Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
https://twitter.com/Rhammified/status/869315886225788931

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Entropy238 posted:

What are the chances of a Labour/SNP coalition?

Would the lib dems really be shortsighted enough to throw their weight behind the tories again?

1: Gonna give that a solid maybe

2: It's really unlikely the Lib Dems will claw back enough seats to be relevant

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Vox Nihili posted:

i don't understand this at all. why skip the debate if youre just sending a lackey in your place to get hammered on? the whole point of skipping is to avoid presenting a target. now youve presented a target while also looking like a pathetic coward.

im beginning to suspect that these tory fellows might not be terribly competent

May is notoriously bad at debates. Her turning up probably would have been a worse result for the Tories if you could believe it

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
That dude probably gave labour a few points with that question too. Wonder how he feels

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Vox Nihili posted:

old student loans

Lol septics

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
https://twitter.com/AshBeechey/status/870587548904681472

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/870634781750460417

This is the weirdest loving election

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the communists of britain discover unskewing

Other way round surely? I mean a likely voter screen isn't really unskewing but posting raw data is even less so

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

logikv9 posted:

jeb would've won all the seats

I have confirmation from several memes that he in fact did

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Excelzior posted:

so how long until the PLP attempts to coup Corbyn for "failing" to win the election?

:laffo:

A very long time. Any leadership challenge would go to membership vote and the membership right now views Corbyn as the second coming of Attlee. Corbyn is more secure in his position than he's ever been and based on what they're saying to the media the PLP seem to get this

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Peel posted:

presumably the PLP opposition contains all of people genuinely opposed to left politics on principle, people who just believed it couldn't work, and also people who think they are the one but are actually the other

disillusioned former firebrands and careerists in deep with the City are going to have different reactions to the viability of left politics being proved. some of the mea culpas are cover-ups and some are genuine

My point is they wouldn't be saying this stuff if they thought they had a hope in hell of unseating him

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

BarronsArtGallery posted:

how in the loving gently caress did Tories win seats in Scotland?

last king of scotland, indeed :scotland:

Labour/SNP/Lib Dem vote splitting for the most part

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
More specifically it seems like the right of the SNP defected to the Tories while the left remained loyal

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

apparently the answer is very easily considering conservatives managed to snag quite a few as well

I don't get why it is but it seems like every time the Conservatives gain seats the Tories do as well

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

For anyone curious about how awful The Scum is, read the top headline and see how long it takes you to figure out its about the molestation and rape of multiple teens and preteens

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

He really is the most adorable terrorist

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Iridium posted:

the Sun is the most disgusting tabloid atrocity on the planet and their offices should be locked from the outside and burned down, repeatedly, for the good of all humankind.

It's called the sun because it's only positive is it's ability to provide heat and light

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'm wondering why the Queen doesn't simply abolish parliament and then expand her life by extracting the blood and marrow from the now-former MPs, making Britain strong and stable through a 500-year reign of iron-fisted, bioengineered terror.

Her body rejects mammalian blood

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Baloogan posted:

DUP is loving disgusting, and the idea that may is gonna lie down with em is making me regret ever finding her hot

There's still the silver fox across the isle

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Baloogan posted:

??? the leader of every major party in canada is younger than 45
and the leader of the federal party im voting for is 38

lol at thinking people past 50 can form coherent thoughts

*Aisle. Talkin bout corbae

Figured you might go for him after his massive cucking of May. I think that's how you guys work?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Baloogan posted:

to clear the way for
imperator bojo

You're never gonna learn

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Honestly seeing bernie bros complain about a few mean emails and discussion of possible smears that were never actually used was just hilarious if you were keeping up with what Corbyn was dealing with at the time

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

got any sevens posted:

wow, you brits are a lot more chill than americans. almost half the states have de facto outlawed abortion again

We're also idiots, just about different poo poo

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Fullhouse posted:

the only difference is that Corbyn won; Dems would have done the exact same poo poo if they thought Bernie was actually going to win the primary

They attempted to rig the vote by disenfranchising large sections of the Labour electorate

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
This was done with the full cooperation of the electoral comission- a non-partisan government body that is supposed to ensure fair elections

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Bryter posted:

There is no "Britain proper" in a political sense, it's a geographic term. There's a UK, and NI is as much a constituent state of it as England, Scotland and Wales.

It's a geographical term for the island containing England, Wales and Scotland. Or in other words: every UK nation except the one that bans abortion

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

got any sevens posted:

ah, following our lead after all

The DNC were scouring members social media in attempt to find and kick out anyone who supported Sanders?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Bryter posted:

Whether or not it's "like" the rest of the UK isn't the point. We're a constituent country of the UK just as US states comprise the US.

Oh, and Wales and Scotland have different parties to England as well, and the Orange order has plenty of Scottish lodges...

Yeah but Plaid is good and the SNP is only half evil

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Gum posted:

Plaid is good

Incidently if any Labour right had seen me post that during the leadership election it would have been used as grounds to ban me from the party

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Interesting take from the Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-prime-minister-ted-heath-harold-wilson-labour-party-minority-government-a7783336.html

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
There's nothing people hate more than someone who was right when they were wrong

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
https://twitter.com/labourlewis/status/874707522573217792

For the Americans- Enoch Powell was the Farage/Trump of his day

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

StoicFnord posted:

I can't see this being used in future :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3e-aYUusc

Beyond the fire aspect this video shows exactly why Boris would fail as a PM. He cannot control his temper

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Terror Sweat posted:

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/874671254250409985

huh, so all that stuff about bringing out the youth vote was a bunch of bull?

That's a pretty big jump from previous elections

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Peel posted:

trump remained unpopular and in fact less popular than hillary all the way to beating her

With Hillary getting far more votes

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

got any sevens posted:

not the EC votes, which matter :sad:

Not if you're comparing to other countries

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

KomradeX posted:

So Sinn Fein I guess meet with May today to tell her that they're in violation of the Good Friday Agreement and to demand an increase in funding and a referendum on union with Ireland. How likely is May to gently caress this up and poo poo gets bad over there again?

The voice of nationalism said that if this goes through GFA is dead. It's going to be up to the people of NI how they choose to interpret this

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Hodgepodge posted:

my mom's side of the family was offered a castle in england which we were evidently in line for; they told them to gently caress off. i think i understand why now.

Suckers deal. Castles are useless buildings with sky-high maintenance costs

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Helsing posted:

lol when did Zizek turn into a trot?

Every spring the Zizek emerges from his arse to say something actually insightful before retreating for another year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Last (pre-election) poll was CON 44 LAB 36

No idea if they've adjusted their methodology