Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
The Year of Our Lord, 1017

Camelot was a place almost too beautiful to be real. One of the largest, safest kingdom-states in all of Britannia.

Uther Pendragon was its ruler, as was the destiny of all the Pendragon line. A great king or queen for a great kingdom-state. But he aged, with time, as all great men and women do. In his dying years, he vowed that his son or daughter would become his successor. There was just one problem. Well, two, to be precise.

Unto him was born his son, Arthur, the 'boy who would be king.' But alas, there was another.

His sister, Morgana, a witch, whose beauty was rivaled by her cunning and skill with magic, the dark arts of ages past.

Which would succeed the throne of Camelot? By right of succession, it should be Morgana, eldest sibling.

But there was another piece to this puzzle.

During one of his last battles, Uther Pendragon cast Excalibur, his trusted sword he received from the Lady in the Lake, back to its depths. His words were simple: 'Camelot's next ruler shall wield this blade.'

Uther returned home to find Excalibur stuck in stone. Upon the stone was an inscription. 'Whosoever pulls this sword from this stone shall be ruler of Camelot.'

Now it had become exponentially complicated. Any man or woman, whoever Fate chose, would become king or queen.

A veritable legion, of every race, class, and creed, tried and failed.

Fate chose wisely indeed, for 'twas Arthur Pendragon who pulled the sword from the stone.

Morgana, outraged that her rule would be denied by a simple blade, broke away from her family and home, and began the War of Succession.

The war was conventional, to start. Men and women, knights and yeomen, horses and swords and bows. Morgana convinced many to follow under her banner. But these simple battles would not be enough.

Morgana used her dark magic to turn the tide of war against Camelot, against Arthur and Uther.

Eventually, the unthinkable happened: Camleot burned around Arthur and his brave Knights of the Round, and all those who followed. They fought valiantly, but were pushed back through the very gates of the castle where they had grown up together, played pranks on servants together, watched each other grow into fine men and women.

Arthur became desperate. His men covering his retreat, he made a frantic push into the Pendragon Vault. It was there he found his salvation.

The Holy Grail. An artifact of great power. Unknown power. Terrifying power. Power that now, Arthur needed as his home went to cinders. He made a fervent wish, a heated prayer. The Grail glowed with a light comparable to the sun, outshining the fires that burned around him. Covering his eyes, Arthur waited for that light...and found instead only darkness.

1000 Years Later

Today's world is a more peaceful one, albeit with its own conflicts, its own struggles. The deeds of Uther, of Arthur and his Knights, have passed into legend, myth.

But this peace would not last forever.

Morgana and her dark magic have returned, and her will, her command of the dark arts, her desire to rule over Camelot, or any who stand in her way has not faltered.

She is not the only one.

As a group of people, seemingly unrelated, but connected by Fate, will soon learn, these legends, these myths...are very real.

And who am I, to speak of all of this, you might ask?

A thousand years ago, I was known as Merlin, one of Camleot's court wizards, an advisor to the throne.

Now, I am just an old man, hoping that Fate and I can work together to prevent what is coming. A tragedy a thousand years in the making...

--

Uh, what the hell's a Sentai?
You know Power Rangers? Well, Super Sentai is where the Japanese footage comes from. A longer running series of shows basically about the same ideas: a group of people (sometimes Teenagers with Attitude, sometimes not) come upon some kind of awesome power that allows them to transform and pilot giant robots/animals/whatever in order to fight evil. Each player in this game will make a dude/dudette/cyborg/whatever and take up the role of one of these people, a member of a team known as the Kishirangers. (Kishi meaning knight in Glorious Nihon.)

So, do I have to be a giant weeb for this, or...?
Not at all! Hence the setting, being the modern world, and the main setting of interest, Arthurian/Medieval Lore (with some liberties,) allowing for more potential in terms of characters and storytelling.

What's Tokyo Heroes?
Tokyo Heroes is a tabletop system designed and written by one guy that allows for roleplaying in the specific style of not only Super Sentai, but also Magical Girls (think Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, or Madoka Magica) and Kamen Rider (the guys with the bug masks who always seem to be kicking people really hard.) Generally, these kinds of shows follow a specific format from episode/season to episode/season, and this system reflects those ideas, along with allowing a lot of player freedom and control over the game, based on what kinds of characters they make and how they so do.

What on earth do you want us to post in this thread?
Using the Tokyo Heroes system, make and post a character in this thread, following the rules as best as you can, though there are some vagueries and weird details, so questions are welcome and may lead to houserules.

Character creation will have some additional rules:

1. Sentai, Magical Girl, or any other kind of characters are allowed. As long as you justify them in-setting/lore, I want to see whatever you can come up with.

2. You'll be making a character in 2017 and the person from a thousand years ago whose spirit they'll inherit. The 2017 character will have all the stats and such, but the person from 1000 years ago will be their power source. How they'll morph, what weapon they use, and so on. Two different personalities, but under one set of stats. These two can be vastly different, or very similar. What matters is that you have both ready to go!

3. Don't pick your color right away. Instead, somewhere in your character's big 'ol post (whether in a separate block or within the actual post itself,) answer these questions in-character (as either Mr./Mrs. 2017 or otherwise)

quote:

What's your favorite color? Why? And the same, but for least favorite.

What's something you'd consider a short-term goal for yourself? A long-term one?

Do you have any phobias, or things that just kind of creep you out?

When would say you were at your most heroic? Your least?

(This one's for Mr./Mrs. 1000 years ago) What was your relation to Camelot? What's your story?

4. Unfortunately, There's gotta be an Arthur. He's a central figure to the past, and now that he's here in 2017, he wants to stop Morgana. So No Morgana, since she's the big bad. Double unfortunately, No Merlin, either.

5. Don't worry about Group Assets! Or, if you want to take the initiative, Make awesome suggestions for Group Assets!

Other than that, go hog wild! I'll leave this up until apps start showing up, and we'll figure things out from there.

Sally forth!

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
This post will be useful, and I need mods to fix our good buddy u with a macron at the end of Tankyu. Thanks in advance!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tankyuu Sentai Kishiranger OST - Professor Crowley's Office

My name is Elsa Crowley, pleasure. I'm a professor of literature and mythology at Gressenheller University. You may have seen my analyses on Le Morte d'Arthur in Modern Myth and Legend Journal. You're the most knowledgeable person I could find to be my host! Right, right. I'll get to you later. But yes, I'm one of the leading experts on Arthurian legend, which makes it all the more funny this has happened to me. Through fate or some other force of chance, I found myself becoming the owner of an antique gauntlet at a charity auction. I couldn't imagine that it actually belonged to...

Tankyuu Sentai Kishiranger OST - The One-Handed Knight

I, Sir Bedivere, loyal Knight of the Round Table and marshal to King Arthur. Yeah, him. Ah, what a blessing from God it is that our spirits have resonated across time for this purpose! So yeah, for some reason, I just happened to get Bedivere's gauntlet right when the Knights are called into service once again. So I put on the gauntlet and all of a sudden, I'm in this full set of armor with a sword and everything! Even better than the jousters at the Ren Faire! Lending you my power is the least I can do to assist my King against Morgana! I have seen my lord fall under my service once, and I fully intend to keep that from repeating. There aren't really any lakes large enough for you to put him in around here either. Lady Crowley! Sorry.

I tend to skew towards the cooler colors, particularly blues and greens. I find them calming. A blue is thoughtful, logical, considerate. I tend to avoid colors like red. A red is brash, emotional. A red does not think before acting and gets into trouble for it.

What's something you'd consider a short-term goal for yourself? A long-term one?

My short-term goal is, as it always is, to survive to the end of the current semester without tearing my hair out. As for long-term goals...Well, I'm working on a novel right now and shopping out for publishers.

Heights. Always hated them. I have difficulty even going up a 6 foot ladder.

A few years ago, an investigation turned up that at several universities across the country, female professors were being denied tenure in favor of their male colleagues. I took it upon myself to spearhead a campaign highlighting the accomplishments of female academics, which directly led to several universities instituting reforms to their tenure regulations. I suppose you could call that heroic in its own way.

As for my least heroic...As an intellectual, I am not necessarily one for physical altercations. One time, I was attending to some business at my local bank when an armed robber burst in and held up the place. I immediately hid under a desk and did not leave until well after the robber had left. I know it was the right thing to do, but looking back on it, I feel so cowardly...if only I had had Bedivere's power then...

(This one's for Mr./Mrs. 1000 years ago) What was your relation to Camelot? What's your story?

Ah, as I said, I was one of the Knights of the Round Table, and acted as marshal to King Arthur. I suppose my greatest story is when I assisted the King's cousin Culhwch in overcoming the challenges of and vanquishing the giant Ysbaddaden so he could win Olwen's hand in marriage. I was also one of the few survivors of the Battle of Camlann and....I was...the last of Arthur's knights to see him alive. At least, I thought I was. Upon Arthur's disappearance, I entered a hermitage, forever cursing my inability to protect my king. It is because of this that I am ecstatic to be serving my king again through Lady Crowley.

Elsa's note: In the earliest depictions of the story of Arthur, Bedivere only has one hand, though most contemporary versions ignore this detail. This seems to be reflected in the fighting style I use in Bedivere's armor, which exclusively uses the left hand. I suppose I'm lucky that's my dominant hand.

quote:

Elsa Crowley/Bedivere

Character Concept: Professor of Mythology

Aspect: Calculating Heroine

Virtue: You can remain calm under pressure, and are good at devising and sticking to a plan.

Fault: You have a hard time dealing with failure, and you’re overly critical of people who won’t do things your way.

Keys: Cause (Protect Arthur), Specialty (Knowledge of Arthurian legend)

Perfect: You can spend 2 Karma to re-roll a failed action. If you spent Hero Dice on the action the first time around, they don’t count for the re-roll, though you can spend more Hero Dice if you want. You can only re-roll a given action once.

ATK: 1
DEF: 3
ATH: 2
BRN: 5
SPT: 4

INT: 6
RES: 7
STM: 27

Heroic Flaw: Blunt personality

Personal Edges:
Profession (Professor)
Perk (Authority)
Knack (Quoting Monty Python)

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 16, 2017

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cannot believe there's not a single link to Hyper Camelot in that OP.

Trying to decide if I should apply with a super obscure Knight of the Round Table, or the Green Knight.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Guess I should play Shovel Knight. One more good reason to!

:allears:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Actually, even better/cooler/dumber idea: can I app The Questing Beast?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was very tempted to do Sir Robin myself.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If being part person part (combination snake leopard fox thing) isn't cool I'm going with Melion The Knight Who Is Also A Werewolf.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
As per the OP, I say go nuts. Fun ideas will be interesting to read/play and may inspire others as well!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jun Shimada, inheritor of the Nine Demon Gods School of Kukishin-Ryu, and host to...

Gawain the Green Knight.

Both are passionate, just, kind and not especially bright fellows. Jun is...not stupid, but everything he knows is focused on martial arts, and he hasn't paid much attention to anything else. His passion for justice often leads him to jump to conclusions or to judge others before they have a chance to prove themselves, but he'll stop at nothing to protect the weak and defend the innocent, and when he is proven wrong, he's quick to apologize and try to fix things. He's just likely to have started a fight before that happens.

Gawain the Green Knight (yes, the two characters in that story were, in fact, the same one) is overconfident and brash, thanks to a combination of being nearly unkillable and solar-powered. He is very proud of his abilities and his ability to defend others. He is not, however, a person who makes good decisions consistently, being a pigheaded and rather oafish man.

quote:

Character Concept: Master of Martial Arts

Aspect: The Paladin

Virtue: Your absolute sense of justice lends you courage to face any adversary.

Fault: Sometimes you're too quick to criticize the faults in others, and sometimes you too readily put your principles before everything else.

Keys: Cause (Protect the innocent.), ???

Righteous Blade: You can use Karma points as Hero Dice for Special or Finishing Attacks.

ATK: 3
DEF: 5
ATH: 3
BRN: 1
SPT: 3

INT: 5
RES: 14
STM: 45

Heroic Flaw: Yoo quick to judge.

Personal Edges:
Hard to Kill
Basic Attack: Martial Artist
THAT ONE FOR OWNING A HOUSE: Dojo

quote:

Uh...green? I like green, because it's the color of nature and grass and stuff. Keeps you grounded in the modern world. I'm not so much a fan of yellow, because yellow is English for cowardly!

Well, I'd like to get some more students at the Nine Demon Gods dojo. I mean, self-defense is important. For long term...I dunno. Get married, maybe? Hahaha, don't write that down. Uh...let's go with becoming the strongest!

Ugh. You know what is awful? Centipedes. When I was a kid I remember we went out to the mountains one year and I woke up with a centipede the size of my hand just crawling along next to my face. So gross.

I'm at my best when I'm standing up for others. A true martial artist fights to keep others safe! So I always step in when I see people getting hassled by thugs or whatever. That's me at my best. At my worst...well, I'm going to say that's when I have to go to college classes. I'm kinda stupid, you know? All those lectures and notes go in one ear and out the other. So I don't like class and I just kind of hide in the back and hope I don't get called on. I mean, I could be like a delinquent and not show up, but that wouldn't be proper behavior for a true martial artist.

I was Gawain, the Green Knight! The Maiden's Knight! I, the strongest of all when the sun was high! From midnight to noon, my strength grew greater. From noon to midnight, it grew weaker. But even at my weakest, I could survive anything. I once had my head struck off, but I put it back on! It was my duty to serve, and I was drat good at it. They called me the Maiden's Knight because I was the defender of women, particularly those who could not defend themselves. If I gave my word, then I would keep it - even should I have to cut off my own hand! Sure, maybe I wasn't the cleverest or the wisest or the best tactician. But I was the shield of Camelot.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 3, 2017

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Putting in a placeholder post for Clark Parker, and his Arthurian mantle, Lohengrin the Swan Knight.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
If Morgana is designated as the baddie, could I still use Mordred, or is that too much of a stretch/undermining of the heroic knights angle?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Going with the Lady of Shalott instead

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 18, 2017

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009

RandallODim posted:

If Morgana is designated as the baddie, could I still use Mordred, or is that too much of a stretch/undermining of the heroic knights angle?

Mordred and characters like him should be fine, in fact, I'm very curious to see that concept!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Leaning towards doing a version of Tristan as a gunslinger or sniper.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 17, 2017

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Question: Since we're not picking colors yet, does that mean we're also leaving out anything associated with it like Virtues and Aspect Keys?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Those are associated with colors as archetypes, yes, but the archetypes are more important than the actual colors. Don't worry about it, just do it full.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
You can go either way on it. Either pick ones that sound appropriate for the character, or wait for me to assign colors and go from there. Whatever works best for ya'll.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I love this idea. I might not have time for another game, but if I get the chance, I'll throw up an app based on Sir Lancelot (don't let this stop anyone from doing the same).

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
I made a Discord, for those interested: https://discord.gg/jmsGzqg

I wouldn't worry about it too much right now, but it might be useful once we get the ball rolling.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Hello! Sakai Ryoko, seventeen years old, student at B high school! I enjoy music, friendship, and sleep! My blood type is AB, I was born on October 28th, and my favorite food is pomegranates! Everything would be perfect if it wasn't for this guy in my head constantly bossing me around.

I am not just some guy.

You are a creep. You just hop into the head of an innocent young woman and--

You were reborn to bring about the restoration of the great city of Camelot and restore the Holy Grail to it's--

Laze about all day like a freeloader, not even helping me with something useful like history homework, because when I answered with the things he told me, I got a 'Nice Story, Ryoko," and a big fat ZERO on my test, and then had to do a make up exam--

Because the evil Morgana has returned, freed from her imprisonment, and seeks to complete that which she began, which will plunge the world into a thousand thousand years of darkness, and unlike last time, which I was the innocent who could address the Fisher King and locate the grail, now I am wise, but you, fair maiden, are still pure of heart and innocent of mind--

Which is why I'm skeezed out by some historical weirdo taking up residence in my head and lecturing me all the time! I have enough on my plate without--

The whole world is in danger!

Is it? Where? See, this is what I'm talking about. Always talking about something being wrong. Yeesh! When is it actually going to happen?

quote:

Gold! Or, wait, maybe white? Or silver? It's so hard to decide! I don't really like pink, though, and blue just doesn't go with anything I own.

Graduating! And finding love. What other things could be on the mind of a pure-hearted school maiden?

Goats! This creepy square eyed things with their weird horns and beards and faces... Uggggggh.

My father and mother knew I was destined to heal the wounds of Camelot; if only it had lasted long enough for me to do so. Lancelot, my father, was the one to bring down the marriage of the King and his bride, and I was the result. Thus, it fell to me to restore the kingdom and bring back what had been lost.

If only people could get my name right. I could barely remember it myself the first time.

quote:

Sakai Ryoko/Sir Parsifal Galahad

Character Concept: Pure Fool

Aspect: Final Weapon

Virtue: You’ve trained long and hard before entering the field of battle. You might not be the most experienced warrior, but you’ve honed your skills well and are confident in yourself.

Fault: You’re isolated, and however skilled, still inexperienced, especially when it comes to working effectively with others.

Keys: Goal (The Holy Grail), Specialty (Wise Stupidity)

Perfect: Fruits Of My Training: You can spend 6 Karma to get a –1 Target modifier for one fight scene.

ATK: 4
SPT: 5

INT: 5
RES: 11
STM: 30

Heroic Flaw: Easily distracted

Personal Edges:
Hard to Kill
Special Attack: Weapon (Holy Lance)

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 5, 2017

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Aiya Goto

"How did you know that Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie? ...Is it that obvious?"
Aiya's Theme

Has Inherited the Spirit of the Tragic Heroine "The Lady", Elaine the Fair, the Lady of Shalott

"There are few things worse than a life unlived."
The Lady's Theme

"No time hath she to sport and play:
A charmed web she weaves alway.
A curse is on her, if she stay
Her weaving, either night or day,
To look down to Camelot.
She knows not what the curse may be;
Therefore she weaveth steadily,
Therefore no other care hath she,
The Lady of Shalott"
-- Lord Tennyson

I always thought I was happy. I really did. I knew that because of my weak heart, I'd never be able to do a lot of the things other people would, but I was also pretty lucky. Lucky to have parents who love me, and have enough money that I'd never have a care in the world. I could go wherever I wanted so long as where I wanted to go was in the house or the greenhouse. I could have and wear any clothes I wanted, so long as the clothes I wanted were pink. And once I graduated high school, I could even get whatever college degree I wanted, so long as whatever degree I wanted was available online and was also one of the approved subjects. It wasn't until I met her in the garden that I realized how unhappy I had been.

Whenever I could, I came to the garden. The air, the sounds of birds and bugs and wind were the closest I came in my daily life to life outside. It was also one of the few places I feel alone but not lonely. Which is why I was confused to find someone else in the garden who definitely wasn't staff. She sat by the water lilies wearing something like she had walked out of a story book. "Are you happy here?" She asked me, eyes on her needlepoint. "Truly happy?"

"Yes," I replied automatically. It's not something you think about, unless questioned.

"Then why do you spend so much time in the garden?"

"It's the only way I can be outside."

"Are you truly happy doing only what they tell you and living how they say?"

"I have a weak heart--If I get too excited I could hurt myself. I'm fine just letting them take care of things."

"Oh is that so. Then why are you taking so many courses in Biology and Chemistry while studying English Literature?"

In a little voice, I answered. "Because more than anything else, I want to become a doctor."

The Lady got up and took me by the hand. "You can't do that here. Would you like to come with me?" I nodded and we walked from the garden together.

I haven't actually seen her since then, but she's always been with me, urging me on to keep leaving the house. We've kept it a secret, along with the classes. It's not that hard--I have a little allowance and my test scores have always been good enough to secure scholarships. So now I'm sort of going for a masters in English Poetry and going through a Med program at the same time. It's great! I even go to a real, in-person class at a local college! With other people. I'm trying to talk to people more and I even, sort of, maybe have friends now. I think I'm happy for the first time. Of course, the Lady says that soon the forces of good and evil will come to a final, climactic clash and I'll be needed to help protect the good and innocent people of this world--which makes me worried that I might actually be a bit crazy. Having a the ghost of a tragic heroine from the 11th century as my life coach was great until the apocalyptic prophecies started.

Sentai Kishiranger Factsheet posted:

Aiya Goto/"The Lady"
Character Concept: Girl trying to escape her gilded cage.
Aspect: The Pillar (really flexible on aspected stuff)
Virtue: You’re reliable, and a source of strength to those around you.
Fault: You tend to focus on the things in front of you a little too much, and try too hard to avoid repeating past mistakes.
Keys: Goal: Become a Doctor
I Won’t Let You Down: If you’ve made a promise to someone, you can spend Karma points as Hero Dice for any action related to keeping that promise.

ATK: 2
ATH: 1
BRN: 4

INT: 6
RES: 8
STM: 27

Heroic Flaw: Health Problem: Aiya suffers from Conveniently Photogenic Congenital Heart Disease (CPCHD). She's been told by her parents that any great shock or excitement might cause irreparable damage to her heart. She really does have a serious heart condition, it's just not as bad as her parents have led her to believe.

Personal Edges
Perk: Wealth
Special Attack: Weapon: Thread
Knack: Secret Med Student

My favorite color is green and my least favorite is pink. When I see green I remember our garden. The garden was, until the Lady came, the only taste of "outside" that I ever got, even though it was just a greenhouse. I was closer to freedom in those few hours than any other time. I could breathe fresh air and hear birds and see bugs. Inside...everything's sterilized and pink and tidy. I hate pink. It reminds me of my room.

Leave home, permanently. These little escapes are just...fantasy, I know that, until I actually get out there on my own and live my life. Beyond that, I want to become a doctor. Right now, the only reason I'm taking online courses is because a college degree is the "proper" thing (English Literature, by the way). It's not that I don't like English literature--I love Tennyson, obviously--but becoming a doctor is my dream. A dream that my family would never allow me to pursue, so they can "protect me".

Not exactly claustrophobia but being trapped. Sometimes I have trouble making myself go home after I sneak out. The only thing that keeps me from having a total, 24/7 panic attack at home as opposed to the normal general tension is the thought that eventually, I'll be able to escape for a time--then forever.

Since the Lady started talking to me, I've gotten first aid and CPR training, but I hadn't expected to use it any time soon. My parents expect me to disappear into the garden on Saturdays so I tend to take some classes on the weekend. I like it. A lot of the other students are older, working people. Friendly, joking in a quiet polite way like they can't believe they're back in school. When we were leaving after a lab, one of my older classmates, Mr. Takeda, had a heart attack. They almost had to take me away in the ambulance too--CPR is intense. He was back on campus taking science classes for fun again the next semester--except now he waves to me and buys me lunch in the cafeteria every so often. He's a really nice old man.

I feel like...like keeping my double life a secret from my parents is unheroic. I'm lying to them every day when they only want to protect me. Even though it's my choice to go out, I'm still risking my life.

You've probably heard the song or the poem? Really? It's quite a famous story. My parents locked me in a tower because of a vague curse so I sat alone weaving in my tower for as long as I can remember until the most handsome man I had ever seen comes tirra-lirra-ing up the hill. I mean, he was the only man I'd ever seen who wasn't my father, but with a man like Lancelot, you can tell. He had these coal-black curls that mother used to tell me were all the rage in the court back then. So of course, I shout to him, try to get his attention, but he's singing to himself to loudly, or too far away. So of course, I gather up my weavings, tie them up into a rope, and make my way down the tower. So of course, the rope breaks and I hit my head. But I'm fine, if a little woozy. I see that Lancelot is riding away and he's already pretty far--but there's a boat! So of course, I get in it and start rowing. The current is with me, so I start catching up with Lancelot. So of course, I stand up in the boat to shout to him again, maybe see if he'll wear one of my weavings to his next tourney, but I'm maybe a little more woozy than I thought. I fall, crack my head open, and my poor lifeless body floats all the way down to many-towered Camelot for the whole court to gawk at and only then does Lancelot finally see me. Of course.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 19, 2017

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Tomoe Musashi

When your name is Tomoe Musashi, you kind of have a lot to live up to.

I'm okay with that. I want to be a hero! I have since I was little. My dad used to read me stories about knights in shining armor, and of course there were the stories about the people I'm named after. I wanted to be like that. To rescue people in need, fight villains, to be brave in the face of danger. I even took kendo and fencing lessons! But... it didn't seem like there was a lot of need for knights in shining armor any more.

Well - maybe not the kind with like, actual armor and swords. But I could still help people! So I started a club to do just that! The Round Table club. A couple of my friends even joined! We help out around town any way we can. I think my friends joined just so we could play around together. I guess it's good for them to hold me back when I get too hyped up. I mean, we are helping people in need, but it's not like we're fighting dragons or evil knights anything like that.

Still... it would be cool if something like that really happened...

Be careful what you wish for, young lady. You might be sorry to get it. I certainly was.

Guinevere, the Black Knight

quote:

Tomoe Musashi/Guinevere the Black Knight
Character Concept: Courageous Student
Aspect: Red (Noble Hero)
Virtue: You’re self-assured and seldom hesitate.
Fault: You have a way of letting your emotions cloud your judgment.
Keys: Belief (Always help those in need)
Righteous Fury: When there’s a wrong to the righted, you can spend Karma points as though they were Hero Dice.

DEF: 2
ATH: 4
BRN: 2
SPT: 3

INT: 9
RES: 12
STM: 30

Heroic Flaw: Tomoe is hot headed and stubborn; she refuses to give up and always tries to save everyone no matter what.

Personal Edges
Basic Attack: Swordfighter
Hard to Kill
Knack: Making a dramatic entrance when someone needs help

Purple. There's something noble about it. And... it's pretty too, but not as soft as pink. I don't mind pink, it's just not for me. I like that it's noble, pretty, and strong.

I don't like green very much. I mean grass green is okay, but it's kind of just there. Other greens look sick, or rotten.

Violets always were my favorite flower.

Short term, I want to win the next kendo tournament, and I want to find someone who needs my help. Long term... well it was figuring out how to be a hero when knights aren't a thing anymore. But maybe I don't have to that anymore!

I wouldn't dismiss it so soon - we had plenty of trouble with figuring out who the heroes were when knights were a 'thing.'

I'm not a big fan of dark, enclosed spaces. Like being underground. I guess I'm a little claustrophobic.

I'm always heroic!

Well... I always try to be heroic. And I'm pretty good at helping people out and being brave. But I sometimes jump in without really looking first, and make a mess of things. It's just hard to hold back when it seems like someone needs you.

The girl has a temper too. But it only really comes forward when someone hurts someone defenseless. If you do that, don't expect any mercy or honorable treatment. Reminds me of Arthur - which means it's going to be trouble.

My name is Guinevere. You've probably heard of me - but your version gets it all wrong. I wasn't just some pampered queen. I was a knight in my own right, and sat at the Round Table, at the left hand of the king.

To be a knight had always been my dream. It wasn't nearly as much a boy's club as your stories make it out to be, but female knights weren't exactly thick on the ground. Until Arthur, no lord would take my sworn allegiance. Even he wouldn't have - until I defeated him in a duel. To his credit, I will admit he underestimated me more because I was a black knight than because I was a woman. He couldn't imagine a knight unable to win a place could have much skill. He always was too trusting, too idealistic.

Which is why I left my banner black, even when I was at his side. Someone needed to keep a level head on her shoulders, needed to make the hard choices Arthur was too noble to make. And it certainly wasn't going to be that arrogant glory-hound Lancelot. That's another part your stories get wrong - what was between the three of us. But I'll let you figure it out. That should be good for a laugh.

Now it seems like we're back to play out this farce once more, and again I'm stuck trying to keep a bright eyed idealist from getting themselves killed. I guess nothing ever really changes, does it?

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 25, 2017

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Tankyuu Sentai Kishiranger OST - Consume?!? Recollect!
Dr. Janine Quist, PHD and host to

Tankyuu Sentai Kishiranger OST - Feral Zealot
The Questing Beast

quote:

Character Concept: Bestial Epicurian

Aspect: Wild Card

Virtue: You have a knack for looking at a situation in a different way and finding solutions that others might miss.

Fault: Your strong focus and unconventional ways sometimes lead you astray

Keys: Speciality(Memory and The Brain)

RELEASE THE BEAST: You can spend 4 Karma to get a –1 Target modifier for one fight scene, but only if you’re fighting by yourself.

Personal Edges:
Profession (Doctor)
Special Senses (Enhanced Senses)
Always Transformed

Attack: 5
Defense: 2
Athletics: 1
Brains:5
Spirit: 2

Initiative: 10
Resistance: 8
Stamina: 27

Dr. Quist, at your service! I'm a Gemini, blood type B, my lucky number is 5, and....oh. My apologies, you're interested in a professional capacity. Dr. Quist, PHD in Neuropsychology. I'm currently engaged in independent research on human memory and sense relationships. Are you familiar with Proust? He discussed involuntary recollection caused by sense experience in his magnum opus. But that's only half of it. I believe all memory exists only in the frame of the senses. We only remember things in relation to how they made us feel! It's not excitingly heretical but heterodox enough to keep me in the fringes of my field. Very frustrating. Especially as I'm nearing a major breakthrough.

I've begun to remember another person's memories. And I don't think they were human. It's too exciting to be frightening, but I find myself craving strange things. New experiences that link to memories I could not have had. The taste of raw and bleeding meat, the feel of dark and cold waters. The sound of screams. The scent of man's sin. Things I don't know how to experience but I know some new part of me demands to. There's a beast inside of me now.

I quite enjoy the company.

WE EXPERIENCE THE WORLD TOGETHER NOW. THIS WOMAN WOULD CAST HER SELF AWAY TO SEE THE WORLD AS I DID IN FLESH. THIS IS A BETTER WAY

quote:

Tch, tch, tch. That's a really hard question and no one ever appreciates how hard it is. Oh, I like red! Blue's the best! Exclusionary. Narrow minded. Never lock yourself in to a favorite anything because you will change your mind about it. That's just facts.

For now, orange. Orange is at the time of this question a color of preference.

What I hate? Oh, that's an easy question. And a far more permanent state as well. Pink is terrible both aesthetically and culturally. Death to it.

Long term? Taste everything the world has to offer! Or as much of it I can before I die because I'll never have all of it. I wouldn't want it, if I could have it all. But as much as I can grasp and consume and see and feel. Short term is trying to get a grant to continue my memory research. At this rate I may have to go to private sector sources. Nostalgia already sells and more effective nostalgia will logically sell better, right? That's the pitch I'm working on anyway. It's not looking promising.

When I was working on my doctorate I studied memory formation in the absence of sense stimuli, and part of the process involved isolation tank use. To oversimplify, we would present the subjects with a number series and see how sensory deprivation would impact recollection of the series. I also had a session in the tank. In Europe they claim it has therapeutic value, and I am loathe to avoid new experiences. I could not last more than ten minutes. I may have wept. I am not proud, but honest.

It is my research that is heroic, if you have to use that term. How we form memory and how the senses create and recall it to us. I've cured nothing (yet), but there are men and women who live better lives then they would not even five years ago. Age frightens some just a little less. Recovery from trauma is just a tick faster. Gradual heroism, I suppose.

Least heroic? Well....Do you know how one prepares an ortolan for consumption? It's a kind of bird. And relevant to my research in a way. The bird is deprived of its sense of time by living in a covered cage. Artificial and eternal night. Deprived of this sense, it is also deprived of its memory of satiation. A caged ortolan will consume mindlessly until it doubles in size!

Then the chef drowns them in a cask of Armagnac brandy until quite marinated.

The corpse is then roasted, plucked, and served. An ortolan is devoured whole, feet first. Bones and all. The tiny cuts in the mouth supposedly enhance the experience. Of course, the preparation and consumption of an ortolan is very illegal, with fines ranging to the thousands of euro. Not to mention being a moral quagmire at the best of times.

I ate three once. In Cyprus. They were delicious.

I AM THE SCOURGE OF CHIVALRY, THE BLACK BEAST QUESTING, MORGANA'S VENGEANCE. DRAWN FROM THAT DARK OTHER WORLD TO SHOW THE ROT IN THE BLOOM OF KNIGHTHOOD. CAMELOT MAY YET HAVE STOOD, IN THAT FINAL BATTLE, HAD THE FOREIGN ALLIES OF ARTHUR ARRIVED IN TIME. BUT PELLINORE'S COHORT FOUND AT THEIR FINAL FORD THEIR WAY BARRED. ONE BY ONE THEY FELL TO ME, WHOSE NAILS ARE SWORDS, WHOSE MOUTH IS A PHALANX OF SPEARS, WHOSE HIDE IS LIKE UNTO IRON AND WHOSE BREATH IS THE EXHALATION OF DEATH ITSELF. PELLINORE WHO SLEW THE KING LOT IN THE COWARD'S FASHION, PALAMEDES WHOSE JEALOUSY BORE BITTER FRUIT, KING URIEN WITH DESIRE UNENDING. I WAS THE WAGES OF THEIR SIN. BUT THEN CAME THE LIGHT. I WAS MADE TO UNDERSTAND THE NOBILITY OF THOSE I HAD SLAIN. I WAS CONVERTED TO THE SIDE OF THE LIGHT BY THE GRACE OF THE GRAIL. I COULD NOT CONTINUE. I DEVOURED MY OWN SINFUL FLESH AND DIED IN MY OWN JAWS. BUT I HAVE RETURNED. CAN ONE TRULY REPENT FOR THE SINS OF THE PAST?

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 2, 2017

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
:siren:LORE!:siren:

Get ready for Q&A with Merlin!

*Loud throat clearing*

Yes, quite right. I'm sure that I could answer any questions you might --

Merlin, what's Fate?

My word! 'Tis such a difficult question to ask first. Fate is a complicated power, you see. It connects us, pushes us together and pulls us apart. To manipulate Fate is, in a sense, the truest aim of magic.
Magic can be used to alter one's own fate, or the fate of others. Such is the difference between magic known as 'the dark arts,' practiced so long ago that none even know its true origin, and the magic used today.
Fate is, inherently, not a power of good or evil, of desire or restraint. It is a power that is a constant, one that is changed by the words and actions of all life.

What was Britannia like, way back when?

Ah, Britannia. 'Twas a complex place, much like the world appears to be now. But, in some ways, it was also simpler.

It was all we knew, explored, at the time. Surely there were other places, beyond the great Seas, but the ships that left most often never returned.

For ages past and the age that it existed, Britannia was divided into great kingdom-states, nations ruled by those with the blood of the old conquerors.
The Pendragons, said to be descended from the Dragons themselves, ruled Camelot. A staunchly traditional kingdom-state, but one that served as a beacon for those who could brave the Southern Hills, and reach the peninsula.
Then there were the Grenfells, said to be descended from the blood of Elves, who ruled the isle of Avalon. Their forests were deep, and their wisdom and stores of knowledge moreso.

In between these great powers of the North and South, there were other fiefdoms, other states, each with their own desire to rule all Britannia.

But what was it like? Such a difficult question. There were kings and queens, who elected those of noble houses or who proved themselves worthy to be knights, granting them small portions of territory in exchange for protection and other services.
There were the great Quests, the journeys that knights and their squires took to find the great treasures of the world.
But through it all, I believe it was a place full of dreams, of hope, of wishes for the future. It was a place I shall miss dearly, I'm afraid.

What happened after Arthur went to the Grail!?!

Ah, that's the real question, isn't it? A light engulfed all that was, the light of Fate, of the most powerful magic ever witnessed by man.
Afterwards, is where our story begins anew. The story of Arthur and his knights, of Morgana and her loyal subjects, and the fate of the world...

That's not a real answer! Stop being so --

You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?

Don't you wink at me, you coy geezer!

--

Britannia isn't the only one getting lore. It's Supplemental Question Time!

quote:

For Mr./Mrs. 2017:

Name someone precious to you, someone you just can't stand, a place you always go back to, and a place that someone would be surprised to see you at.

For Mr./Mrs. 1000 years ago:

The same as the above, but for your time in Camelot/Britannia.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 22, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

PurplieNurplie posted:

For Mr./Mrs. 2017:

Name someone precious to you, someone you just can't stand, a place you always go back to, and a place that someone would be surprised to see you at.

My sister, Asuka, is precious to me. She's not nearly as good at martial arts as I am, so I have to watch out for her. Our parents aren't around any more, so...I'm kind of like her dad now, I guess? She's twelve now.

As for someone I can't stand...there's this jerk in my history lecture who knows everything. And boy, doesn't everyone else get to know it. I guess it's more my fault because I...don't know all that much, but whenever I listen to her explain stuff I always feel really stupid. It's the worst.

My place? That's easy. Home. My dojo. There's nowhere else for me! In the dojo, I'm the master. I teach other people how to defend themselves, how to stand up for justice, and how amazing at fighting I can be. Plus, it's been the family home for generations. I still try to keep it all looking real nice, but it's not always easy.

Somewhere people would be surprised about? Uh...people always look really weirded out when I pick my sister up from school. I mean, yeah, I'm a college student and she's twelve and goes to a girl's middle school but she's my sister. I don't see the problem. And it'd be dangerous to let her walk alone.

quote:

Someone precious? Well, my mother Morgause was never really...popular in the courts, you could say. Nor Aunt Morgana. Even Lance didn't trust them! And Lance and me, we were as close as brothers. But...she was my mother, and mother to my actual brothers and sisters. I would have died for her. I still don't understand why Aunt Morgana turned against us - she and mother were close as could be, and once...well. This is how things are now. But still - for all that I know my mother was a schemer, she was my mother. First and foremost.

As for who I couldn't stand...well, I didn't hate her, you understand. Guinevere and I were rivals. She gave me the name of Maiden's Knight and all. I respected her, in the early days. But we were never friends. We could never have been friends. At first, I just wanted to show her I was the best. She kept challenging me, and I her. But the anger grew...I saw what happened, in the final days. And I won't lie - I was the one who took up the call against her. Lance and Arthur would never have had their falling out if it wasn't for what you did, Gwen. And I can't forgive that, however you justify it.

Now, my place? My place was Orkney. Orkney, they'll tell you, the land of the Traitor King and his witch-wife. Mother never did get a good reputation...and father, well. King Lot was a traitor, I admit it. But he wasn't a bad father. Just wrong. That is where I was born, and it is where the sun never sets upon me. Orkney Isle, home of the prettiest maids and bravest warriors in Britannia! And the witches, of course. Funny thing about witches - they aren't all evil. Just some.

Where would I never go? You would never find Gawain the Green Knight in the churches of Camelot. I was blessed by the sun - my mother raised me in the old ways, and I stand with them still. Keep your priests and your grails and your God, Lance. I love you like a brother, but you walk where I cannot go. Mine are the bards and the fae and the gods under hill.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I'm going to make an amazing knight!

That's completely impractical! Where's the head protection? And your what about your legs?

I will look cute and awesome and fierce! Our enemies will tremble before me!

Grumble grumble grumble...

quote:

For Mr./Mrs. 2017:

Someone precious to me... Well, that's obvious enough: my best friend Minami Tsuda! She's a studious and quiet girl, but we've been friends since childhood. Our moms were friends, and that led to us spending a lot of time together. Sometimes I think she gets lonely, so I make it a point to spend a lot of time around. Sometimes she acts irritated, but I know she'd go crazy if I wasn't there. She just has trouble expressing herself sometimes, but that's okay. When you've known one another as long as we have, sometimes you don't have to say things out loud.

Someone I can't stand? Again, easy: Junko Ōkubo. She is mean. There's no getting around it. We were stuck next to one another every year in every class, always paired up for activities, always partnered for sports, we even ended up together at the folk dance because there weren't enough boys. I'd say I know her pretty darn well. And She. Is. Not. Nice. I've tried my absolute best to be friendly and charming and pleasant and interesting, but she's a stone wall that's either off in the clouds, or a glaring python that's just waiting to make you feel tiny and insignificant. I don't know what her problem is, or why she doesn't like me, but, yeesh! You can only try for so many years, you know?

Some place I always go back to? There's a little park with a small artificial lake near my house, about a twenty minute walk, that I've been going to since I was a kid. No, I don't sit on the swings and think about sad stuff or anything like that. But it's a real quiet and peaceful place, even when there are a lot of kids roughhousing on the playground. What's really nice is in the summer, you can rent a rowboat, row out to the middle of the lake, and lie back and look at the clouds. The gentle rocking, the sky above you, the sound and smell of the water... It's like you aren't in the city anymore, like you're in a private and special place all of your own. Oh my gosh, that's so embarrassing, why am I telling you this?

Somewhere people would be surprised to see me at? Well, I bet you wouldn't expect to see an energetic and fun loving girl like myself in the literature section of the local book store, would you? Yeah, I read. I love the classics, and no, not just comic adaptations of them. I might not pull the best grades, and I stink in math and science usually goes over my head, but I've got a whole bookshelf full of stuff that would make college students blush. I might need to consult a dictionary occasionally, but learning new words is part of the fun, right? And if things go well, maybe I could be a writer myself!

quote:

Someone precious and special? Lady Britomart Bors was a companion right and true, a knight of strength and prowess that none could match in skill or virtue. None could best her in arms, nor provoke from her an undeserved unkind word. There were no one more worthy for the quest for the Grail, and by contrast, I was naught but a poor beggar.

An enemy? The Blatant Beast. A creature of lies and deception, it lurks in dark corners, whispering falsehoods and planting images of paranoia in the minds of the innocent. The child of Envy and Detraction, it is no less fierce in arms than it is in spirit, and the wounds it inflicts are deep indeed, and heal but slowly. The Devourer of Trust is the harbinger of downfall, and recognizing its multifarious forms was something that, alas, none of us did until it was far too late.

Somewhere I return to? The Castle Anthrax. The ladies there are a goodly sort, who understand the pressures of knighthood, and provide refuge for weary travelers on dark and lonely nights. It's location was never fixed, and it always seemed to be over the next hill when things seemed the most dire, and the snow or rain threatened to insure that we would not see the next sunrise. Clearly a holy place, blessed by God, that should be forever enshrined as a blessed site.

Somewhere surprising? In the company of Guinevere. I'm sure you'd think there would be bad blood between us, given what occurred with my father, my mother, and her, but... That's hardly her fault, is it? My father was... who he was, as was my mother, and my conception was not dissimilar to that of our King's. You'd think we'd be at one another's throats, but I rather enjoy Gwen's company. She is smart and witty and clever, reliable in a fight, and an excellent horsewoman besides. An excellent companion to have at one's side. I'm not so ignoble as to be unable to put aside such... historical... things as to be unable to recognize nobility when it is present, and accord it its due respect.

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 24, 2017

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

quote:

I have a lot of precious people! My parents, my friends, all the people I protect. But really my little sister Iori is the most important person to me. She's a few years younger and a lot smaller than me, but she's very smart! We get along pretty good I think.

If there's anyone I can't stand it's our student council representative. She's so cynical about everything! She doesn't appreciate the Round Table Club at all, and she's always on my case about school regulations. I wouldn't have a problem with them if they didn't get in the way of helping people!

Speaking of the club, we have the best room in the old club building. It's on the third floor, and it gets a nice breeze and plenty of light. It's a little cramped, but we make it work! It helps that we don't need a lot of stuff, I guess. Otherwise, I'm in gym for practicing kendo and fencing a lot.

I guess people are surprised that I go to the library? I don't get why! I love finding new stories about heroes and knights and things like that. Maybe I'm not great at school work, but I still like reading!

quote:

There's a lot of history between Arthur and I but he's still precious to me. He wouldn't make me as angry if he didn't.

I never got along with Lancelot, and that goes double now. The 'perfect' knight. That show-off glory-hound always caused trouble for everyone else, starting fights for no reason and then acting like he's the honorable one when he refused to dirty his hands to finish them. And that was before the mess he caused in the end.

In the old days, Isca Augusta was my place. Oh I went wherever Arthur's court did, and attended at Camelot. But the old Roman fortress was given over to me, and I made it my own. It suited me. The Romans were a hard, practical people. They understood power and necessity. And like them, their buildings were straightforward, unpretentious. They were what they were, and made no attempt to hide it. It was a good place to train, and a good place to defend.

Everyone else always seemed surprise when I attended at Castle Anthrax. I am a knight, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate the company of other women at times as well. Though Lady Bors never cared for the place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

quote:

The most precious person in my life would be my best friend Nina Gonzales. You probably know her as the illustrator of the Hieronymus Parker novels. I know her as my undergrad roommate. The stereotypical art major, she's a laid-back free spirit and almost my complete opposite.

I simply cannot stand the head of the Literature department, Oscar Clyde. I swear the man has it in for me with his constant unreasonable demands and stubborn attitude. He's probably sour that I almost took his job.

You'll usually find me at the Ink and Barrel, a small, locally-owned cafe which is where I do most of the work on my novel. It's got a lovely ambiance which simply....inspires me.

This may be unbefitting of an academic, but I often like to go to the speedway the other town over to take in some races. My father was a big NASCAR fan, and I suppose those Sundays watching Daytona rubbed off on me. It's....nostalgic.

quote:

The most precious to me aside from my King is my fellow knight Sir Kay. We were two of the earliest people to join the Round Table, and we have been eternal friends. Though he may have a boorish demeanor and sharp tongue, he is a loyal knight and a faithful friend.

I have never been fond of that wizard Merlin. Much too mysterious for my liking. A man should be honest in his intentions.

My heart will always belong seated at Arthur's table alongside my beloved comrades. The Round Table is my true home, now and forever.

One might think that after Arthur left my life and I abandoned the knighthood that I would avoid reminders of that life. However, I would often return to the lake where I cast Excalibur. To think, you see.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 29, 2017

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Nowhere near done but just wanted to actually post something instead of fretting.

People deserve safety, to grow into who they are, that is what school is supposed to be right?

quote:

Junko Mori
Character Concept: A girl, caught up in the weight of Legacy
Aspect: -
Virtue: -
Fault: -
Keys: Goal: Become a Doctor
I Won’t Let You Down: If you’ve made a promise to someone, you can spend Karma points as Hero Dice for any action related to keeping that promise.

DEF: 1
BRN: 3

INT: 7
RES: 6
STM: 24

Heroic Flaw: Obsession: Seeming Perfect: Junko has a life ahead of her, she needs to be the perfect student, the perfect daughter no matter what

Personal Edges
-
-
-

Someone has to keep order around the school, keeping the various clubs in order and not stepping on each other's toes, organising the various events and handling the “Soft” enforcement of rules. Honestly most of the work is paperwork, handling the budgets and scheduling. Whole some more fanciful students like to imagine the student council as a law unto itself and ruling with an iron fist, the truth is that Junko is more of a clerk who spends her days doing paperwork and keeping order.

quote:

... As you can see by my student record I am a very dedicated student, willing to put in the hours necessary to excel at all my subjects. As for my hobbies: time in the student council has allowed me to help people while developing my social and clerical skills, contributing to the lives of other students in the best way I can. That is why I think studying studying history at This is why i think that preparing myself for my future career with a buis This is why I wish to study art This is why I would
Attempt 10 at a college application

A Knight with No banner, casting everything aside in penance for an ancient Sin.

Blue, we used to visit the ocean when I was young and staring out to the horizon of endless blue was… calming.

That we agree on, he did always like blue

Red is, frustrating… someone managed to tar a whole class red and we had to spend a weekend cleaning it up.

For now I just want to have a peaceful end to the term. Long term i'd like to... bah it's kind of silly anyway.

The Dark, living in the city and late nights there’s always something, someone out there. The silence and quiet blackness of it all, the loneliness… it’s suffocating.

The constant restraint I manage when it comes to people breaking school property, the time I slipped and ended up hurting someone.

They were threatening students

That doesn't mean it's right.

I fought for the Dream.

We fought for justice, for a world without war, we did what we could…

I did...

I’m sorry I failed….

He's just as cryptic with me, maybe this is just a hallucination and I can't fill in the blanks?

I love My dad, ever since my mother passed I know he's been trying his best to raise me after my Mom died. It's why I make sure to not get into trouble and keep the home perfect for him. He might be away on business a lot but I know he loves me.

Samantha Doyle is... frustrating, she uses her position on the council to act like a minor Celebrity, handing out gifts and handouts like some form of personal charity. She messes up timetables just to get in someone's good books or spite someone else, it's the worst.

Monument park in town I like to go to clear my head, it's near where Mom's resting and it's just a nice quiet place where I can collect my thoughts (plus it does have wifi from a cafe nearby). Sometimes people are waking their pets or just relaxing there too, but there's something perfect about it.

Sometimes I like to go down to the Playgold arcade, the Dance machines there are a nice way to relax after a long day, just losing myself to the music and letting go for a while. I make sure know one knows it's me though, I mean I probably should be studying more right?

N.B. The mystery of who the Knight actually is is something i'd rather leave open for now, both to make it easier for other people to app and it's more fun to figure it out.

N.B. 2 It was very hard not to use a picture of Artorias for the knight, I want my restraint to count for something

N.B. 3 You are a pretty cool person whoever's reading this

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 23, 2017

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Ray Batista

Inheritor to the spirit of Sir Morien

"Someone's gotta do it."

Ray Batista is a recent immigrant to Japan, relocating with his mother after his father, an army officer, was killed on deployment in the Middle East. Ray's had a rough go of it trying to fit in. While he was always used to moving around and changing schools, it's been harder to adjust this time. Everything around him is completely different to where he's used to, he has some trouble with the language, his old social avenues of sports aren't available to him here thanks to his grades, and everyone around him judging him by his looks and reputation as a delinquent. Not that he is one, but he has an unfortunate tendency to get involved in fights. His canonization of his father and subsequent turning of his lessons and sayings into dogma and axioms lead him to involve himself into others' problems trying to solve them, or he'll refuse to back down when other kids look to pick a fight. However, now that a spirit calling himself Sir Morien has taken up residence in his head and saying that there are others out there like him, all with a common destiny to fight an ancient evil, Ray's started trying to find them, eager to both find some place he belongs, and follow in his father's footsteps and fight to protect the defenseless masses.

quote:

Concept: A Stranger In A Strange Land
Aspect: Dutiful Hero
Virtue: You have the drive to accomplish your mission at any cost, letting nothing stand in your way.
Fault: You too readily stand alone, and take on too much by yourself.
Keys: Cause: To defend the people from what they can't defend against themselves
Never Give Up: You can use Karma points as Hero Dice for the purpose of restoring Stamina.
Heroic Flaw: Desperate for a feeling of belonging.
Personal Edges:
Knack: Brawling
Special Defense: Defensive Technique

ATK: 5
ATH: 4
SPI: 2

INIT: 6
RES: 9
STA: 39

quote:

Favorite? Easy, light, electric blue. It's got energy to it but remains cool. Least favorite? Cream. All the blank soullessness of white and all the bland of beige.

Morien says his favorite was, sorry, is the...and I quote, “deep, rich viridian of a fairy circle in a country field, when summer's midday sun gives way to autumn's eve.” Yeah, he's wordy.

Short term? Actually pass the eleventh gra- excuse me, second year of high school, which is a lot harder than it sounds because loving everything's in Japanese. I mean, I can read it and speak it, just...not well. Not going to be a problem for very long though, because that long term goal? Move back to the states as soon as I hit 18 and Mom can't do anything about it. At least things made sense back home. At least I could do stuff back home. If you'd asked me, like, a year ago, I'd have said join the army like Dad, but...yeah, not happening anymore. Past me was an idiot.

But...if there are others like me out there like Morien says there are...and that “unfathomable evil, the dread witch” is real too...I might end up sticking around for a while.

I'm uh...not great with dogs. I don't freak out just by being around one or anything, but I prefer to keep my distance.

Right now Morien's fronting pretty hard and just insisting that the greatest fear he ever knew was the possibility of failing the land that birthed him and leaving it unguarded from Morgana's vile magics. He was probably just some big wuss who ran out of the room whenever he saw a spider or something.

Most heroic is also probably my coolest moment here in Japan. So, my school's got an attached middle school (even though the last year for that should be high school freshmen). And sometimes on my walk to and from the station, I'd hear a couple of the kids from the middle school talk, and one of them kept having trouble with some older kids from a different high school. So after some more listening and a little digging, I found where those kids would hang out and met them there. I gave 'em some line about picking fights with kids who can actually stand up for themselves and that kids from my school were off limits. I think I messed up my Japanese a bit, because they started laughing until I started punching. 2 on 1 and I totally kicked their asses. Although, I guess I kinda got mine kicked a little too...but, I won and that's what matters. Never heard the middle schooler complain about them again.

Least heroic? Well, there was this one guy on the train who decided to cop a feel off a girl that was next to me, so I decided to teach him what his parents should have...and I kinda punched the wrong guy in the face. It's ok though, I still punched the right guy too, and bought the first guy a drink from the vending machine at the station to make it up to him. He was still kinda pissed, but nothing wound up coming of it, so...all's well that ends well?

...Yeah, he's still fronting pretty hard. “Too great were my noble deeds in number to recount.” What a tool. Oh. He actually has something to say about that second half of the question.

While I do not feel this way, there may be those among the Returned who would immediately cite an action of mine as answer to this question. When I departed Camelot, I did so in its hour of greatest need. But the protection of Britannia was neither my sole obligation nor even the strongest. And having seen the writing upon the wall, I realized that Camelot's defense was a lost cause, and my efforts were better served protecting my first and true home. There were those who called me craven, but then and now still, I do not regret my choices.

Sir Morien of Toledo, Knight of the Two Shields, and son of Sir Aglovale, at your service. Although I was not born a child of Britannia, during my time there I came to care a great deal about the land and its people, and even served alongside my father as a Knight of the Round Table. My goal in coming to Brittania, originally, was to find my father and implore him to return to Toledo and my mother, who he had left unwed many years before. However, so impressed was I with Lancelot (Had I but only known!) and the other Knights of the Round that I encountered upon my journey that I beseeched my lord Hisham the Second to permit me stay in Arthur's court as the Caliphate's envoy.

Ultimately, however, as the years passed,I grew disillusioned with the court and its dramas, especially in the face of Morgana's growing threat, and began to ponder more and more whether or not I might accomplish more good returning home to serve its fair people. But so enamored was I with the idea and romanticism of the Round Table that I naively believed that it could be salvaged, that the wrongs of its most central members could be righted. For my folly, I saw the people of Britannia ignored by their protectors, the Round broken, and too many of my brothers in arms slain. Denouncing the court, I made to return to Toledo and warn them of the dangers Morgana and her forces presented, and it was holding those same forces back to give my squire safe flight from Britannia's shores that I was claimed by the Grail's energies, dead, or so I thought.

Now I find myself once more among the living, if only insubstantially, and curious as to how many more of the Round were granted this rebirth.

quote:

For Mr./Mrs. 2017:

Name someone precious to you

Look, I'm not going to do what everyone else does and just rattle off some family member or best friend (not that I really have any of those). It's boring and doesn't actually tell you anything. So, while "precious" here is going to be something of a stretch, I really do appreciate my class's English teacher, Ms. Plumbrook. And when I say English, I mean English, not Language Arts. I shouldn't even need to take the class, really, but I'll take the free boost to my GPA. Anyways, she's from the States too, she got contracted by the, uh, JET. Don't ask me what it stands for, but basically its the government hiring people from the US to come teach English to kids over in Japan. And let me tell you, it is nice to be able to have actual conversations where I don't need to stop and think just to be able to make smalltalk. Probably the only reason I haven't gone completely insane here.

someone you just can't stand

That would be my granddad on my mom's side, Shunsen Matsutoya. Dad never seemed like he liked him very much and I always wondered why. Now I know. The old fart's a racist piece of poo poo who hated my dad for "stealing" his daughter, hates me for what I represent, and the fucker's glad Dad died. He all but said so the one time I went with Mom to go visit him and grandma. All those snide not-quite insults. The implications. Just kept "not-talking" poo poo. So I yelled at him to shut the hell up, he took offense and...well, I just stay home whenever Mom goes to visit them now. No, I didn't actually punch him, I'm not gonna punch out some old dude, even if he's a worthless drain on everyone and everything around him that can't stop spouting off his lovely opinions like anyone cares about a drat thing he says. I loving hate him.

a place you always go back to

There's this huge, huge, huge CD store (Yeah, yeah, I know, physical media in this day and age, whatever, going here's something to do and I can actually appreciate the covers instead of squinting at a little square on my phone) not too far from my place, called soundWAVES. And that's the actual name, not translated or anything, it's because they think English sounds cool or whatever. Anyways, they have a huge import selection and almost no one goes over there so I get a nice little corner all to myself while all the other kids just go nuts in the idol section. So I stop by once or twice a week. The managers have even stopped giving me funny looks when I come in, it's great.

and a place that someone would be surprised to see you at.

Pretty sure everyone's surprised to see me every time I show up to school. They sure act like it anyways. Between the fights (that I never actually start, usually) and my grades, they all seem to think I'm gonna be kicked out or left bleeding in a gutter or something.

For Mr./Mrs. 1000 years ago: The same as the above, but for your time in Camelot/Britannia.

The kennel master, Roger of Wickchapel, was a dear friend of mine. Stout of body and heart, he oversaw the care and training of Camelot's hounds. He was a friend to all, no matter their station or origin, so long as they treated his charges with kindness. He was a skilled listener, and his counsel was always sound. Alas, age and poor humors caught up to him shortly before Camelot's fall. While I wish I had been able to ask for his advisement during those times, I am also glad he did not have to see the court he had so faithfully served meet such a wretched end.

There were a number of boors found among the court who did not believe someone of my origin belonged among them, and in an earlier, more innocent time, I would have easily named one of them to answer your question. But after all that transpired, there is no affection or brotherhood left in my heart for Arthur. He was king, with all the responsibilities and duties of one. He did not merely fail, for so long as one's efforts are true, they can be forgiven. He was an active and willing participant in poisoning his court and its destruction from within. Had he not let himself fall to temptations of heart and flesh, history would surely have followed a much different and superior course. But he did, and those under his protection suffered, and those who had sworn their lives to him died for a lost cause.

During my time at Camelot, one could frequently find me if they visited the kennels. Not only was it where I could visit the good Roger of Wickchapel, but I could relax in the company of the hounds when the company of men grew burdensome and tiring. Ever kind, steadfastly loyal, and all are equal in their judgement. Dogs have many qualities I found too often lacking among mankind. I have encouraged young Raymond to attempt to conquer his fear, but have had little success. Which is most unfortunate, as vicariously petting them through his hand is as close as I can get these days.

As for where someone would be surprised to find me...the tiny chapel near the woods to the west of Camelot. It was a place visited by almost none and offered me peace to worship in my own ways as I reconciled the faith of my mother and homeland with the one of my father and all that I saw and encountered upon my travels.

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 2, 2017

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Merlin's Magic Interview Questions posted:

For Ms. 2017:

Someone precious to me is Dora Baker

"A little while after I started leaving the house, I made a maybe-friend, I think. I wasn't ever really allowed to have sweets so obviously one of the first things I think to do with my freedom is do something forbidden, but whitebread forbidden, like have real cake, not real forbidden like unprotected sex and drugs down by the river or wherever that happens I don't know don't ask me. The best bakery near me according to my phone was Bakers' Baked Goods. It's a small, busy place, filled with that sort of sweet smell you get when a thousand thousand different baked goods are baked together. It's no longer just rye bread or just red velvet cakes or just chocolate chip cookies it's just sweet and sort of floral too. I took a number and waited, eyeing all the wonderful treats, trying to decide what to eat. My number came up and I was so excited I was finally going to experience something I'd been denied all my life--it was then that I realize that I had no money. The worst part was that I had the bank card my parents gave me for my allowance, but I couldn't use it. So I cried. I just cried. I was an adult, crying in a bakery. The clerk who took my ticket took me into the staffroom--well, staff nook--to give me a chance to calm down. Her name is Dora Baker, and her parents own Bakers' Baked Goods, and she's about my age--though I'm not sure if she knows that. My condition makes me small and slight, so I look a bit younger than I am. She asked me what was wrong and I just let it all go. Everything. Even about the Lady. After I was done, she gave me a cookie and said 'That's rough.' I wasn't sure if she meant the heart condition, being stuck inside my whole life, or being host to a ghost. Now we try to meet up every day and talk about stuff like how hard it is working in a bakery and gardening and she hooks me up with broken cookies and cakes than fell on the floor but you know a piece from the good half."

Someone I can't stand is Mr. Wood

"So, I told you how my family is kind of, um, well-off, yeah? See, my great-great-grandpa invented that little tab on top of soda cans. So we've got a lot of money and a very fancy house and a fancy house means a fancy service staff. And a fancy staff means...butlers and maids. And that means there must be a head butler and that man is Mr Wood. He's nice enough but he's basically my jailer and sometimes it seems like his courtesy is all just an act. I mean, I've known him all my life but I know nothing about him and he knows everything abotu me. And he's still an employee. My parents pay him to take care of the house and by extension, me. And I for as much as he smiles, I feel like he doesn't like me nearly as much as he says."

A place I always go back to is City College Library
"No big story here--if I'm outside and not hanging with Dora or going to class I'm probably going to the college library. They have so many books. They've got this nice little garden atrium where you can read in on sunny days, too."

People would be surprised to find me Anywhere and Everywhere
"Surprise! I'm supposed to be a sickly shut-in. Well, I mean, I am, but you know what I mean. When I get up the strength, I just sort of wander the city. When I'm feeling really brave and the Lady is there to urge me on, I ride the bus or train around the city to somewhere I've never been and have an adventure. I haven't gotten mugged yet!"

Merlin's Magic Interview Questions posted:

For Ms. 1000 years ago:
Name someone precious to you, someone you just can't stand, a place you always go back to, and a place that someone would be surprised to see you at for when you were in Camelot/Britannia.

Someone precious to me is Lancelot

"Ah...my dear, sweet, Lancelot was precious to me. If only I had had a chance to say so much as a word to him, to get to know him--perhaps fate has afforded me a second chance now, if not to meet my fair knight, but to see that dear Aiya not miss hers before...Ah, sorry. I forget myself. The dead are privy to things that the living cannot know. Time is different for us."

Someone I can't stand is Guinevere
"Someone I couldn't stand...Well, my mother would sometimes feed me gossip through the trapdoor of the tower--and I know what you're thinking, why didn't she leave? The maid they had sit at the base wasn't about to unlock it for me on my say-so. Anyway, gossip going was that Lancelot and the Queen were making eyes at each other. Just by reputation, I'd already started to get a little hot for the knight, I'm sorry to say and I'm even sorrier to say I got a little jealous. Might have said a few unkind words about the Queen just between me, mum, and the door. But I've made peace with it now. Probably."

A place I always go back to is My Happy Place

"You do understand I was locked in a tower all of my natural life, correct? You've listen to the song? Read the poem? My world was the top floor of a tower, with a big window, a mirror, and my weavings. The only travelling I did was in my mind. I'd imagine myself as one of the great ladies of auld, like Helen of Troy, being stolen away for my beauty with a whole war being fought for me and men dying for the sake of my virtue. I would dream that I was proud Boudica, uniting the Britons against foul Roman oppressors. Or wondering that I was cunning Arachne and my weavings were so fine they'd incur they wrath of an ancient god. We'd fight with our looms and even if I wove better she'd say she'd won and turn me into a spider but I wouldn't care because it was what I'd wanted all along. I'd get to weave all day and leave the tower forever. A better curse I dreamt of, than I one I had, far better."

People would be surprised to find me Literally Anywhere

"Were you listening just now? My world was a single room. Sigh...Well, I suppose of all the places I've been the place that people have been most surprised to find me was lying in a boat on the Camelot wharfs. Because I was an unaccompanied corpse. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I had broken up some kind of party. I can take some small solace in know that while it may have been the worst (and sadly best) day of my life--the first person to find my body probably had a bad day too."

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
2 LORE, 2 UPDATE

Now, you might be wondering...why am I sneaking around this bookcase? Furthermore, why am I whispering? It's because today is the most important Quest ever! Okay, ready? 3...2...1...GO!!!

Bah! Gods preserve, Nyneve, what was that for?

Don't you remember, you old fart!?! You teased me last time, the winking and the whole evasive thing. Thought it was time for some payback, sneak-attack style!

Well, next time, try not to give this old man a heart attack, would you?

Sheesh, I thought you would've learned to keep your cool, Merlin, what with all the strange things that have happened.

I suppose. After all, we were engulfed by a mysterious light, and now, here we are, stuck in Camelot's library. It's really quite amazing we survived at all.

By the way, where is everyone else? Y'know, Arthur, his Knights, the whole gang. Shouldn't they be here too?

Just then, the Grail, awaiting nearby on top of a bookshelf, rumbles as a voice emanates from it.

Ugh...Dragons take me, where...how...?

*Gasp* 'tis...'tis Arthur's voice? Nyneve, the Grail --

Arthur, you're not...stuck, in there...are you?

I...what? What do you mean, Nyneve? I am...wait, are we not in Camelot? Where is Morgana?

Arthur, during the Battle for Camelot...you used the Grail, did you not?

I had no idea what would happen, Merlin. You have to understand! Camelot could not --

I understand, my lord. But it seems there's been some...rather major consequences for that decision.

Yeah, we all got separated, we have no idea when or where we are, you big dummy!

Nyneve...that is your voice, but your behavior, you're...not the Lady of the Lake I remember.

Uh huh. Must be a side effect of the Grail's magic getting unsealed or whatever. Is anyone else in there with you?

Not that I can sense, no. Merlin...what happened to the others? The Knights of the Round? They have to be alright, they have to...!

Fear not, my lord. Using what little residual magic I could gather from Camelot itself and the Grail's awakening, I've been able to pinpoint the Knights' location. What's more troubling, however, is where...no, more precisely, who they are.

Merlin, I've got about ten thousand questions right now.

Please, tell us, Merlin. We...I, have to know what happened to them!

It seems that their spirits were freed from the Grail, rather than trapped as you were, my lord. Given that their spirits hold large quantities of magic, they needed to be stored somewhere. Thus, they found...hosts? Would be the best way to put it.

Hosts? You mean like, they jumped into somebody's body? That's gross! And...um, a bit morally questiona--

In doing this, they were able to survive?

In a sense. While they don't have complete control over these hosts, they exist alongside them, for now. Those chosen by Fate to wield their power.

I see. Because if the three of us and my Knights have returned...

Ohhhh, don't say it! I don't ever wanna hear her name again!

We are not the only ones who have awoken from our long slumber. I fear what plans she may have waiting already.

Perhaps she is confused for now, disoriented as we are. If we could find my Knights and their hosts first, we may have a fighting chance.

Oh, oh, I'll go! I'll go! I wanna explore!

Your enthusiasm is welcome as always, Nyneve, but we shall go together. To find these Knights, these hosts of Fate. Arthur, we shall return with them posthaste.

Go then, Merlin, Nyneve. The fate of this new world rests in our hands...

--

Over this weekend, I"d like everyone to submit/finish their apps as best as you can, because it's DEADLINE TIME!

You have until Monday, May 1!

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 29, 2017

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

quote:

Name someone precious to you,

Oh, dear sweet Jimothy. Dumb as a rock and twice as useless. As a research assistant he's completely unhelpful. As a student totally hopeless. But completely, irrepressibly optimistic despite it all. And exceedingly responsible. As a secretary he is without peer. If it wasn't for him I'd be nearly unable to operate on a day to day basis. Not to mention that he's just. Precious. One of God's own idiots. I will protect him from the realities of life as much as I can.

quote:

someone you just can't stand,

I only eat and drink the best more than once. And when it comes to coffee, there's only one person in town who makes the best. This rear end in a top hat. I mean, look at him. The man is wearing a monocle. He knows exactly how good he is too, and it's INSUFFERABLE. But I need that coffee. Best in town is not an easy contest around here, and Mr. Macmahan knows it. He lords over his shop in a way most ahistorical, if the ghost of the mythic hatebeast in my soul is correct. If you break just one tiny little rule you're cut off. Jerk.

quote:

a place you always go back to
If you need to find me, chances are I'm at my office. Calls to make, money to beg for, research to collate. I may not look it but I'm a pretty busy little bee. And I have to keep Jimothy company. He's not got much else going on in his life, bless his heart.

quote:

, and a place that someone would be surprised to see you at.
I've been going to church? Yeah, I'm as surprised as everyone else. Blame the Beast. It's not so bad, really. Never say no to something new and all. It's quiet and it gives me time to think. Overall a good change to my routine.

quote:

I WAS A BEAST WHO STOOD FOR THE SINS OF MAN. THOUGH WE NEVER MET I FELT FONDNESS ONLY FOR PARSIFAL GALAHAD. A CHILD WITHOUT A SINFUL DEED UPON HIS NAME. I KNEW HIM BY THE LACK OF KNOWING HIM.

MY GREATEST DISGUST FOR PELLINORE. A COWARD IN ALL WAYS, HE KILLED KING LOT OF ORKNEY BY MEANS MOST FOUL AND THEN, LEARNING THAT I KNEW HIS SIN, SOUGHT TO HUNT ME DOWN. DID HE THINK MY DEATH TO BE PENANCE OR WAS HIS FEAR OF DISCOVERY SO COMPLETE? I KNOW NOT.

I HAD NO PLACE I CALLED HOME. MY PURPOSE WAS TO WANDER AND TO KNOW. BUT THERE WAS A GLADE, IN OLD BRITANNIA. IT WAS QUIET AND HIDDEN AND I COULD TARRY FOR A TIME UNMOLESTED.

I DARE SAY MANY WERE SURPRISED TO SEE ME IN THE FORD BEFORE CAMELOT, BLOCKING THEM FROM THEIR GOAL. I REPENT THE JOY I FELT AT THE SHOCK AND DISMAY OF THEM.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Well everyone, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is, I'm taking Everybody!

The bad news is, it's going to be a lot of work, so the thread will be up Sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime, let's discuss Team Edges/Group Assets. and Team Keys.

Each of these will, in part, define what kind of team the Kishirangers will become. So what are they?

Group Assets are the stuff the whole team gets. Things like the Giant Robot and whatever the finisher move ends up being. Each of these is a Team Edge that everybody will put on their sheet.

Team Keys are the things that will shape the team's overall goals and responses to given situations.

For Team Edges, everyone's getting a Basic Attack, Special Attack, Vehicle Defender, Group Asset: Finishing Attack, and Group Asset: Robot

What do your attacks look like? What the heck are the vehicles? What's with the robot??? These are questions we'll discuss!

If you have one of these on your sheet already, just take a free Personal Edge!

For Team Keys, My suggestions would be for the team to have Belief: The Knight's Code/Chivalry and Pride.

However, we can also discuss those, if folks have better ideas!

:siren:THERE'S A THREAD, GO POST:siren:

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 2, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I still need to figure out one of my personal Keys, and also how many Individual Assets I'm supposed to/allowed to have.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
That's okay, in the sense that before we get into any dice-rolling we have plenty of time to get the sheets worked out.

Mostly I just wanted to get the thread up so we could start posting and figure things out from there.

I think by Asset you mean Edge? Kind of the same thing, really. If so, then it's between 1 and 3.

PurplieNurplie fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 2, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yes. Edge. Words.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Lemme know if anything is misspelled or messed up. Also need Junko's last name to finish hers.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Those look legit as hell!

• Locked thread