Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They said the Vale was impenetrable. Now it's filled with Jez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo this is going to take forever isn't it?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Concerned Citizen posted:

yup

english vote counting methods revolve around hand counting ballots and burning sage while thanking the spirit of the sea

Hmmmm, so you're saying the Russians can't hack it, huh?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Battersea is labour (hold?)

Stream I'm watching said it's a flip, and also that things are going to go very badly for the Cons in London based on that result.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FistEnergy posted:

I'm an idiot Yank and I have no idea what's going on and I'm loving it

Yeah it's pretty great even though it'll take forever. I want the U.S. results to just be some random douchebag from each precinct reading raw vote totals.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Labor wins Bury North away from the Cons.

Jeremy Corbin emerges from his house to people outside chanting "Oh Jer-e-my Corbyn" to the tune of "Seven Nation Army"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Who does SNP vote with?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bryter posted:

Each other

So they wouldn't vote for Corbyn and it would be a hung parliament with a Labor plurality if that vote share held?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, some Labor centrist on SkyNews saying that Corbyn's margin will be the same as the last two guys and those guys resigned so ..........

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it just happened, lib dems used to be a major force as well (and they're a party that is as old as conservatives) until they went tory lite and loving lost everything in 2015

Didn't they form a coalition with the Tories for some reason?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I dunno why everyone compares this Boris guy to Trump. He forms complete sentences without getting distracted and wandering down some other linguistic pathway halfway through.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Twickenham.

Every city in the UK sounds like a fake city that someone making fun of the UK would come up with for a comedy sketch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's a Boston in the UK? Is it full of assholes too?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Labor only up 7 all of a sudden.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

So which of these rump parties are likely to help the Tories form a government?

I thought it was this Northern Irish party?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Over 150 years of voting right-wing then flipping? Texas

Soon .... soon ...

*Dem loses governors race by 20*

So soon ...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

So the right wing party in Northern Ireland is happy to caucus with the Tories, but the left wing party in Northern Ireland has a hard policy of protesting the UK and thus doesn't take their seats. This has the effect of making it easier for Conservatives to form a government.

Is that about right? Leftists ratfucking themselves out of power as usual?

I dunno if UK politics are that reductive.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
SkyNews shows a 215-215 tie. Seems like that Conservative surge finally happened.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vox Nihili posted:

after 493 of 650 seats

labour still up 219 to 215

savor this moment

or savour, if you must

SkyNews already has the Tories up, 225-221

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't somebody win by 1 vote earlier?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NewMars posted:

Apparently they're recounting his seat now. If Boris ends up going out... what happens then?

Boris was announced as the winner hours ago. He won by like 10%.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So could that DUP join up with Labor?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh this is the opposite of Sinn Fenn huh? Yeah seems like that wouldn't happen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What happens if no one can get the numbers to form a government?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Itzena posted:

The Tories will probably try to run a minority government i.e. nothing will happen.

Oh that's interesting. I didn't know that was possible.

So the PM doesn't have to win a 50%+1 vote of the MPs or anything, they can be PM with a plurality and then try to pass laws with votes from people that wouldn't vote for her to lead?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, did Richard Hammond have another horrific crash? Surely he'll quit this time.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, Teresa May hosed up so bad that Northern Ireland is going to start popping off again. I thought David Cameron was going to go down as the dumbest motherfucker for calling the referendum for no reason, but no.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They aren't just going to Westminster.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/37860...y-dup-majority/

quote:

The party confirmed that its MPs will travel to Westminster for the House of Commons induction day for newcomers and will sign up for office space, register for staff allowances and expenses – despite their century-long policy of abstention in the UK Parliament.

Do they usually do that stuff too?

If there was ever a reason, preventing May from restarting the Northern Ireland conflict just to prop up her doomed government is a great one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bryter posted:

Yep they all keep offices and staff them and claim expenses for running them and for renting out London residences (which the British press and NI unionists have hilarious intermittent meltdowns over)

Ah well I guess The Sun is just sensationalizing normal poo poo then. Imagine that!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

deadgoon posted:

If baloogan is representative of the Irish, they deserved Cromwell and they deserve the DUP.

He's Canadian.

Or so he says in the Trump thread. Maybe that's his thing is popping into various regional threads and claiming to be a close neighbor who's laughing at your country. Has anyone seen him in the Auspol thread claiming to be a New Zealander?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So'd you guys storm the Bastille or whatever it is you do over there to end oppressive regimes yet?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Don't y'all worry that now that Trump has shown that anything protected by only norms will fail, May might just be like "Nah, I'll just stay PM for 5 years even though everyone hates me and wants me to quit."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

That's the "Feilding" half of his name. The "Mellen" half is from his dad Joey Mellen

Did it work? Asking for a friend of course.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

I too, have read The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress and use it as a guide to forming serious political policy

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

lets say 100m, how do we get that done?

Step 1: Elect Donald Trump president of the USA

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cocks and Dicks really beat the Cheek there.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/978318122305409025

Bottom of the article talks about a conspiracy to violate the UK's election spending laws.

Still shocked that the UK government is going ahead with a Brexit no one in any major party wants rather than seizing on any excuse like this to declare the old referendum tainted and stop the economic suicide.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh they got permission from the European Court to abandon Brexit, no muss no fuss?

Why are they still arguing?

This idea of doing another referendum based on Remain vs. May's deal seems like a good fig leaf for it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Of course now there is an actual deal a vote that is Remain/Deal/no deal seems fairer

Yes, well we should definitely do what seems fairest

*No deal Brexit wins*