rear end several times.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Also thanks to you fucks and to keep from having to explain what the gently caress happened to me in a game to Tin and Duster, I'm going to figure out this whole recording poo poo. I'll show you, I'll show you all

OBS is probably the best program to use for this. https://obsproject.com/download

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

We just played a round where the fuse, the propeller, the phone and the radio were all in the same cabin. It was ridiculous.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

So, some of these tales from other Goons

May have been recorded. Poorly, but recorded!

You'll have to deal with my POV and running commentary so you know, have fun with that. I'll post the rest, and honestly the BEST, tomorrow, but first a warm up. Our first match of the night from my perspective, and a good idea of how choppy the game is going to look coming from me. Come experience my hell. Come see the adventures of

The Goon Squad VS Friday the 13th

Starring in

Goons VS LastDancer Round 1 (In Which Burk Helps No One)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHsYcLBNqY

If you raise your CPU usage settings to superfast or ultrafast it should help with some of the choppiness. Also lowering the bitrate helps but the video might look a little more pixelated.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 19, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

drat Snatch Duster hosed up in a PYF thread and got nailed with a 30 day probation. Someone else will have to make sure to keep us updated on his Friday the 13th exploits.

Nope, he got the 30 day probie from this thread. FAU decided a sixer wasn't enough and probated him again.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I just played a good pubbie game? Everyone had mics and were being helpful and trying to accomplish things instead of just running to the nearest person to gently caress them over whenever Jason showed up. It was was weird.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

So I just had two matches I did not record because they do impact my game a bit. It lags more with the recording. But I'm pretty happy with them. Duster and co wanted to kill an easy Jason, and either through luck or chance I got the part. So I killed sweater girl because she was alone, then I killed Duster because he got over confident, and then I killed Tommy Jarvis because gently caress Tommy Jarvis.

I've played Jason very little, and never Part 8, but I'm pretty happy with that all considered. I really want to practice as Jason more, but there's no real practice with the Goon Squad on your rear end.

Speaking of, the next round was against Voodoo Wolf as Jason, which ended in an impromptu Jason hunt with me as the expendable point man. A role I cherish and love. So I just went balls out machete fighting Voodoo face to face while the others ran in with pot shots. Eventually we got the mask off and the rest was history.

I recorded the one where you killed sweater girl but did not see you kill her. I heard you grab her and thought she was at the back of the building so I ran out just in time to hear her die. I recorded a lot tonight and I'm still going through them and editing out some of the time between rounds.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I just realized how late it is. I'll post some of that stuff tomorrow.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

FaKiu and I escape to the police. Burk as Jason and Lastdancer try to take down Duster. I forgot to start recording this one until about 1 minute into the round and I think Burk was gone for the first 30 seconds because the police were called almost immediately.

1 v 1 v1

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nate and I get horribly injured while trying to use the phone, Burk is extremely helpful, and Venus breaks Spanky's will to continue.

Jason Goes Home

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I got a fatal error in a lobby and crashed earlier.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah PS4 version is pretty good except no one has their 13,000 xp.

I was told that the 13k xp is coming this weekend.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

NES Jason Gets Murked

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This one is from last night. Venus is Jason and it's Vargerd's first Jason kill.

Baghead Jason Dies

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Oh right. Man, we actually did work on that one. I don't know how much, if any, damage Duster did before we rolled up, but Nate and I tore that mask down. If only every Jason kill attempt could go that smooth.

I really wish I had remembered to record the one I did with Duster and someone else that night where I was Tommy. We were the last 3 people left and had a pile of bladed weapons and no other items. Jason shift grabbed the least important person so it ended up being really easy.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I thought it had to be a machete that killed Jason? and that Tommy need to have the mask in his inventory?

Nope and nope. You can do it with the machete or axe and don't need the mask.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Another one from last night. imweasel kills everyone in just under 5 minutes.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

AJs, and only AJs, are rage quitting whenever I find them.

That's pretty pathetic. What's the point of even playing?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

For real? This has to be an oversight of some kind.

Nothing works on Jason when he's blocking, not even the sweater. It's really dumb and I think they should remove blocking from the game, though it's a bit late for that and a lot of people would freak out.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

If I'm going after people in a cabin I block in case I go round a corner and they try to shoot me with a flare.

Can't block shotguns though.

Yeah, I forgot about shotguns when I posted that. Those work, but literally nothing else does.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This game had a typical outcome for a Duster Jason round. What sets it apart is that a few people spent more than 10 minutes trying to get out in the four-seater. Also, Duster manages to grab someone out of the drivers seat from the passenger side.

The Little Engine That Couldn't

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

when is holding your breath worth it? it doesn't seem to last long enough to make it a good idea because whenever you let go of the button you loudly gasp. if Jason spends any length of time in the house looking for you he's gonna hear you gasp eventually. actually when is hiding ever worth it at all?

It seems to work best if someone else is in the cabin with you. Hold your breath when he's in the same room as you and hope that the other person runs out of the cabin and leads him away. If you're by yourself it's often better to jump out of your hiding spot and try to run when he gets close.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I got one of those yesterday and immediately sold it because it seemed awful. I could see some situations where it would be useful but it didn't seem worth slotting when there are much better perks.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 22, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jetamo Saves the Night

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This was so hilarious I had to keep turning my mic off so other people could talk while I was laughing. It really sucks that no one can hear you. If you're using OBS go to Audio Settings and add your mic to Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 22, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Yeah but we had literally everyone looking for it for drat near the entire match. Well

Okay

Venus was killing Terry but that's also a noble goal. I think we scoured every corner of the map for the fucker until the two minute sign hit. At that point I just told Venus to get out and Weekly to kill everyone else. Venus got the Tiffany achievement that way too!

Yeah, I personally searched twice in almost every building and other people went back and rechecked the other buildings.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

There's just nothing like timing it perfectly and laying Jason out with the baseball bat, so I swing away, pocket knife or no.

:same:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phyresis posted:

Friday the 13th hard mode is pretty tough

you don't get a stinger for jason 2 and she has a loving shotgun

can you spot the killer in the next pic?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/thelastdancer

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

That kid was so disappointed. "Please wait." I laughed pretty hard.

That kid got what he deserved. Thought he could hide in the lodge like a bitch and wait for someone else to do the dangerous work.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Did he hear the car starting?

You can hear him whisper "someone's putting in the battery" to someone else who is also hiding in the lodge.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I screwed it up. It was "This guy's putting the battery In."

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

Holy poo poo this would explain why I can never seem to find anyone as Part 6 without spamming Sense (and even then :shepface:)

Yeah, I've almost exclusively played part 6 and have an awful time trying to find people until the round is almost over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Danaru posted:

I do wish there was a more monetary reward for playing as a team. It feels like 50% of my deaths are because I saved a counselor, only to be immediately ditched and killed by Jason. One guy even cracked me with a wrench so I went into injured can't-run mode :mad: We're in this together dammit. Like instead of a flat 500 CP for escaping, make it 100 per survivor or something. Playing as counselor is becoming the prisoner's dilemma except also there's a machete wielding rear end in a top hat hanging around

Don't play with pubbies or Venus

• Locked thread