Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

do we really need a separate election thread for every island nation on earth. like where's my new caledonian election thread

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Stabbatical posted:

Looks like May is following the Trump Approach to PR and press

https://mobile.twitter.com/LabourEoin/status/855404855745277952

all this and her party is going to gain a 200 seat majority because labour is stupid

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tingfinder posted:

I suppose some environmentalists wants to ban plastic bags in favor for more sustainable materials, not sure about the other ideas being leftist though, but i'd love to learn more about it if they are.

Oh i guess the guillotine was also leftist, but somehow i doubt that a ukipper wants to use it on the bourgeoisie.

i'm super leftist and i've never heard a policy proposal to ban golf courses before but i'm super into it

the more i think about this the better it sounds. let's get this in the platform

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 07:36 on Apr 23, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the temperature hasn't gone below freezing in Tampa Bay in decades but they manage to send a hockey team pretty far into the playoffs most years anyway

wonder how much chilling that arena costs in May

probably less than it costs to keep all the golf courses in SoCal green during a drought

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mike12345 posted:

So it's just basic 90s third-wayism again?

yes but instead of triangulating between labor and neoliberalism they're now triangulating between neoliberalism and outright fascism

incrementalism works

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dinesh D'Souza is proudly pro-colonialist and spends a big portion of his weird movie about Obama's Dad arguing that much of Asia was better off under the British Empire (including India, where he is from). I'm sure this isn't terribly uncommon among Anglo neocons, theyre still all about the white man's burden

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the EU should pay Greece's debt itself by fining the living poo poo out of the various banks that defrauded them by concealing Greece's existing finances when they applied but this would involve banks being penalized by a banking organization so

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

as long as he purges the blairites

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

weak, kooky Corbyn can't even resign when half his cabinet publically stabs themselves through the gut in some bizarre attempt to own him as he stood behind them! :sad:!!!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hakimashou posted:

The brexit-voting british public is literally contemptible though isnt it?

yes

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

how did 25 people manage to die during the berlin airlift

did several cargo planes just crash on their own? that's bizarre

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jBrereton posted:

By ages ago I mean literally this morning. He has done this.

yes well, have you considered that he is a communist? and communists are bad terror-lovers? why is nobody talking about this

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the British press is possibly
the strongest argument imaginable against the concept of a privately run media

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hakimashou posted:

I don't think I can agree with all this. I've seen the press in places like China where it isn't free, where the state dictates by law what can be said and by whom.

That's how I know we do have a free press here and that it's better than the alternative.

"censorship dictated by the government bureaucracy is bad, but censorship dictated by the dozen disgusting old men who own 95% of the media? that is very, very good"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nonsense posted:

lol this is the bbc political editor who is on tv extensively

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/867856779899809794

I can't find the lie

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/867847876386357249

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

to be clear i definitely want him to say that and then win the election in a huge landslide and slice the US/UK imperial alliance directly in half. it would loving rule

also saying that in the UK media environment is incredibly ballsy corbyn is good

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm irl screaming "GUILLOTINES!!!"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

disappointed that c:orb:yn didn't tell that small business guy that he was destined for the gulags

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

god :drat:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

is there a chance of the Tories losing seats but still holding an incredibly slim majority because I think that's the funniest-case outcome

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

*squints really hard at some large numbers in a business valuation* ah yes, this man too, is part of the dreaded one percent, the evil ceos of the world

this but unironically

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i think we can agree that even if he is worth zero dollars, a small business owner who complains about having to pay his employees is a dipshit and a class traitor

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

*extremely roger hodgson voice* WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EMPIRE? CORBYN GIVE ME NUKES

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hakimashou posted:

To be fair if you're the leader of a nuclear power and you aren't willing to commit to massive nuclear retaliation, you undermine the nuclear deterrent and are a threat to world peace.

:thunk:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/JaneyGodley/status/870745996233506822

people actually talk like this lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the only thing stopping Chinese and Russian oligarchs from sitting on Western property for financial purposes is having a strong united NATO, which is why they currently aren't doing that at all

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Imagine if every county in the United States got to appoint a congressman instead of having representatives be nominated according to districts. All the rural red counties would completely overwhelm the urban blue counties.

also fptp fundamentally doesn't work

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the Senate still managed to be way less stupid than whatever the house of lords is supposed to be so I'll give that a pass for now

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

imagine still being governed by a literal nobility, titles and all

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

incoherent posted:

Again, please don't vote for the lady that wants to take away your human rights.

the elderly of britain are simply aching for another iron lady to smash their balls into pudding

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

LF hates women lol

just the rich ones

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pretty sure it's 5 hours, but daylight savings fucks with this somehow I think

in any case not yet

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jBrereton posted:

less than 1

I think the GMT-EST time difference is gonna be at least one hour, man

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I'm also hoping for a big Tory gain, so that Theresa May will step on my face, rub her toes in my eyes, and tell me I deserved death

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

inshallah

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

:pcgaming::pcgaming:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hung parliament is certain
good news for jeb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

jezza c:orb:yn's name doesn't appear once in that screenshot despite being most of the reason why May lost seats this election. that's why it's bad