Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Posted on my Chromebook!
I, poster of YOSPOS, am super jelly of OP's Chomebook
The nin switch is bad rear end
the nin switch is bad
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a dirt bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bloody posted:

i am not going to buy anything because i get fulfillment in my life from things other than hollow consumerism

dirt bike

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

why cant you level up in it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Encrypted posted:

that's p cool, i like your watch post from time to time, how do you know about these things qirex? is there a site where you can follow the latest stuff on watches?

reddit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a meter is too long to be a useful measure of short distances

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

do people use dm? they should have made that size the base unit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's more that the foot is an aesthetically pleasing size than anything with fractions of a foot or meter or whatever. hold a ruler in your hand, it's well-sized to measuring things with a stick. anything bigger and you have a tape measure. contrast that to swinging around a meter stick, trying to get it level, etc

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i took chemistry and i only ever wrote things in kg or g

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

echinopsis posted:

the only thing that fucks me off about metric is that for every unit the unit name is the "centre unit" except litres because a litre of water is a KILOgram so a 100% mix of a thing in weight per volume is g/mL or Kg/L rather than g/L or whatever

i think this is more because 1mg/l = 1 ppm

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the dweebazoids that came up with the meter did any usability testing they might have found out that the ideal length is about a foot and the ideal fraction is 12 because you can cleanly divide it into thirds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if you need a scale below ounces and inches then mm and g are fine but they may as well be arbitrary just like feet and pounds are

• Locked thread