Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Venomous posted:

tbh I forgot the Bollywood Boys existed so that's something

That's because they are NXT jobbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

My Takeaway from Jinder's victory is that Sami Zayn is exactly where he needs to be, because Jinder got mad heat for screwing him over. Like, I was kind of shocked at the boo's he got even before the LOOK AT MY CRAZY PASSPORT schtick.

As for Jinder himself, I'm not going to pretend odds are in favor of anything good coming from his title shot, but I'm not going to complain because wrestling fans have spent years bitching about 75% of the roster being held down and how guys should be given a chance to Sink or Swim. Jinder's getting it. It went pretty well for Slater when he got a push out of nowhere last year, maybe Jinder will surprise us. If not it won't matter because Randy is winning anyway.

Jinder got booed because he was the last guy in that match anyone expected to win. That was the crowd rejecting the result of the match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

I don't agree. Crowds deflate and go quiet when they reject a match, or they vocalize with Bullshit chants or other stuff like that to be clear they're protesting the segment rather than playing along with it. We've seen that behavior from live crowds consistently for years and years now. They certainly don't give the Face Champion a big pop and start chanting his name when he comes out to promo with his #1 Contender if they think he's not legitimate, they lose interest. We've seen that for years too. I think Jinder had legitimate heat for screwing over Sami because the crowd wants Sami to succeed. It's not like that would be a unique phenomenon in pro wrestling, jumpstarting a heel who's cold by having him screw the face the crowd wants to win is a storied tactic.

I could easily be wrong, but we'll see as the program plays out either way.

Jinder is not going to carry that heat from winning the match to next week, I guarantee it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tajiri is tweeting that due to his injury he's done with WWE and heading back to Japan.

• Locked thread