Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hjalmar posted:

She looks like she's ready to tank a high-level dungeon.

That's obviously a mage set.

Hard no. posted:

I enjoy haute couture quite a bit. But there is a fine line, and that is what makes this terrible. First glance, hmm kind of classy, second glance, what?

BEHOLD THE STARMISTRESS

Facebook Aunt posted:

This thread needs more . . . pageantry.

These are all amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

I'll fight anybody who says this isn't goddamn amazing. :canada:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Hard no. posted:

I enjoy haute couture quite a bit. But there is a fine line, and that is what makes this terrible. First glance, hmm kind of classy, second glance, what?

I would wear the gently caress out of this. It's like an adult version of those cheap baton costumes for little girls.

For content, BP's finest:

computer angel has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Apr 18, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

whiteyfats posted:

She's pretty enough to almost pull this off, shockingly.

I wear a lot of strappy maxi-dresses, and if it had a normal midsection to it, I'd totally wear it. I like the colours.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Facebook Aunt posted:

This thread needs more . . . pageantry.

This is an Optimus Crime

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Arcsquad12 posted:

This is an Optimus Crime

She's not just a pretty face. She's more than meets the eye.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I wear a lot of strappy maxi-dresses, and if it had a normal midsection to it, I'd totally wear it. I like the colours.

I mean if your wardrobe is "wwe entrance gear" dude on the left pulls it off best

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

whiteyfats posted:

She's pretty enough to almost pull this off, shockingly.

I just.. it's too busy

I do like the skirt, and am neutral about the print. It's just the whole thing together, especially marketed as a prom dress.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I hate these pants so much.

Hard no. posted:

I literally can't even look at the dress because I'm searching for cooch lines.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I just.. it's too busy

I do like the skirt, and am neutral about the print. It's just the whole thing together, especially marketed as a prom dress.

Oh, it's a prom dress? Then, no. I can hear my mom yelling across time and the ocean.

If JLo wore it, I wouldn't think twice. I do like the skirt, but not the bejeweled carbuncles or the unnecessary midriff windows. Bitch gonna tan so weird.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

So of course I hate the "pom poms as purse accessories" trend

Hate.

you'll pry my purse balls from my cold, dead hands :mad:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

The Snoo posted:

you'll pry my purse balls from my cold, dead hands :mad:

No I won't, I dont want them

My closet looks like I robbed the same three teenage girls once a year, over a period of a decade, as they tried different aesthetics and subcultures. No judgment here, just... Don't the purse balls get dirty? Dirty balls hangin' out in public.

Balls.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The only thing I can think of here is those kids' Halloween costumes where the top just has the name/picture of the character the costume is supposed to be, except for the Virgin Mary.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wow, that white undershirt. I didn't know they made anything so sheer way back then.

Google Uuno Turhapuro.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bonus pic:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Now I gotta get little hangers for my underwear.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Second largest manufacturer of tricot clothing in Finland in 1974 :mmmhmm:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

the ever-popular "collecting disability for an unspecified cluster of personality disorders" look

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Pastry of the Year posted:

the ever-popular "collecting disability for an unspecified cluster of personality disorders" look

Pretty sure she can claim colour blindness too, based on the evidence.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Pretty sure she can claim colour blindness too, based on the evidence.

Overall, I think the bigger problem is the patterns. She's got polka dots on her top, skirt, and socks, and the scale on each is too similar. With that much skirt in that bright a pink, my gut reaction is that a smaller, denser dot pattern would be less jarring. The mismatched shoes and the hat can gently caress right off.

Moving on to menswear:

Failed crossbreeding experiment? Teleporter accident? All I know is that science has gone too far.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I love this but also realize it is a problem.

e: well, the hair and dress. Everything else is a hard no (socks are good, but not with that outfit)

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Apr 18, 2017

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Wait, is it a dress? I thought it was a poorly paired shirt and skirt. It's even worse for me if those patterns are on the same piece.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The ever popular "dying video card" look.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

computer angel posted:

For content, BP's finest:

Scrolling down ... scrolling down ... scroll- holy loving poo poo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Toast Museum posted:

Wait, is it a dress? I thought it was a poorly paired shirt and skirt. It's even worse for me if those patterns are on the same piece.

No, you're right; I took a really quick look at it before. :downs: Yeah, I don't really like that combo so much. I love polka dots, but I would prefer she'd either gotten louder with a contrasting stripe, or more subdued in a plain one.

Toast Museum posted:

Moving on to menswear:

Failed crossbreeding experiment? Teleporter accident? All I know is that science has gone too far.

I worked in a store that sold these for six months. The whole time I worked there, we had a rack full of those hideous fuckers and no one ever touched them. It was like they were contaminated. There was a brief surge of interest around Christmastime because people wanted them for ugly sweater parties, but they were still $34.99 and not eligible for coupons. They ended up bottoming out at about $4.50 and people still thought it was too much. That's how ugly they are. It's like they poison the souls of everyone around them, and no amount of money is ever low enough. This dance. This endless waltz.

I bet they're still there, waiting for another, tinier markdown.

in the dark

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Apr 18, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

No I won't, I dont want them

My closet looks like I robbed the same three teenage girls once a year, over a period of a decade, as they tried different aesthetics and subcultures. No judgment here, just... Don't the purse balls get dirty? Dirty balls hangin' out in public.

Balls.

probably not noticeably dirty but now I wanna clean my bag really good :gonk:

I have a couple of real fur purse balls, and a few faux fur ones. they can be washed by hand and brushed out and dried if needed!

I like taxidermy poo poo and I have a coyote paw I made into a keychain on my keys, like a rabbit's foot kinda thing, and at the moment I have a small raccoon tail on my bag too. I used to have larger tails and some homemade fur balls on different bags. when purse balls became a thing, I was like 'yes finally it's not as weird anymore' (it is weird) (I know)

my fashion choices a few years ago were awkward and awful and I wish I could've told myself to knock it off lmao

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Myrtle Beach Goodwill is giving us Steampunk Aunt realness.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

All I can think of is this:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

this one actually... hmmm again, on that line

He was looking around great grandma's house and thought " AH! Urn! Carpet! Genius!" and to make it extra stylish.. let's make some of it Sheer!

Derek Zoolander Derelict with Asian influence?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This is just cosplay of Trix Yogurt.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I like ruffles. I like dresses. I like sweaters and I am canadian so I like denim, but these are all giant :what:

:what:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Really good commentary on fashion shows. Pukin' rainbows.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

I've always wanted to wear plastic bread bags on my feet, and time to see how long it would take for a passerby to mention it.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Florence needs to recalibrate her Machine.

Someone posted a pineapple shirt earlier. I'm ashamed to admit I used to own one. In LEOPARD PRINT. (fake edit: Okay, apparently they're called popcorn shirts? We always called them pineapple shirts.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Also, I HATE tights and shorts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm really not a fan of tulle in neutral colours that just make it look dirty.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Jesus Christ, that last one is an unflattering mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's allegedly by Vera Wang.

• Locked thread