Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Can we get some eternal goon tournament rooms going for racing and battle so we can play not japanese savants

1602-1016-5291 for 150cc racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Get the gently caress in the goon room, goons!

1602-1016-5291

OP please put this in the OP.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dancing Peasant posted:

That was a fun set of races. Thanks, goons

You kicked my rear end six ways to Sunday :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My friends. I have seen the light. King Boo is the best.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

Get the gently caress in the goon room, goons!

1602-1016-5291

OP please put this in the OP.

I don't see anyone in there

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friends. I have seen the light. King Boo is the best.

PBUH

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
did they get rid of slick/cyber slick? I don't see them as options. or were they limited to certain karts

oh you still have to unlock stuff, just not characters

emdash fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 29, 2017

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Dugong posted:

Anyone else feel the 150cc cpu has been altered since the wii u version? I've been blue shelled at the finish line 3 races in a row :gonk:

The item balance is definitely worse. I think what happened is that they just gave everyone two item slots and didn't actually adjust the rarity of items, so before you might see maybe 3 blue shells per cup, but now you're getting 3 blue shells per race. I had a round earlier where I got hit by 4 of the drat things.

On the plus side, it seems like as long as you're holding a coin, you'll always get an offensive item for the second slot. I've never managed to get two coins at the same time.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Do those rooms keep track of points even if you leave for a while? That's a pretty sweet way of keeping a goon leaderboard.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Two in goon room, get in yall

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I thought this was pretty cool. Not sure how obvious it is to everyone:

On the billboard/sign here:

it's the SNES player select screen:

I love little things like that.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thanks to bunny hop and dan or dave(i forgot now) for a couple good games, King Boo will return!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

This is incorrect. However 150cc still does this for the lesser speeds like it did before.

...god drat it I thought I checked before I said that. Sigh. I don't wanna do 150cc :(

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
As with many others, Amazon hosed mine and my buddy's "pre-ordered for months" orders. We went digital.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
hosed up that you need to unlock the Master Cycle and I think unlocks are random right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I still like 150cc more than 200

fite me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

how do you join this? i assumed it was a friend code but it doesnt seem to be

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Nephzinho posted:

Everyone come hither to the goon room :getin:

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
You have to enter a code in the "Tournament" menu

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

eonwe posted:

how do you join this? i assumed it was a friend code but it doesnt seem to be

It's a tournament code--in MK8, go to Online Play, Tournaments, Search by Code. Once you've joined it once it'll be in your favorites in the tournament menu.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Max Peck posted:

It's a tournament code--in MK8, go to Online Play, Tournaments, Search by Code. Once you've joined it once it'll be in your favorites in the tournament menu.

oh dang, ok

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

We got 6 in the room btw

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

That rivalry for first with Calaveron was fun. And then I got Mario Kart.txt'd in Mute City.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Crawfish posted:

That rivalry for first with Calaveron was fun. And then I got Mario Kart.txt'd in Mute City.

Bwahahaha

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Crawfish posted:

Get hosed Dave 4th place belongs to the squid kids

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am a sovereign citizen and did not consent to getting so hosed in that final lap of the airport

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Goon room is fun. I'm playin real bad though.

Cithen fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 29, 2017

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Joining the goon room as Cha Cha.

Edit: or not. I keep getting a "communication issues" error. :-(

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
I can't get in :ohdear: it's just stuck at the "waiting for everyone to suggest a course" screen

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

My crown :negative:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

King boo can't catch a break tonight!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress you Dave only assholes pick playing in traffic as a good idea

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hahah my hubris got me at the end there

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Blue shell, three red shells, and still won. Good race to end the night. Good races, Calvernon. The rest of you, get good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Blue shell, three red shells, and still won. Good race to end the night. Good races, Calvernon. The rest of you, get good.

That's pretty fuckin rude and not chill of you, eat poo poo dude.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I checked Nintendo's networking support and their suggestion to get an open NAT is to loving forward all UDP ports (1-65535) to the Switch.

Uh, no. No no no no no.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Seriously. It's Calaveron. My name's right there

But yeah good races pal

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Calaveron posted:

Seriously. It's Calaveron. My name's right there

But yeah good races pal

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Fun races yall, man I missed this hard by never getting a wii u. So insanely good, and I don't feel so bad since I'm mostly sight reading races and trying to figure out good drifts.

• Locked thread