Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

etalian posted:

Also at the coffee shop town hall he got ignored by people and when he left some birds poo poo on his business suit.

And so yet again birds demonstrate their love of Bernie, and contempt for boring dems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Captain_Maclaine posted:

And so yet again birds demonstrate their love of Bernie, and contempt for boring dems.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Condiv posted:

even if it was, it's regrettable. i wish we had a party and party leadership that we could be proud of in every state

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's assuming a level of competence the dnc has yet to demonstrate

This combination pretty much tells the whole story.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Bernie destroys another bad dem leader with using his powerful Druid magicss

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

or disassembling a assault rifle.

the guy who ran that add lost

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Big bird is a kiddy diddler and only is friends with Clinton to get a line onto Epstein's jet

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

etalian posted:

Also at the coffee shop town hall he got ignored by people and when he left some birds poo poo on his business suit.

This is some Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-level poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Barbe Rouge posted:

This is some Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-level poo poo.

lol

https://twitter.com/DrewFrogger/status/855392431570898944

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i dunno why anybody would opt out of this stuff. it's amazing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

i dunno why anybody would opt out of this stuff. it's amazing

yeah i collected a bunch from the DCCC for awhile and theyre basically indistinguishable from scammy spam mail

presumably it's meant to prey on the senile or something

cutting-edge fundraising

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah i collected a bunch from the DCCC for awhile and theyre basically indistinguishable from scammy spam mail

cutting-edge fundraising

honestly when i saw the full text rachel maddow i thought it was a parody lol

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

Bernie destroys another bad dem leader with using his powerful Druid magicss

funny, he doesnt look druish

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

cutting-edge fundraising

yeah they do it because it works, somehow. they a/b test every single element of the emails repeatedly, down to font size and whether a button has a border or no border. and it produces this generic spammy garbage that nonetheless raises money

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i think game change had some neat stuff regarding emails, and how they analyzed poo poo to see if an email would do better if sent under one person's name vs another, and depending on what day

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

logikv9 posted:

i think game change had some neat stuff regarding emails, and how they analyzed poo poo to see if an email would do better if sent under one person's name vs another, and depending on what day

Ah, thinks the clever montana democratic party staffer, We could just skip the research phase if we send every possible version of our fundraising e-mail to everybody on our list in a ten hour span!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venuz Patrol posted:

Ah, thinks the clever montana democratic party staffer, We could just skip the research phase if we send every possible version of our fundraising e-mail to everybody on our list in a ten hour span!

some races outsource their emails to dccc, so i wouldn't be surprised if they were running it.

quist's email program is pretty successful so i guess they've got that going for them, even if their emails are horrible

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
To be honest I'd read more political emails if they were
S O M E T E X T
O
M
E
T
E
X
T

Shitposts.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

reignonyourparade posted:

To be honest I'd read more political emails if they were
S O M E T E X T
O
M
E
T
E
X
T

Shitposts.

i didn't read the fullwidth RACHELMADDOW email they sent me but it's definitely the best of the bunch based on subject line alone

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GlyphGryph posted:

I am happy for the 200k. They are supporting him and that matters. Hes doing perfectly fine with direct fundraising anyway, last I knew he had plenty of cash still to play with.

also 200k goes a hell of a lot further in montana than in one of the richest districts in the nation

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

some races outsource their emails to dccc, so i wouldn't be surprised if they were running it.

quist's email program is pretty successful so i guess they've got that going for them, even if their emails are horrible

im almost certain that theyre either using the DCCC program or they outsourced it to the DCCC entirely, it's extremely similar

i suspect his fundraising success has been due to his progressive appeal and grassroots people sharing with one another directly more than anything else, though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

also 200k goes a hell of a lot further in montana than in one of the richest districts in the nation

you'd be surprised, the race is equivalent to a senate race because it encompasses the entire state, which is one of the largest and most populous congressional districts in the country

also, the media market there is apparently relatively costly for a variety of reasons

it's very different from the recent kansas special election, for example, which took place in a relatively tiny area

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 20:56 on May 1, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Anyway, we're only $40 off of our next target! Donate some much-needed funds today and propel the Quistlings to victory!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Venuz Patrol posted:

i didn't read the fullwidth RACHELMADDOW email they sent me but it's definitely the best of the bunch based on subject line alone

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO MADDOW

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

you'd be surprised, the race is equivalent to a senate race because it encompasses the entire state, which is one of the largest and most populous congressional districts in the country

also, the media market there is apparently relatively costly for a variety of reasons

it's very different from the recent kansas special election, for example, which took place in a relatively tiny area

montana is actually 6 different media markets because nothing can ever be easy. it's surprisingly expensive to be on the air across the state, and it is the largest congressional district by population by far. far from being cheap, montana is actually an expensive place to run a statewide federal campaign - in fact, mt-al was the 8th most expensive race in 2016, despite denise juneau going down by double digits.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Vox Nihili posted:

huh

i guess that makes sense given that the state only gets broadcasts from the media markets surrounding it since it's montana

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The emails are really confusing. I am not buying the Satan will devour my soul if I don't donate $5 more to Rob Quist, campaign for less soul consumption.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
If you don't donate $5, Greg Gianforte will bring back raptors.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Concerned Citizen posted:

If you don't donate $5, Greg Gianforte will bring back raptors.

glad i'm not donating then

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Gringostar posted:

glad i'm not donating then

I have closely monitored your posting and can conclude with certainty that you would not survive the events of Jurrassic Park.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Ron Quist has informed me he is in SERIOUS danger [24 HOURS] from a knife to the heart. I think his cap lock key is malfunctioning. Only your $5 can save him.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Looks like the DCCC is coming through! Hopefully their willingness to invest was the result of some good internal polling numbers.

https://twitter.com/AASchapiro/status/859813536712855553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

QUIST

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYWE7KK3j_E

dccc is up

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Made my second-ever political donation to one Rob Quist in hopes of more good dems, less raptors, and the chance to survive Jurassic Park.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Made my second-ever political donation to one Rob Quist in hopes of more good dems, less raptors, and the chance to survive Jurassic Park.

Good call. Life finds a way...

QUIST *gunshot*

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Oops

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/860614345130168320

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

quote:

Asked to reconcile Mr. Gianforte’s public and private statements, his campaign manager said the candidate was only “thankful” the process of repealing the law was underway.

“He would not have voted for the bill because he didn’t know what was in it,” said Brock Lowrance, the aide, noting that the Congressional Budget Office has not yet offered a fiscal analysis of the measure.

"i wouldn't have voted for it, but i'm sure glad someone did!"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
It's important to have both a public and a private position. -Gianforte, probably.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i learned that gianforte is carpetbagging scum from new jersey, he should go back there because he can do less damage

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
greg "jersey" gianforte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

i learned that gianforte is carpetbagging scum from new jersey, he should go back there because he can do less damage

more to the point, he's a tech magnate campaigning in montana....

• Locked thread