Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why doesn't the ring collapse when there are dozens of wrestlers in it at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bradzilla posted:

This is definitely, 100% building to Braun losing to Roman again. Don't kid yourselves.

lets go roman!!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Bill Goldberg posted:

why doesn't the ring collapse when there are dozens of wrestlers in it at once

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_(mechanics)

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_Wrestling_(TV_series)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

also, wrestling is fake

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Cardboard Box posted:

also, wrestling is fake

Do they only bring the video screen ring apron sides for PPVs? I didn't watch Raw but saw that and wondered if that might have been a giveaway

E: (saw that they had plain apron sides)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Do they only bring the video screen ring apron sides for PPVs? I didn't watch Raw but saw that and wondered if that might have been a giveaway

The normal setup has led video boards on the ringposts, and the stage side and hardcam side of the ring are led boards as well. It was almost a sure sign of ring shenanigans that they used the old setup

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

illcendiary posted:

Nah. The video apron is for Raw too, so that was definitely a hint.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Too bad they couldn't commit to destroying like 20k worth of video screens.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bradzilla posted:

This is definitely, 100% building to Braun losing to Roman again. Don't kid yourselves.

normally yes but I feel vince is going for the longer term planning of building Braun to feed him to Brock who will then be fed to Roman

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A problem with how Vince is booking Roman is that he is trying to make him into a sympathetic underdog babyface, (OMG look at how the big mean man tipped his ambulance, the meanie! Poor poor Roman), but whilst simultaneously trying to make Roman the biggest baddest dog in his yard Bow Wow look at how handsome and cool he is.

A way to remedy this would be maybe have Roman look a little bit bad/weak. Have him lose to a smaller man, and then have to overcome adversity to beat him in the rematch.

This way we get the joy of seeing Roman lose, but if it looked like he had to work and struggle to get back atop his throne as the biggest doggiest of yard occupants, then that could be a story that the crowd could get into.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Chris James 2 posted:

Big Show couldn't retire by losing to Shaq, so he said "gently caress it, send me out with another ring exploding spot" and it ruled

I love how the ref was clearly bracing himself for the impact and still ate poo poo super hard.

I hope he's okay.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Why didn't they just book Roman like theyre booking Strowman?? Roman is always playing face in peril, that poo poo is for the Jeff Hardys of the world

I have to feel like a lot of it is that Strowman's appeal is centered around his insane pulpy power spots, and knowing what we know about Roman, there's no real way to suspend disbelief on those for him, no matter how much you gimmick an ambulance

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Jenny Angel posted:

I have to feel like a lot of it is that Strowman's appeal is centered around his insane pulpy power spots, and knowing what we know about Roman, there's no real way to suspend disbelief on those for him, no matter how much you gimmick an ambulance

but have you considered the POOOOOOWER of roman reigns?!

*barely lifts a guy for a one armed powerbomb that sin cara can do*

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am incredibly sad Sin Cara got drafted to smackdown because he was so close to being united with the garbage pile he loves so much.

Saw ring break spot coming from 1000 miles away, still owned.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

*barely lifts a guy for a one armed powerbomb that sin cara can do*

Still my favorite thing about Reigns.

the POWER of sin cara

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 18, 2017

Teridax
Nov 24, 2014

was genuinely shocked that roman didn't show up at the end, shaking off the murder from last week to superman punch braun to close out raw

ring spot owned tho

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Hardy vs. Cesaro was a big disappointment.

What happened to Cesaro? He used to do a ton of cool moves. Now all he does is uppercuts and tease the swing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
teasing tozawa and crews was a disgusting and terrible act if they don't follow through.

please let akira tozawa be on the main roster and be so good that he's able to get crews over with him.

braun/show was way way way better than i could have ever expected. even before the ring-break it was legit a pretty good match, which is not what i thought was gonna happen at all.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Uh do you understand the kind of odds Roman would have to overcome to do that?!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Professor Funk posted:

Braun Strowman loving owns.

It was good to hear how hard the announce team was putting Finn over on commentary, but I still can't believe his first program back is going to be a heatless feud with Bray freaking Wyatt. Also he needs to get a few new moves, I feel like "dropkicks, slingblade, coup de grace" can get old quickly.

Wwe style is only about the five moves. That's not going to change until WWE does. The reason Braun is exciting right now is because they are pulling every gimmick out in the book so he doesn't actually have to wrestle a real match.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

what's wwe gonna do when big show retires and no one else is big enough to make the ring break spot convincing

Dylan Miley has really big hands.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

my god, a 3 hour show built around the new version of the Big Show. None of their supposed stars did anything the entire show, 90% of the show was just filler, all the matches were just paint by number trash with the exception of the gimmick at the end

this is what a company with no competition not even trying looks like. I'd need a lobotomy to sit through it, I'll probably check back in around Summerslam

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The Grey posted:

Hardy vs. Cesaro was a big disappointment.

What happened to Cesaro? He used to do a ton of cool moves. Now all he does is uppercuts and tease the swing.

Pretty much how everyone works half a decade into a job where they get denied every promotion, transfer, or opportunity to advance yet still get expected to bust their rear end every day because "you're such a good worker, we can't afford to lose you". drat no wonder people can relate to him.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Braun Strowman posted:

Roman Reigns is garbage... And now you are too

Braun Strowman posted:

Braun Strowman posted:

Braun Strowman posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

my god, a 3 hour show built around the new version of the Big Show. None of their supposed stars did anything the entire show, 90% of the show was just filler, all the matches were just paint by number trash with the exception of the gimmick at the end

this is what a company with no competition not even trying looks like. I'd need a lobotomy to sit through it, I'll probably check back in around Summerslam

Braun is better as a monster and more compelling than Show has literally ever been. I'm not saying Braun is a ring technician, but holy gently caress he is the most believable monster since Brock or 1998 Kane and I would legitimately buy him as a dude who would (and could) rip me in half and laugh about it. The one line posted above is a better monster line than anything Show has ever said.

Now, that said, this is all leading to Roman beating him clean again which is trash and problematic but I will not hear Braun or his stuff tonight besmirched. It's loving fantastic, and if WWE was as good at destinations as they are with journeys like this we'd have a whole lot less Roman-esque BOW WOW stories and a lot more Bryans/Dean Ambrose MITBs.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blaise330 posted:

Pretty much how everyone works half a decade into a job where they get denied every promotion, transfer, or opportunity to advance yet still get expected to bust their rear end every day because "you're such a good worker, we can't afford to lose you". drat no wonder people can relate to him.
I personally can't relate to Cesaro because I'm not LIT AF 🔥🔥🔥💯👻💪💪
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_WCXI2Gng&t=35s

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna believe they're not gonna beat Braun clean again because he's gonna fight Lesnar this Summer. But either way, he's sure as poo poo losing clean to Lesnar and probably look like a chump in the process so in a roundabout way it's all to get Roman over anyway.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving hate Brock Lesnar.

Cubone posted:

I personally can't relate to Cesaro because I'm not LIT AF 🔥🔥🔥💯👻💪💪
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_WCXI2Gng&t=35s

It's when he hits the Thesz Press and immediately goes into the uppercut and then keeps going that you know you're watching something "Lit As gently caress".

MJeff fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 18, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It took 9 years for Sheamus to finally wearing a kilt.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Braun is the best.

Roman is baloney

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Reminder that in TYOOL 2017, WWE is using a loving Papa Roach song to promote a PPV.

Hey guys I heard about this cool new up and coming band Coal Chamber, they should do a song for the next one.

shiksa posted:

teasing tozawa and crews was a disgusting and terrible act if they don't follow through.

please let akira tozawa be on the main roster and be so good that he's able to get crews over with him.
:same: Don't play with my heart like that, WWE.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Superstars have been Shaken, and now it's back to A+ Business on SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight, friends :) I for one am excited

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Professor Funk posted:

Braun Strowman loving owns.

It was good to hear how hard the announce team was putting Finn over on commentary, but I still can't believe his first program back is going to be a heatless feud with Bray freaking Wyatt. Also he needs to get a few new moves, I feel like "dropkicks, slingblade, coup de grace" can get old quickly.

He's also got the two different implant DDTs, the repeating corner chops, and the bicycle kick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

That's the worst time to check back in because on the slim chance Braun actually beats the Big Dog, it's certainly so he can lose quick to Brock around that time of the year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should have Braun go over Brock at the PPV imo

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

St Evan Echoes posted:

The Superstars have been Shaken, and now it's back to A+ Business on SMACKDOWN LIVE tonight, friends :) I for one am excited

You seen the main event tonight?! Jobber central

While the actual main eventers are feuding for the US title

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

sticklefifer posted:

Reminder that in TYOOL 2017, WWE is using a loving Papa Roach song to promote a PPV.

Hey guys I heard about this cool new up and coming band Coal Chamber, they should do a song for the next one.

:same: Don't play with my heart like that, WWE.

Papa Roach sucks big time but for whatever reason they are still a very successful mainstream band that releases awful new music which is immediately played on pop and rock stations.

It's actually a lot better choice than most of the time WWE tries to tap into pop culture. I mean, not from a musical standpoint, but you know.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You seen the main event tonight?! Jobber central

While the actual main eventers are feuding for the US title
The main event has 2 very good workers and 1 good worker, Jinder's there to eat a pin and Rowan is big.

Mojo Rawley can gently caress off though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG96Mdle5lI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Miz/Dean feud being rehashed on Raw really feels like the Raw team is trying to prove they're better than Ryan Ward. :sad:

• Locked thread