Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG96Mdle5lI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Poor Roman Reigns.

Two people gone too soon:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/854367343962664960

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/854418738845810688

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Rusev's injured, right? When's he due back

2-4 months

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

The real outrage from Smackdown should be how badly AA is getting it. I only watch the NXT takeovers so I loved their matches but I've never really seen their promos, do they suck? Why have they gotten no time on the stick? It's very obviously causing them to die a slow death because nothing is being built up for them.

Wish I had the actual reason why they've stalled but back when they first got together in NXT I was told this would be their lot. Vince simply hates the collegiate Wrestler gimmick.

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 19, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE has changed a lot since AJ Lee's story to be fair. WWE really doesn't market sex all that much anymore. Also look at the NXT Spoilers and the Takeover women's match it is pretty progressive.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKLDO3Zm4WM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Summary JBL was found innocent and Mauro didn't file a formal complaint to HR as it was his fault. Or something like that: https://twitter.com/Newsweek_INT/status/855815163680870400

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Timby posted:

"Found innocent?" :lol: It's not a court of law

Yes that's the joke.

Timby posted:

Edit: Rovert, I know for whatever reason you absolutely love carrying WWE's water buckets for them, but this is just kind of pathetic.

Or I meet Wrestling's ridiculousness with my own.

rovert fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 22, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I will still say no specific allegation about what JBL actually did was ever publicly made. A lot of the reporting about JBL was a clear smear campaign by the best friend of Frank Shamrock Dave Meltzer. Frank is Mauro's agent. That was never fully disclosed by Meltzer.

Late last year ACH was bullied out of ROH and unlike Mauro was let out of his contract early - from all accounts he had a stronger more documented case than Mauro. Meltzer smeared ACH and protected those who bullied him as they are newsletter sources. ROH departures of people who aren't WWE bound have only continued since.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'm fairly certain Rovert was making fun of the report, not defending WWE.

Runs against Mauro's tweets/subtweets.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I really liked that JBL's defense was 'I'm only a kayfabe rear end in a top hat, wrasslin is fake y'all! yeehaw!'

JBL/WWE can seemingly claim publicly or in their own heads that Mauro just threw a tantrum over the Bring It To The Table segment.

I hate to possibly victim blame but Mauro reaching a settlement is kind of lame if he had a strong case or with him being a Mental Health advocate.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Goddammit Rovert I don't know when or how Meltzer fingerbanged your cat but if you're really this determined to keep beating this dead horse that Dave is somehow a terrible journalist then make a thread about it and post about it in there, I'm tired of the derails to this thread.

It is not a derail. The main source of pro-Mauro stuff in the situation was him. It is very much part of story. Like the pro-WWE stuff from Coach/Sam Roberts/Peter Rosenberg.

Not like I don't praise Meltzer when he gets things right. I am a long term subscriber and that isn't changing. But I am entitled to express my opinion on his reporting.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Timby posted:

You were saying, J-Ru?

This is an entirely seperate post.

MotU posted:

i didnt know about the ach thing b/c i dont follow ROH too close but if all the connections are true then it looks like rovert was right all along

When I speak up on these things I do tend to be right. I wouldn't publicly say it if I wasn't sure. I've done it during FCW when no one gave a poo poo about that. I did it during Cornette era ROH.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yes it is, make a thread about Dave Meltzer's terrible journalism practices/covering up for his best friends/not covering stories and post about it in there.

What about the terrible journalism supporting WWE? Why is Meltzer as a topic the derailer?

I've said pretty much everything on the subject. ACH apparently talked a lot about it at his Q&A at WXW.

MotU posted:

strong case or not sometimes people dont like to prolong things legally because it is very mentally and emotionally draining. my family had a v strong malpractice case w/r/t the diagnosis of my father and it was never pursued in an extensive manner because it was difficult to go through so i can understand at least with that

That's very true. WWE's legal strategy is to financially exhaustive people too. Look at Colt & Punk.

But still if had a strong case this is a fairly qualified victory unfortunately. Especially having to publicly state it didn't have to do with JBL.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A new episode of "Table for Three" with AJ Styles, Shawn Michaels, and Kevin Nash will air on the WWE Network after Raw on Monday.

Hope AJ and Kevin pretend not to know each other.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Iffy source but...

https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/856258815645417473

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sandman McMahon posted:

And here I thought WWE was done with the TNA roster raid. Is there seriously anyone left on that show? Is every episode of Impact just Damien Sandow and Rockstar Spud playing patty cake in the ring for two hours? Does anyone even care???

Lex Luger: I don't know!!

Eli Drake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Let's pretend Raw never happened. The Alexa segment and Drifter cameo happened on Smackdown.

• Locked thread