Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skoll posted:

The second and third ones are the best of the series imo.

The remake from 2008-9 wasn't bad at all though.

The director's cut anyways. The theatrical version, which I'm not sure actually exists on home video, was kind of a trash fire that cut out any and all meat from the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
CHH CHH CHH

HAA HAA HAA

does anyone know how or why that variation happened again, by the by?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to lie, I'm likely going to be maining Part 7 Jason pretty hard.

He has, by far, my favorite design and I liked the shorter cool downs on movement abilities. Running as Jason just doesn't feel right, even if it is the earlier ones.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to lay this down right now

I'm going to be the friendliest Jason you ever did see.

I may walk up to you but chances are if you don't start poo poo you don't get hit.

Now what constitutes as starting poo poo, well we'll just have to see how that works out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One of the better ones I keep an eye on is Ohm, mostly because his Friday videos usually end up with him teaming with H20 Delirious, and it's kind of fun to go over to his channel and track down the same session from a different perspective.

Ohm spends one game running around avoiding Jason and dealing with other players bullshit while trying to fix the phone, while Delirious, in that same session, is totally alone and just finding poo poo and fixing a boat. All the while the bullshit on the other side of the map is happening.

It also makes certain things that happen even funnier to see it from another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirAaZVRnB0&t=1216s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JLq8Yy8Sl0&t=1180s

(Not going to lie, not a huge fan of Bryce's videos and I don't really check out the others. Not big on the streamer face cam mugging from the camera over playing the game stuff.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So a fair warning for everyone here.

I am my grandmother's caretaker- she is wheelchair bound other stuff. It won't be super frequent, but when she needs me to do something I will have to gently caress off to take care of that. Usually it's only once every now and again, and I'm only gone for about 2 to 3 minutes, at least at night. So I'll try to let people know if something comes up during a match and if you see me just standing around not doing anything, that's why. Feel free to do whatever to me if I am away.

I won't be on during the day much due to this, so night time is when I'll likely be playing the most.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So it basically requires a lot of poo poo to go really wrong for the Jason player

Yep that makes sense

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a reason why it is ideally 7 V 1.

Because the 1 is really loving dangerous even with the 7 all being armed and able to fight back. That's like the entire point of the game and the movies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure if you need a new fuse every time, but you need one to fix it the first time and Jason can still break the fucker.

If you need a fuse every time, Woof

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The best part is

Jason is like the only slasher villain who gets the ever loving poo poo kicked out of him through out the movies. Most of them, the beat down on Slasher only happens with the last person and at the very end. With Jason, it's just a constant pain train that he powers through.

That's part of why Jason seems so much stronger than most of the others- he just takes all this poo poo and keeps getting back up.

The fact that the survivors can fight back with so many different weapons is fantastic. I don't think you could make a more Friday the 13th style game than this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure we see Part 3 Jason running too.

Complaining that Jason looks silly doing his run is kind of like looking at Godzilla and complaining that he looks like a dude in a suit.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's he supposed to do?

Run in a way Jason has never, ever moved apparently.

I just never saw anything wrong with the way he runs. That's how he ran in Part 3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Keep in mind Kane only played Jason for 4 films, the other times it was a bunch of different people (and directors so you had a crap ton of variations). Kane has his own "views on the Jason character" in terms of what he should do, running was a big no no for him, along with killing animals. So I'm not shocked that the running looks odd, since he never did it in the roll to the best of my knowledge.

One weird side effect of Kane doing mocap for all the Jason's in this game is Jason is a lot more bigger and bulkier than he ever was in most of the earlier movies. It's kind of a shame that they all seem to have the same bulk to them.

Oh I know that, though Kane Hodder is also smart enough to know that Jason did run in 2 and 3.

I actually kind of love how the other Jasons all look, because it looks like Kane Hodder wearing their makeup. I would love to see what a Freddy VS Jason version would look like

EDIT: I at least got to preload it, so I would assume you could

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jumping in to check the controls

Might be able to squeeze in a quick game before I have to take care of some last minute IRL stuff

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So my first few Goon sessions went well

I was off in the middle of nowhere the first two, built a boat and then immediately got lost and hit a rock, did gently caress all the second, third time I spawned near anyone and basically ran into a post apocalyptic nightmare of shotguns on couches and nothing else. Though I made a friend with Jason, and then he betrayed me. To be fair I betrayed some one else to him first so you know

And then I was Jason and the bullshittery hit an all time high

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

weekly font posted:

Servers down for anyone else? Getting database login failure when I try to do anything.

Same here.

Two of us still seem to be in though so who knows

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TALES FROM THE GOON LANDS

British Jasons refuse to grab, thwarting master pocket knife plans.

Thanks Beige, your competence was my undoing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Saint Freak posted:

So Jason can hear your in-game voice huh?

Oh gently caress yes he can.

I gave myself away one time without realizing he was in the area.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
MORE GOON TALES

Weekly Font had probably the best juking I've ever seen using the Goon Icon Of All Goon Icons, the fat nerd. Ran out the clock like a motherfucker. Only not a mother fucker because the fat nerd never gets any loving, mothers or otherwise.

Then I did nothing and then I did everything I could to get as many people out alive as possible

While also simultaneously aiding a hit and run homicide. I regret none of these things

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SilverSupernova posted:

I haven't seen F13 sections of the discord. Did I just skim past it?

There's a link to it at the bottom of the first page of the OP, and it's called the Jason's Love Shack

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's absolutely wrong about it.

I wish he wasn't though it'd make trapping people there even easier.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ki Ki Ki Ki

Ah Ah Ah Ah

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goon Tale- getting more than two people into a lobby is a nightmare when it's not private.

Getting a full lobby when it is private is also a nightmare.

Also Caros spent a good three minutes circle jerking Jason with two other people around a car and it was pretty glorious.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have played Jason exactly once. It was a Goon Game, and I think I did pretty well. The only method of escape that anyone got to use was the boat and one of them died doing it. I killed three others and kept the phone and cars on lockdown.

Time ran out for the other four though because they wouldn't make a play and I'm STILL convinced the son of a bitch in that on cabin was just loving with me and I was absolutely not going to play that game.

Basically I do very well against aggressive players if that was any indication. Players who hole up and hide are on my poo poo list because I cannot be bothered to gently caress with them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Queering Wheel posted:

Hahaha I got lucky and found the boat, propeller, and a gas can all pretty close together at the start. So I just fixed the boat myself and escaped alone less than five minutes into the match :lol: The other counselors weren't too happy.

See I did the same thing only it was the first time I ever got in the boat and I didn't have a map.

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't make it out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

I was in a room where I guy was upset he was picked to be Jason. Motherfucker after 2 days I haven't been Jason loving once, be happy you get to be Jason!

I've only just gotten used to knowing Jason Part 2/3 can be legit fought due to stun/health cons on those versions. Twice me and another guy had knocked out one of them. I like how it not only supports the idea that this early Jason wasn't quite demonic/superhuman yet, but also balances out the fact that these Jasons can run. Works out nicely.

Maybe I'm forgetting my lore though because didn't Jason mainly use the machete in more movies? I only saw one Jason start with it, idk if you can switch weapons as Jason.

So, with Jason, the machete is the weapon he uses the most across his incarnations mostly because it's what killed his mom. And himself.

It is by far not the only weapon he's used though. The only Jason to just constantly use the machete all the time was Freddy VS Jason's iteration, where I swear to God it was glued to his hand. Otherwise, Jason can and will pick up and use whatever weapon he can.

Axes, pitch forks, a pick axe once, limb trimmers, party horns. Spear guns are one of his most used weapons of all of them, might be used more than even axes.

Part 8 Jason never even had a machete. He basically just did whatever however he could. Sauna rocks, punching dudes heads off, glass, guitars

So each of the Jasons having a non machete weapon does make a fair bit of sense. Kinda wish Part 8 Jason had the guitar though

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goon Tales- CLOWN CAR OF CHADS

Also I know the key to killing Tinfoil

Friendly fire.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I should elaborate on the Tinfoil story.

I'll let him fill in the blanks, but here is what I experience both times. First time I was a Jason, minding my own business, stopping these fuckheads from starting the phone again. Tinfoil is trying to get the phone going, I grab him. Some one, some beautiful person who I never figured out which one of you it was, had a shot gun and thought, Okay, I'm going to hero mode this poo poo.

Shot Tin Foil only. Not me. I was completely fine. I was actually stunned In Real Life for a moment because I could not figure out why my character was unharmed and why Tinfoil was now dead. Apparently Jason can use people as human shields. Slaughter followed these events. Side note, make a habit of killing every Tommy you ever see as soon as possible so they don't pull any Mother Commands You poo poo.

The second go around, again Jason, I bust into a cabin of Chads. Just, a virtual clown house of Chads. A loving Chad Army. I get in, get knocked the gently caress down by something or other, am just getting knocked around real bad. Tinfoil, another Chad, sets down a bear trap. I see this as I go down. I go down, can't see anything going on over that direction, mashing E to get up, and I hear all this screaming about the trap and the Chads going on about a Fellow Chad. I get up and I see Tin Foil struggling to recover from apparently getting into HIS OWN TRAP. I grab him and then there was one less Chad.

Still not sure what the gently caress happened there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Red Mundus posted:

Controversial opinion time: I don't think Jason should have throwing knifes or should have access to very little. Too easy to get people limping and shut down a good chase.

The Non Running Jasons really need them though.

Plus, Jason has always used projectiles. Throwing knives, axes, harpoon guns, bows and arrows

So I'm glad they're in.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only real issue is, with 7/8 other people, it's real hard to get a good intimate stalk on.

Also if everyone is grouped up, it's SUPER hard to actually kill any of them unless you just wear them down of all their weapons and they haven't run from you for some reason.

Chad Patrol was so successful against me entirely because they kept putting me back down and I couldn't deal with them as a group.

Well that and the police corridor on that one road is made of magic and bullshit and there is absolutely no way to keep people from escaping down it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

Is there a Steam group for this game or is it just console stuff right now?

There is, check the OP, bottom of it. We've been gooning out with it.

Speaking of, GOON TALES

Really I can sum up the best of it with one thing

Burkion posted:

Also I know the key to killing Tinfoil

Friendly fire.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, you can open doors as Jason.

Jason is many things, but stupid isn't one of them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

weekly font posted:

You can survive with anyone if you get lucky enough to find a pocket knife or two and get crafty with windows/cabins. I gave em the old razzle dazzle running out the clock for EIGHT MINUTES yesterday with Nerdy McGoo.

e: well gently caress, came back from a friends house and its Database Error only now. Nothing has changed on my side :rolleyes: How is this not sorted out yet?

I was a witness to this event.

It was one of the most glorious moments in the game. Chubs McKenzie is my spirit animal.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Timeless Appeal posted:

I like the Tommy mechanic a lot. I watched the Friday movies when I was about ten, so Tommy was oddly kind of a superhero for me as a kid.

But I was thinking that as much as Roy is kind of a joke, I was thinking that it might be fun to re-spawn as him. Basically put a secondary Jason on the map. Have him function the same as a counselor character but be able to kill without getting XP losses. He can still be killed by Jason.

This is a brilliant idea and I loving love it.

Maybe go full tilt with it- you respawn, not as Roy himself, but as whatever character you were playing dressed up like Roy's Jason. Coveralls, hosed up mask, but on your character model

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

beggar posted:

Been following along with the thread and watching videos of this game all weekend. It looks amazing but I'm gonna wait for the servers to stay stable before I jump in.

Have there been any recordings of a Jason kill that wasn't letting him do it? That WORLD FIRST video was very cringy and the story a goon told in this thread was good, but I wanna see it happen.

PS #TeamBuggsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-zTuaZTfUY

Seems like the Jason has to kind of really suck to get killed

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GOON TALES THE WHATEVER-

So I played a few goon games tonight. We had some really on point Jasons, and then one really lovely one (Me) who seemed to forget how to grab people until the last few minutes when he finally got two kills (Totally thought it was E for some loving reason. Fourth time ever playing Jason!)

I died every time I wasn't Jason, and quite frankly they could have killed me as Jason if they had wanted to. Until I remembered how to grab people anyways!

So by my final game, sadly after Tinfoil had bowed out without being gunned down by his companions, though after he ran over one of his companions in turn, I was well and sick of dying. I declared to myself, this time, this time Burk lives.

I spawn on the goddamn motherfucking porch of the giant rear end house that is the biggest Jason beacon to ever exist in the world. As Vanessa. I scream a lot. Some of my fellows may have heard me screaming, I'm not entirely sure- there were others there. I did not stay long however as I ran the gently caress off into the woods blindly, just trying to get into the middle of goddamn nowhere to figure out what to do.

When I arrived at the cabin, I found a map, a pocket knife, a walkie talkie, and gas. Being a Vanessa, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of trying to gas up the car. Then I heard a voice over the walkie talkie, a wonderful Psygonis. He mentions idly that he has the propeller. He mentions having something else as well but I largely ignore that. I look at the map and discover I'm not terribly far from the boat. He's a ways off though.

I go back to fretting about the gas not wanting to leave it behind. Eventually I realize that Psy is on the correct road, and that if we meet up, we can get to the boat and get the gently caress out. I hoped, in my heart, that he would not be a Vanessa.

It was a false hope. He strolled up as Vanessa as you please. So we two Vanessas ran off to the boat and hosed up fixing it so many times. Just, all of the times. After some fuckery over who would drive, I got in and started the boat so he could get in, which we totally did not forget. And then I drove into a rock.

Thankfully a true hero and patriot was juking the gently caress out of Jason, and the Vanessas survived unscathed, having not even met our Silver Nova Jason.

After this I fully realized just what Psy had- he still had the phone fuse. Meaning we had taken one of the only gas tanks, and we had taken the phone off the table. We had well and truly hosed over everyone else, in under 8 minutes no less!

And then Olesh got clever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Olesh posted:

There was but one path to victory left to me, and damnit, I was taking it.

The best (worst) part is I was streaming this, so the 7 or 8 people watching got to see a basically unmoving view for the majority of the round as I just sat in a hiding spot and waited for either the round to time out or for Jason to get sufficiently close that my counselor would panic and give herself away.

In the future, if I'm ever in a situation where my choices are "commit suicide on the three bear traps guarding the car while I try to repair it" and "survive by waiting out the round", I'm just going to save everybody's time and walk on the bear traps to end the round.

Did you save your stream and/or have a walkie talkie?

I really need to know if my and Pys's crows of victory over Vanessa Superiority made it to the rest of you fuckers

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can't not watch 4. 4 is a masterpiece of 80s cheese.

7 is the most fun of them all if you want to see Jason throw down with a psychic telekentic girl and her undead dad. A hypothetical Directors Cut of 7 would be my favorite of them all if it existed.

8 lies to you, but it makes up with those lies with some really cool kills. I still want Guitar Jason in the game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically here's the secret of the franchise.

Unlike with Halloween, or Nightmare or really any other Slasher film- every Jason movie has something to it. Every Jason film has some edge to it that makes it worth watching. One particular kill, one excellent moment, a heavy load of homoerotic subtext

No Jason movie is without merit. Even Jason Goes to Hell is great for it's truly brutal kills and the director commentary where they just take the poo poo out of the movie every chance they have.

No Jason film is GREAT CINEMA FOREVER, but they're all fun as gently caress and if you want to see some people get murdered or see an immortal angry zombie man do his thing, you cannot go wrong. From Pam to Jason to Roy, all of them have some kind of special quality. None of them reach the highs of the first Halloween or Nightmare, but they don't sink to the depths that those franchises found either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goon Tales The This One

So Raptor is still upset with me about things that may or may not have happened ages ago. But on the plus side I got to get into a fire poker fight with him and shoot him twice, so that was fun.

Also, pro tip. If some one (me) goes out of their way to give you the keys to the car and sacrifices their life so you can put gas in the car, please do not then flip the goddamn car. Thank you.

• Locked thread