Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hes gonna lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
emails at the ready to say "lmao u fuckin losers voted for a loser lmao mlmao lmao also send money plz thanx"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

Just lmao @ whoever makes these things. Let's demoralize anyone listening to get a 0.1% bump in contributions!!!

Just give him the loving dollar, Maddie.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
extremely ossoff:] ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!! Matters :

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This country is retarded

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
just lmao if ossoff somehow bumbles his way to victory and the democrats roll out the nothing matters :qq: strategy nationwide in 2018

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello america

death is certain

so give me ur cash

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

ossing people off will soon be a thing and the congress rethuglicans will run scared as they are ossed off one by one

if we all become delegates to the 2020 national convention we can put "shoot every republican congressperson in the dick & butthole" on the platform

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the tao of negging

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

nachos posted:

just lmao if ossoff somehow bumbles his way to victory and the democrats roll out the nothing matters :qq: strategy nationwide in 2018

bad dems just cant understand the nuance of saying nothing matters in a cool detached and ironic way

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm trying to find out who pushed that loving email.

If DJT taught us anything, it's that you declare victory / impending victory no matter what.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gently caress you, pay me

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Just lmao @ whoever makes these things. Let's demoralize anyone listening to get a 0.1% bump in contributions!!!

dems using the famous stefan molyneux approach to begging

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

nachos posted:

Oh Hell Yeah

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

I'm trying to find out who pushed that loving email.

If DJT taught us anything, it's that you declare victory / impending victory no matter what.

I believe it was a national fundraising email (not local, so it wouldn't have gone to people in the actual district? Unless they signed up on the wrong thing). I think it's the DCCC that does them. DCCC did quist's fundraising emails, too (except for the Bernie ones).

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"Oh gently caress we're hosed you're hosed we're all hosed gently caress you vote Ossof."
--John Ossof's campaign.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
It's not unique to the Ossoff Campaign either, you can sign up for DCCC updates and get approx. 40,000 of these things a day, all caps, TRIPLE-MATCHED, etc.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that email is the DCCC combining the powers of a clickbait article with mom-inflicted guilt

Concerned Citizen posted:

seems a bit early for RIP there
it's a safe bet to add +5 R to any poll out there to get the final result

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

It's not unique to the Ossoff Campaign either, you can sign up for DCCC updates and get approx. 40,000 of these things a day, all caps, TRIPLE-MATCHED, etc.

Yeah, they'll occasionally toss in a positive one for me, but they do that for literally every race.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
absolutely nothing 2020

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If he doesn't win will this look bad for midterm prospects?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it doesnt really matter, for real. but everyone's gonna act like it does for a day or two

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Grouchio posted:

slightly, but i also wouldn't panic. this is the best chance for the dems to get a seat in a special election, and this is in newt gingrich's former district. ks-04 and montana at large are pretty deep red, although the kansas race had a shot at being winnable if the dems had given thompson any resources

i also learned of the existence of a special election in sc-05. the dem there is archie parnell, who's been in high finance for as long as ossoff's been alive. so it can always be worse

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

his campaign is ossified

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ie boned

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*slaps mic off podium*

bitch i will handel yer assoff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
oss on oss off the osser *clap clap clap*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"get ossoff my plane" -harrison ford, talking about this special election

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in soviet russia campaign donates to YOOOOOUUUUUU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

punchymcpunch posted:

in soviet russia campaign donates to YOOOOOUUUUUU

in Tammany Hall

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
it's sitting at literally 50-50 on predictit, who's in for some day-of rubbernecking ITT tomorrow?

quote:

it's basically a matter of degree. if he gets blown out dems are probably hosed, if he wins by even a tiny margin then it's Good News For Demcoin

if he loses by a point or two it's status quo, i.e., nothing matters

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-georgia-special-election-matters/

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
lol again

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Last time I checked this thread Ossoff had a seven point lead.

Dems are really bad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the night draws in. the wolf with seven heads bays at the door. the light of the world is soon to be extinguished, its embers dying in the infinite void

please consider a donation of five dollars or less to the ossoff campaign

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Montasque posted:

Last time I checked this thread Ossoff had a seven point lead.

Dems are really bad.

Polls with tiny sample sizes tend to bounce around a shitload, especially when you compare between different polling methods

Shocker, I know

Like this one is giving Handel a 0.1% lead, but with nearly a 5% MoE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Polls with tiny sample sizes tend to bounce around a shitload, especially when you compare between different polling methods

Shocker, I know

Like this one is giving Handel a 0.1% lead, but with nearly a 5% MoE

the polling in the last month has actually been remarkably consistent, peep it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia%27s_6th_congressional_district_special_election,_2017#Polling_2

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
this is the sort of polling you get when both parties seriously contest a race, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vox Nihili posted:

the polling in the last month has actually been remarkably consistent, peep it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia%27s_6th_congressional_district_special_election,_2017#Polling_2

Trafalgar Group, that wacky GOP outfit who were the only ones close on 2016 election day, have Handel winning by two points.

Oh lordy.

• Locked thread