Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's cool, every candidate up there even the lovely ones are ripping on Theresa May for calling an election and then not going to the debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

glad to know so much of the british electorate is that well off

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lol i'm going to add up the net worth of all the companies this dude owns and then magically assume that's his personal net income because i really want to solidify the "labour is bad at the economy" myth
you are loving retarded

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

that dude and 99% of the british media are extremely critical of corbyn because he's a threat to their class interests, is the point.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the funding is explained in the plan gently caress off

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Baloogan posted:

may has really lost her luster imo with this whole hiding act. if labor was competently run they would be running the country this time next week haha
Maybe they shouldn't have spent months trying to coup Corbyn immediately after the conservatives bungled into Brexit.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/esheikh_/status/870749767508295680

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

nah he's just going to get conquered by russia after he exits nato because it's evil and scraps the nukes lol
Look at this frightened little man. Look how scared he is lol he thinks Russia is gonna conquer the UK

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fallen Hamprince posted:

WikiLeaks lmao. Oh wow Petro Poroshenko met with the American ambassador in 2006, loving mind-blowing revelation there Julian

next up from Top City Homo: a shocking revelation about the murder of Seth Rich that George Soros doesn't want you to know
Do you think wikileaks is Fake News or something?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

what are you thunking about? Has wikileaks ever posted fake documents?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Russia: NATO is western imperialism theres no other reason our neighbours would want to be in a defensive alliance

also Russia: if u sign any treaties we don't like we'll invade u
This is funny because the democratically elected leader of Ukraine signing a treaty the nationalists in Kiev didn't like is actually what kicked things off and got him overthrown.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The election doesnt count because putin exists? Are you brain damaged?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Does anyone else in Canada/Australia etc care about the Queen at all or is this just Baloogan

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

this is cool and what he's saying I think is basically extrapolated upon here:

Gary Younge posted:

At a drinks party in central London, not long after Jeremy Corbyn had been elected leader of the Labour party first time round, a young journalist talked me through the facts as she saw them.

“He’s already lost the election,” she said.

“I think you’ll find he just won an election,” I told her.

“I mean 2020,” she said, referring to what we all assumed would be the next general election. “Are we talking about 2020 in the past tense now?” I asked.

The trouble with received wisdom is that it rarely comes with a receipt. With the provenance of the “wisdom” unacknowledged, the recipient passed it on as though it were the self-evident expression of their own genius: an inarguable fact plucked from a clear blue sky.

For the past two years, it has been received wisdom that, when put before the national electorate, the Labour party under Corbyn was unelectable. Not simply that it would lose, but that there was no plausible way it could compete. These were not presented as opinions but as facts. Those who questioned them were treated like climate change deniers. Those who held the wisdom were the scientists. To take Labour’s prospects seriously under Corbyn was to abandon being taken seriously yourself.

The political class imparted as much to the media class, and the media class duly printed and broadcast it. The political class, drawn for the most part from the same social class as their media counterparts, then took those articles and bulletins and presented them as evidence. The wisdom was distributed to all who mattered. Those who did not receive it did not, by definition, matter. Within this fetid ecosystem the air was too stale for new ideas to grow.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/06/jeremy-corbyn-unelectable-political-climate
it's an attitude from the political and media establishment that I find extremely annoying

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

quote:

Nor is it a neutral category. The people who “decide” whether someone is electable or not are not the electorate – that comes much later – but opinion-forming elites and those who fund and promote them. They apply themselves to the task with great prejudice and select both people and programmes in their own image and interests.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Besidwes the obvious fascism, it's also funny how she prefaces every comment she makes by affirming that she is clear about it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yall seen this

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/872255803058552833

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Endorsing the lib dems after all that time she spent objecting to Corbyn on the basis of electability :thunk:

People get mad at Susan Sarandon and Jill Stein voters but if I'm not mistaken the lib dems literally formed a coalition to make tory David Cameron the prime minister a few years ago.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a vote for the conservatives is unconscionable at this point. dont people know theresa may ran through fields of wheat and made the farmers right chuffed

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

And then when Corbyn wins he can give the Falklands to Argentina

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nonsense posted:

300-something is the majority number, and Labour don't meet that with just the SNP as was hoped before the election. The hope is that Labour take more seats off the Tories and LibDems throughout the night. Otherwise yeah, the Queen will give the Tories a chance at coalition, and the LibDems will be traitors.
sicne the libdems are explicitly anti-brexit i don't know if they can actually betray this time?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

loquacius posted:

Didn't work for Bernie :negative:
American liberals are uniquely docile and easily shepherded.

dont be mean to me posted:

Bernie got ratfucked and because of that the Democrats are now a fringe party.
Corbyn got ratfucked literally 100,000 times harder

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

to me, this is good

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Con
(-8)

Lab
(+21)

LD
(+2)

SNP
(-12)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bawfuls posted:

So the right wing party in Northern Ireland is happy to caucus with the Tories, but the left wing party in Northern Ireland has a hard policy of protesting the UK and thus doesn't take their seats. This has the effect of making it easier for Conservatives to form a government.

Is that about right? Leftists ratfucking themselves out of power as usual?
afaik Sinn Fein wants a united Ireland, so ofc they don't sit in a British parliament

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bryter posted:

So do the SDLP, but they take their seats. The SNP want an independent Scotland, but they take their seats. It's not quite that simple.
True enough and I'm not an expert but ofc also the Ireland situation is different than the Scottish, and SF is more revolutionary than other Irish parties

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Guardian is already tabulating lib dems and SNP on the Labor side of the column but is that realistic? If a majority is in reach can Corbyn say Brexit is poo poo and get a coalition with all those dudes?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nonsense posted:

Queen will give Tories first try at forming a government, they're incumbent. It would be hilarious if they bungled that.
Well I mean LD and SNP won't join them so they'd need enough seats to get a majority with UDP but what if they don't have enough?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Condiv posted:

didn't someone link a graph in here showing the number of negative articles for labour being exponentially greater than any other party? is that not "out for pinkos"?
this one?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/nlaire/status/873166588849135617

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

etalian posted:

Pretty hilarious how the current Labour fight reminds me much a bad dems in the US, especially how Blairite faction was so desperate to sabotage their own party.
It's like if Bernie actually won the primary and then the bad dems started saying they could not support Bernie as nominee and then tried to revolt at the convention to steal the nom

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 16:12 on Jun 10, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bryter posted:

They already tried that in 1984.
:perfect:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Vox Nihili posted:

speaking of which~

this is a lucky ducky cartoon made real

(apartment complex burns down, is homeless lost all possessions and maybe even lost family members)
(gets given new housing)
lucky ducky!!!!!!!! :argh:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/941345172671074304

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

I’ve seen maybe half of power rangers now

It’s good.

edit

not the power rangers thread. sorry.
:hampants:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1156257892632338433

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1203071285649137664

Things that are true are disinformation, because it's been reported (by facebook and the Atlantic Council) as originating from Russia. Also, the leaked documents were posted before the election was called.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Dec 6, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

fake result, rigged by mi5!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the british people yearn for brexit, and death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/joolsd/status/1205260636373970944