Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanna believe they're not gonna beat Braun clean again because he's gonna fight Lesnar this Summer. But either way, he's sure as poo poo losing clean to Lesnar and probably look like a chump in the process so in a roundabout way it's all to get Roman over anyway.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving hate Brock Lesnar.

Cubone posted:

I personally can't relate to Cesaro because I'm not LIT AF 🔥🔥🔥💯👻💪💪
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_WCXI2Gng&t=35s

It's when he hits the Thesz Press and immediately goes into the uppercut and then keeps going that you know you're watching something "Lit As gently caress".

MJeff fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Germansimp posted:

Given McDevitt's lawsuit success rate and Anthem/TNA obviously not coming up with ANY of the Broken stuff, why would WWE try to get a deal with them and not just sue the everloving poo poo out of them?

Vince probably wants the rights to the gimmick before Jeff turns into a cloud of dust.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

then what would be the top smackdown belt

I don't care which belt it is, the one being held by either AJ Styles or Kevin Owens is better than the one being held by Randy Orton.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Building stars is one thing, but I really don't want to build Jinder, because he sucks and is an unsafe worker.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm gonna look on the bright side here.

Randy Orton is probably gonna sleepwalk through this match. Combine that with Jinder being terrible and we might be in for a really funny reaction from Chicago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Carver Crisis posted:

I just realized that if Jinder is really booked for Backlash, that's over a month from now. We're getting a 4 week build for a world title match with Jinder Mahal. WWE is unironically amazing right now.

Eh, more like a two week build to the stupid Wyatt match, then a two week build to the Jinder match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sanguinia posted:

My Takeaway from Jinder's victory is that Sami Zayn is exactly where he needs to be, because Jinder got mad heat for screwing him over. Like, I was kind of shocked at the boo's he got even before the LOOK AT MY CRAZY PASSPORT schtick.

As for Jinder himself, I'm not going to pretend odds are in favor of anything good coming from his title shot, but I'm not going to complain because wrestling fans have spent years bitching about 75% of the roster being held down and how guys should be given a chance to Sink or Swim. Jinder's getting it. It went pretty well for Slater when he got a push out of nowhere last year, maybe Jinder will surprise us. If not it won't matter because Randy is winning anyway.

Sami had a really good promo after, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsbHwkiw1IE

This is already more character than he was allowed to have on Raw. I'm actually really optimistic of their long term plans for him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Jinder got booed because he was the last guy in that match anyone expected to win. That was the crowd rejecting the result of the match.

There was an audible "Let's go Sami" chant and they were starting to get especially loud when he hit the Exploder and was setting up for the Helluva Kick. That crowd really wanted Sami to win and was really pissed when he didn't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

NXT sucks at developing gimmicks that work for people. Working a small room of smarks that show up every week is so different from working an arena. There are so many gimmicks that worked well on NXT that died a fast death on the main roster.

Blaming that on NXT and not the main roster's lovely booking is about as backward as it gets.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a Chinese guy that did some stuff at WrestleMania in the battle royale.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

Tajiri is tweeting that due to his injury he's done with WWE and heading back to Japan.

Look, you don't need to be cleared to wrestle to just show up and spit green mist in Brian Kendrick's face every week!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought an AJ vs. Randy program for the Summer was the way to go but okay next stop crazytown I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You'll GET...

IT!

• Locked thread