Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
🦇🦇🦇🦇:drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Bats, in my belfry?!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

Priscilla, get the salad shooter. I'm going to need all the garlic we got for this, it's a biggun.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Farg
*kills the gargoyles and rings bells*

this is a drak souls reference

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
whilst standing in line at the grocery store, i make a high pitched screech

----------------

FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

whilst standing in line at the grocery store, i make a high pitched screech
This is just that email forward about telling a Muslim woman in a grocery store checkout line about how she's in America now

cda

by Hand Knit
Subj: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: whilst standing in line at the grocery store, i make a high pitched screech

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW THIS i was in krogers yesterday to get some pork chops and I go over to the deli and if you can believe it there was a woman there asking if the meat was haram or halal or habubu or whatever they call it. THIS IS AMERICA now some sharia backwater country where the woman cant eat meat touched by good clean American hands. so i did what any true American would do, i made a high pitched screech until everyone was looking around wondering where the bald eagle was and then i said "you know where the bald eagle is? it's inside of all of us, bearing its talens for FREEDOM and if you don't like it you just fly back to wherever you came from"

----------------

Dads Dip Cup

*angrily muttering to himself as he dials the 24-hour exorcist hotline for the second time* sure, "invite the banshee to stay with you a while" he said, "she's probably just lonely and needs a little company" he said

FactsAreUseless

cda posted:

Subj: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: whilst standing in line at the grocery store, i make a high pitched screech

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO KNOW THIS i was in krogers yesterday to get some pork chops and I go over to the deli and if you can believe it there was a woman there asking if the meat was haram or halal or habubu or whatever they call it. THIS IS AMERICA now some sharia backwater country where the woman cant eat meat touched by good clean American hands. so i did what any true American would do, i made a high pitched screech until everyone was looking around wondering where the bald eagle was and then i said "you know where the bald eagle is? it's inside of all of us, bearing its talens for FREEDOM and if you don't like it you just fly back to wherever you came from"
I looked it up, and it's even dumber than this. There's a British and an American verison.

American:

quote:

One of my dear sons serves in the military. I’m a very proud Mom. He is still stateside here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere he goes. Telling me how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve and fight, for not only our own freedoms, but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store where he stopped yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha. He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said, “Yes, I always wear it.”

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was an Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son’s shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman, “Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that you could stand here, in MY country and accuse a checkout cashier of bombing your Countrymen. It is my belief that, had you been this outspoken in YOUR OWN country, we wouldn’t need to be there today. But, hey! if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I’ll gladly pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess you are obviously here to avoid.”

Everyone in line, and within hearing distance, cheered the older Gentleman, coming forward as they reached for their wallets. The woman in the burkha left the store in silence.

I am, like at least some that were in the store, outraged! But it also warmed my heart to know that we as Americans are speaking out, calmly and succinctly (finally) to those that enjoy the freedoms here in the US.

Hooray for Ann Rea’s son, hooray for that checker, hooray for the gentleman in the store for his actions, hooray for Ann Rea for sharing this with all of us.

God Bless America and Our Troops!

British:

quote:

An incident occurred in a supermarket recently when the following was witnessed:

A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (black gown & face mask) was standing with her shopping in a queue at the checkout. When it was her turn to be served , and as she reached the cashier, she made a loud remark about the British Flag lapel pin which the female cashier was wearing on her blouse. The cashier reached.... ...............up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes , I always wear it proudly. My son serves abroad with the forces and I wear it for him.

The Muslim woman then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing and killing her countrymen explaining that she was Afghani. At that point an elderly gentleman standing in the queue stepped forward and interrupted with a calm, gentle voice, and said to the Afghani woman:

'Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of British men and women, just like this lady's son, have fought and sacrificed their lives so that people just like YOU can stand here in Britain, which is OUR country and allow you to blatantly accuse an innocent check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that in Afghan, which you claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn't need to be fighting there today. However, now that you have learned how to speak out and criticize the British people who have afforded you the protection of OUR country, I will gladly pay the cost of a ticket to help you pay your way back to Afghan. When you get there and if you manage to survive for being as outspoken as what you are here in Britain, then you should be able to help straighten out the mess which YOUR Afghani countrymen have got you into in the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to OUR country to avoid'.

Apparently, the queue cheered and applauded.

IF YOU AGREE.... Pass this on to all of your proud British and other worldly friends.... I just did !!!! It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. It's also nice to be British!

FactsAreUseless

As an English teacher, you should appreciate "An incident occurred in a supermarket recently when the following was witnessed," which is maybe the worst sentence ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

As an English teacher, you should appreciate "An incident occurred in a supermarket recently when the following was witnessed," which is maybe the worst sentence ever written.

The passive voice is awful, but necessary here because obviously nobody witnessed poo poo.

----------------

• Locked thread