Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
CRUSH THE SABOTEURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
No wait don't

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh gently caress where are you taking me??? Let go!

*muzzle goes over mouth*

Mmmmfff!! Mmmmmfffff!

*bonk*

Zzzzzz....... :tootzzz:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i don't know much but May/Corbyn have made good fodder for cartoonists:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

Bojo too!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
not sure i buy what the Spectator illustrator is going for above. but May as frenzied fascist spider-queen (which Spectator readers probably actually LIKE) is a compelling image:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
CRUSH THE SABOTEURS

Under the PM's Stiletto Heel!

Like little insects they are!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZv7aipLyIo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0S60Gp5rM

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fullhouse posted:

i'm super leftist and i've never heard a policy proposal to ban golf courses before but i'm super into it

the more i think about this the better it sounds. let's get this in the platform
i think hugo chavez did this and it was one of the few things i actually liked about him

the other thing was that he seemed like an all-around jolly guy to hang out with

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Golf is also the most expensive sport to play, hence the elite/white reputation. Which is why Tiger Woods was such a big deal. He was also an insane child prodigy who just destroyed everyone starting at, like, age two.

Tennis is also up there in terms of "elite" sports. Tennis courts are relatively cheap. However (!) it's very expensive to train an athlete up to a professional level. A lot of pros are children of tennis coaches, had rich parents and/or had their tournament trips paid for with state subsidies in some countries.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 12:20 on Apr 23, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
She's got the gorilla mindset

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

UKIP did poll as finding beastiality acceptable more than any other party
I need some data analytics right now overlapping the UKIP/Brexit vote with percentage of sheep per constituency

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RossCrombie/status/857710963818156034

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Hopefully britain can learn some lessons from france:

"Macron’s ascendency could encourage those in Britain who would like to see another path open up. One that would help counter the kind of narrative deployed by May; one that could soften Brexit. A left-leaning Labour offers little solace in that regard. The best antidote seems to be a confident centre, one built on pragmatic, moral, optimistic beliefs, and, as we see in France, rich in potential. If Macron prevails on 7 May, the immediate effect of his centre revolution will probably be felt in France. But its most important effect should be to galvanise like minds abroad, and certainly here."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/apr/28/macron-rise-extremism-not-inevitable-le-pen-france
Related:

https://twitter.com/YeshAtidEng/status/855436865142390785

quote:

His strategy seems to be working. Almost all recent polls show Mr. Lapid’s Yesh Atid (There is a Future) party, established in 2012, would come out as the largest faction in the Knesset, or parliament, if an election were held today—and therefore get the opportunity to form a governing coalition. Yesh Atid would nearly triple its current number of seats, according to these polls.

[...]

In staking out the political center, Mr. Lapid has repeatedly compared himself to a fellow former finance minister, Emmanuel Macron—the expected front-runner in Sunday’s presidential election in France. The Israeli politician describes his candidacy as part of a new, moderate, backlash against the populist wave he says was evidenced by Brexit and Donald Trump’s election in the U.S.
Macron is a big test. And I see comparisons between him and Hillary, but I dunno. Hillary seemed to have run to the left, however much goons will violently resist that characterization. Or maybe she was just all over the place. These other centrists seem to be different ... uhh... somehow.

Uhhhh

gently caress if I know

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:29 on Apr 29, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

its not going to happen
But what if it does?

Then the 46th President of the United States will be Mark Zuckerberg.

Since this is the British thread I dunno. Guess y'all are boned

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Dunno myself but the Parti Québécois is a good example of a left-wing [edit: social democratic really] nationalist party easily absorbing (or revealing) ethnic nationalist stuff that wouldn't be out of place at a Front National rally. The problem with nationalism is that it can flip like that on a dime and I don't see why the SNP would be immune, even if it's only latent right now. Give it time.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 20:56 on Apr 30, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

'rock-hard brexit'
needs to go in username thread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well i think corbyn is actually good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
More wars should be like the Falklands

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
As in have them waaaaaay out there away from (most) civilians.

This year, two titans will clash in the Battle for Davis Station, Antarctica. Who will emerge victorious? Australia... or Chile?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
just wait until the British people discover that the queen shook hands with a former IRA commander :derp:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Someone in the UK DnD thread earlier today was posting about how the the US Constitution was a terrible thing because it allows slavery.
i'm unironically a loyalist

gonna hire me some german mercenaries

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:34 on May 15, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Don't you dare try to tie us to their thousand years of Tory darkness.

Trump is at least funny.
we would've become independent eventually and then we would have been like canada!!! :woop:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There could be a Labour-SNP coalition?

awesome if true

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
PM Corbyn

Boris Johnson as leader of the opposition

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/869272604955353088

yes ha ha... yes!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Corbyn take my energy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There are few good guys or bad guys in the Middle East, or for that matter in most conflicts. ISIS are baddies and pretty much the whole world is in agreement there but everything else is shades of gray.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/869656927051165696

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

namesake posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CORBAE TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Le Corbyniesier

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Massaging my orbs to generate power for Corb

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It was a pretty masterful piece of politicking that stands in stark contrast to what looks like a horrendous miscalculation in calling this election. May has always been clamouring for the UK to leave the EU legal system and human rights charter but then suddenly became very quiet as the campaign got underway. Toward the end she needed to pick a winner and so stated that on balance she would vote for remain but crucially didn't do much campaigning so wasn't associated with it.

Come the vote Cameron resigns and Osbourne, her big rival has to go too. The big voices on the leave side stab each other in the back spectacularly and so without doing very much May has quietly found herself facing off against someone no one's ever heard of and a somehow even more unpopular (compared to pre brexit) gove

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lol i'm going to add up the net worth of all the companies this dude owns and then magically assume that's his personal net income because i really want to solidify the "labour is bad at the economy" myth
yeah. don't know how they're defined in the UK but that's a small business by any reasonable definition. corbyn of course also took a better strategy of making an argument and trying to appeal to the guy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Jun 1, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
reading this article: https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/no-one-is-winning-in-this-election-campaign/

so many parallels to 2016 in the U.S.

i mean may will probably be PM, and if not her some other conservative, but daaamn. may is a pile of slop who expected to walk into a coronation. she has no real policies and also too many (contradictory) policies at the same time, but SHE WILL WIN according to spectator because corbyn is "fundamentally unelectable" and that "35 per cent of the vote doesn’t put you in power." okaaay....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
posting again

https://twitter.com/alexmassie/status/869952476912521217