Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
this timeline just keeps getting stranger and stranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im pretty sure all the people who are like 'that loving rules he beat up the media nerd' aren't people who live in montana and know who gianforte is. if you know who he is its much more like 'that guy has problems'

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
QUIST

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I hope this isn't the part where I get proven right about the risks of early voting systems.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

he wont randomly maul you for looking at him!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Q U I S T

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

quistmentum is building, it's gunna come down to crucial waukesha county

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Vox Nihili posted:

Greg Gianforte, Montana G.O.P. Candidate, Is Charged in Attack on Reporter

The Republican candidate in a hotly contested special House election in Montana was charged with assaulting a journalist on Wednesday at what was to be a final rally in Bozeman on the eve of the vote. The attack brought police officers to the event and sent the reporter to the hospital for X-rays.

In a statement late Wednesday, the office of the Gallatin County sheriff, Brian Gootkin, said there was enough evidence to charge the candidate, Greg Gianforte, with misdemeanor assault. Mr. Gianforte, the Republican candidate for the state’s lone House seat, is scheduled to appear in court before June 7.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/greg-gianforte-montana-republican-body-slams-reporter.html

Gianforte +2 in voting results today

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
So has Quist lost yet?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
quist has won bigly

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

quist has won bigly

he took back the championship belt from gianforte, winning over the crowd with a magnificent elbow drop

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Agean90 posted:

he took back the championship belt from gianforte, winning over the crowd with a magnificent elbow drop

you're such a tease

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ben handed gianforte the win lol

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Zas posted:

im pretty sure all the people who are like 'that loving rules he beat up the media nerd' aren't people who live in montana and know who gianforte is. if you know who he is its much more like 'that guy has problems'

In what other ways? I mean other than looking like a serial rapist

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im gonna withdraw that comment as too optimistic, to be fair i was high on fentanyl and crack.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the trunchbull doctrine

quote:

"The body-slamming? Ah, yeah, it just seems a little too good to be true to me," said Chandler Ortman, who works in the restaurant industry in Bozeman and voted for Gianforte. "I guess I'm just gonna say he's innocent until proven guilty."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Zas posted:

im gonna withdraw that comment as too optimistic, to be fair i was high on fentanyl and crack.

Hell Same :orb:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
did the aggressive giant fort win yet

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Results start coming in at 10pm EST

https://decisiondeskhq.com/results/montana-at-large-congressional-election/

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Donkwich posted:

the trunchbull doctrine

that guy voted for trump because of hillary's emails, probably

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's all drink gasoline

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Polls closed, get hype!

Quist now trading at 20c on PredictIt :negative:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
quist should've punched somebody

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
after some 100k votes counted thus far

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ladies and gentleman mark wicks

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
He's exactly how I'd picture the third candidate in a Montana special election between Quist and Gianforte would look.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump has another large adult son??

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Rob Quist (Democratic) 47.6% 75,998
Greg Gianforte (Republican) 46.9% 74,906
Mark Wicks (Libertarian) 5.5% 8,758
159,662 Total Votes

gonna be 375k or more votes total, could be a long night

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quist leading :getin:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

you jinxed it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Frijolero posted:

Not anymore

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i shoulda voted for wicks, gently caress

that dude loves dogges look at his loving face

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Frijolero posted:

Remember, the distribution of votes counted aren't even.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nate is shook about quist tho

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

honestly my true hope is that gianforte wins, and that the rest of congress musters enough balls and wherewithal to kick him out or do whatever kind of poo poo they can

or alternatively we just go all in on the brownshirt nazi violence

is there an :accelerate: or :accelerationism:???

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nate Silver should really consider just shaving his head.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nate's saying unless election day voting sees a drastic change, Quist isn't gonna make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

nate silver is dumb qtiyd

• Locked thread