Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Smuggling? Food and medicine in and people out. Be sure to only deal in gold bullion for payment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

I'm envisioning internment camps in the Spanish countryside before they're shipped back to England in cattle cars.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

twoday posted:

It doesn't even make sense! The French chose that as their symbol because it was about fuel tax and every motorist in France is required by law to have one of these vests, it was supposed to be a universal thing.

The British don't have such a law, as far as I know, so they had to go out and buy them especially for this?

In the English-speaking world, right wing media turned it into a general anti-government/anti-left movement.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Frog Act posted:

my whole life ive been one of those american nerds who fantasized about buying a hobbit hole in some stupid village in the midlands full of gammons, swan rapists, and, uh, whoever else lives out there, but that is increasingly remote and implausible.

maybe after all the english are dead people from across the atlantic can recolonize the virgin, primeval land of albion

You can buy a house in Sicily for a dollar if you promise to fix it up and live in it. The weather and food there are orders of magnitude better than England.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

twoday posted:

What, really? Where do I sign up?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/one-dollar-home-sambuca-sicily-italy/index.html

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MikeSegalov/status/1096149520394735617?s=19

Lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

really queer Christmas posted:

without the eu I will no longer have the freedom of movement...

of deez nuts

Bofa means bofa

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shinjobi posted:

Too many people getting naked about Brexit imo, its concerning

Red mad and nude. With emphasis on the nude.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The ship's hanger is pretty goddamned big from when I was onboard on Friday, as I think she's been designed to be some sort of hybrid amphibious landing dock if required. But yeah, she has no planes and so my wander around the flightdeck just consisted of looking around Portsmouth Harbour and thinking "actually, I'm quite high up here". There's also a liveried Jaguar in the hanger (apparently) that was a gift to the captain, should we need a projectile to hurl at the Chinese as a peace offering

Holy lol, you haven't received any of your F-35B's yet?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Everyone thinks that they're the one who's going to end up like a mid 90s Russian oligarch.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So Brexit is going to be like the US debt ceiling: a permanent political crisis that flares up every few months as the next deadline looms.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Zeroisanumber posted:

You're actually going to crash out at the end of the month because your political class is infected with the same feckless, corrupt, rotbrains that ours is.

The idea of setting up an apocalyptic deadline to strongarm a useless legislature into doing something is pretty familiar to me as an American, but lol you aren't supposed to let the bomb actually go off.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So they're inching towards a second referendum, is that what's going on here?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

jesus WEP posted:

i can 100% guarantee this kind of thinking is exclusive to under-80 year olds who have lived their entire lives with the benefits of a united and peaceful Europe

If we're honest, shouldn't that be 1914?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1115693182384254977?s=19

Perpetual delay was always the easiest way out.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Macron is demanding the UK lose their commissioner in exchange for the extension. I guess he's playing the bad cop here.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Addamere posted:

did you fucks seriously postpone it another 6 months

Brexit is forever.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

She's the one who got nude on the news a couple of months ago.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jose posted:

maybe but this one is an american citizen unlike all the rest

Looking forward to the King of England owing taxes to the US federal government.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Turns out the founding fathers had the right idea.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Preston Waters posted:

i might move to the UK if trump wins re-election

do you guys let American doctors practice over there?

I've got bad news for you about the rest of the modern world.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

rear end cobra posted:

grooveless brain armada

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Vitamin P posted:

Right wing watch covered it a few months ago and its been on the front page of reddit a few times, it's hardly arcane.

Whats even weirder is the newer iteration 'frenworld' where they use baby speak at each other.

Online Nazis becoming BYOB. Like everything else, something awful did it first.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
You've got your own sovcit movement now. Congrats!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Waiting for Brexit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

marktheando posted:

Yeah they always go on about how great it is that people are willing to queue to vote.

Every US election I’ve followed has footage like that of huge voting queues. Usually mostly black people for some reason..

Lol is that what we tell the rest of the world? Those images here are usually accompanied by "look what a shitshow this is"

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Bojo_joi.avi

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

If this is a troll, well done. If not, lmao.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Mods change my username to Katy Balls

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao you guys traded your healthcare system for a chance to kick brown people and scam a few pounds off of your most vulnerable fellow citizens.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Brittsyltucky

West Brittginia

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

You've turned your country into the state of Michigan. Good job

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I hate to break it to you but, Americans aren't going to give a poo poo about Northern Ireland

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao that the UK is rending itself to pieces over some Polish immigrants while Poland may end up leaving the EU anyway.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Private Speech posted:

how do you Americans pronounce it FFS

Brek Sit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Yinlock posted:

guys, your countries both suck, and so does mine

british food is flavorless sludge and american food is 90% rat buttholes

(canada food is 100% heart attack)

Eh it's more like 50/50 rat buttholes and corn syrup depending on the product.

Did you know that we've basically stopped inspecting pork operations? Yum!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
There will be adequate population transfers?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Here's something else you brits can look forward to while you're adjusting to the taste of corn syrup and bleached chicken:

Did you know that most of our vegetables are fertilized with liquefied sewage, which leads to a constant stream of recalls for bacterial contamination?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Were they ever able to bodge Big Ben back together to ring in brexit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

mrmcd posted:

Not sure where Politico is going with this one...

Brexit: At least it's not a genocide this time.

comparisons to the partition of India seem dumb, but I guess ethnic cleansing was the big selling point of brexit.