Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY!!!!! IM READY!!!!!

Release the Kart game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY!!!!! IM READY!!!!!

Release the Kart game!

I'm ready. I'm ready.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Beastie posted:

That is loving dumb and I hope they change it. I was just telling my girlfriend how one of us can use the Pro Controller and the other can have the grip.

Guess I'll be ordering those tiny single joycon grips off Amazon.

You can do that. It's only if you have more than one switch involved in the split screen shenanigans.

Lobstertainment fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 21, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh okay. You never know with Nintendo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do it nintendo

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

minusX posted:

According to Nick Robinson from Polygon you can't use two Joy-Cons for one player (IE with the grip) while playing wireless split-screen (meaning two+ switches, connected wirelessly, doing split screen). You have to have each player use a single Joy-Con or a Pro Controller.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/854853687117852673

You can still use a mix of joycons and pro controllers in whatever format you want for docked single console multiplayer though, right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Can you just do like local wireless non-splitscreen?

If so, why would you ever do splitscreen with two switches?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Zaphod42 posted:

four players?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ohhhhh you can do 4-way with 2-consoles? That's legit cool.

Kinda a niche use case though so I don't mind being limited to a single joycon if you're doing that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Should we try to put together an MK8 discord or something?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

btw everyone the game is live on the Japan and Australian eShops.

Probably about 7-8 hours till it's available in Europe.

e: I've never used Discord but I'd be up for an MK8 one.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Should we try to put together an MK8 discord or something?

For sure.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zaphod42 posted:

It's not just limited to two, you can link up like 16

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You can link up to 8 switches wirelessly, each one can support up to 2 players, maximum of 12 players total.

You can link 12 switches over wired LAN using docks and USB LAN adapters.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Trip Report:

Shine Runners and the Coin one are super fun.

I couldn't hit any one in Balloon mode. Cops and robbers was weird and confusing, but we won somehow?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello babies

I have come to steal your precious points. Won my last 3 battles.

Gonna be playing this poo poo for a looooong time

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm not sure how Bob-omb Blast is supposed to be played yet. It was a few minutes of people madly throwing poo poo everywhere.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crawfish posted:

I'm not sure how Bob-omb Blast is supposed to be played yet. It was a few minutes of people madly throwing poo poo everywhere.

That sounds exactly like how it is meant to be played.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please refrain from playing until us Americans have it. It's only fair.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

That sounds exactly like how it is meant to be played.
They didn't seem to have a very large throwing arc. I could have just been playing it wrong, but it was impossible to hit anyone unless they were directly in front or behind me in that round.

I was going to say that the may have changed up item spawns a bit, because there was only one Blue Shell over the first three races of the 50cc cup I tried out. Race Four showed me that it's still the mario kart we love with one Blue Shell per race.

I couldn't do anything about it, because the horns I did get kept getting stolen by boo's.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I got it early on the Japanese e-shop. How do I turn off the assist? And what are the three options I see when I hit pause during a race?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

RCarr posted:

Please refrain from playing until us Americans have it. It's only fair.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wait. Does the Japanese version not include English? Lmao @ you early purchasers if so.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It is all English. The game just doesn't explain much and I never played on Wii-u.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So I waited until pretty last minute to pre-order this on amazon, but with enough time that it could logically make it here by release date except it still tells me that they don't know when I'll be getting it. Did they oversell the game so mine wont ship until they replenish stock, or when it officially released will it be like oh yeah, its already half way to your house.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Contact support? I'm pretty sure none of us work for Amazon

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Crawfish posted:

They didn't seem to have a very large throwing arc. I could have just been playing it wrong, but it was impossible to hit anyone unless they were directly in front or behind me in that round.

I was going to say that the may have changed up item spawns a bit, because there was only one Blue Shell over the first three races of the 50cc cup I tried out. Race Four showed me that it's still the mario kart we love with one Blue Shell per race.

I couldn't do anything about it, because the horns I did get kept getting stolen by boo's.

If it's like double dash, you can hold the item button to throw farther.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

V for Vegans posted:

So I waited until pretty last minute to pre-order this on amazon, but with enough time that it could logically make it here by release date except it still tells me that they don't know when I'll be getting it. Did they oversell the game so mine wont ship until they replenish stock, or when it officially released will it be like oh yeah, its already half way to your house.

If it ain't listed as shipped right now you done for bro.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

If it's like double dash, you can hold the item button to throw farther.
It definitely does in races, but I haven't got that battle mode again to try it out.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh man new Mario kart is out.

It's time to update the spreadsheet! Yay!

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

This is great but it makes zero sense. Green shelled a guy in front of me and he... pulls away.. faster than before.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I thought the Wii U did away with friend codes and now the Switch has them again?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

V for Vegans posted:

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available like a week ago and only got told yesterday that it would ship out and get to me by Tuesday. It still hasn't left their 'distribution center.' poo poo is definitely popular, Amazon lies like a dog.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Preordered weeks ago and no shipping from amazon.... Guess I got hosed on this one.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'm ready for the Goon Prix.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Calaveron posted:

I thought the Wii U did away with friend codes and now the Switch has them again?

The Switch's real online system (the one we'll have to pay to use) won't be up and running until later this year. It's possible that this friend code malarkey is just a stopgap solution until then, but nobody really knows because Nintendo won't say anything

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
Am I being dumb, but how do you enable tilt/motion controls? We've put the joycons in the wheels but it still expects you to use the stick. Can't find an options menu anywhere.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dead Like Rev posted:

Preordered weeks ago and no shipping from amazon.... Guess I got hosed on this one.

Same. If it wasn't for the 20% off pre-orders I would never buy from them again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is everything unlocked from the start or do I have to play through all the cups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Harlock posted:

Is everything unlocked from the start or do I have to play through all the cups?

I just played through a cup and it looks like courses are unlocked by default but vehicle customizations are unlocked by playing.

• Locked thread