Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a feeling there was a minor plot point cut from the film. Early in the runtime, Hathaway randomly pulls on her hair a few times, and it felt just enough of hey-notice-this thing that I was expecting a payoff.

One of the things that isn't really touched on too much is that When he's about to trash the city for the last time, Oscar is actively listening to the reactions from Seoul. I feel that in that moment, his plan on attacking the city isn't to get back at Gloria, but to get some sort of reaction out of someone. He had stopped being cheered or feared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

glam rock hamhock posted:

also I think the hair thing was just about giving Gloria ticks that would be reconizble when she was a monster. I'm not sure if she does the hair thing as the monster but it just generally establishes her as being the type to do that sort of thing which is emphasized more with the head scratching thing

Nope, the monster never does that pose. She does it twice in the first half hour of the movie. It's just weird, is all.

DC Murderverse posted:

also it's where she got struck with lightning the day her and Oliver went into the area that would become the park for the first time and she saw him crushing her project. I think that also has something to do with how spacey she is.

No, different area of the head. She got lightninged on the top of her head, had nothing to do with the sides of her hair.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No, i think Gloria understands/appreciates that her drunken drama is loving poo poo up; from the first time she drunkenly falls down on she knows people are at risk. Thing is, Oscar doesn't care.

Like, weird thing about Gloria and Oscar's drama is that Gloria isn't a doormat in the 'relationship'. Unlike a lot of real toxic relationships, she knows things are toxic and she wants to leave. But she can't because of a strange situation.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 28, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I, Butthole posted:

She understands, but also doesn't stop drinking. She care ("cares"?) but doesn't do anything of meaningful change to stop it happening.

I got the impression that she stops drinking relatively quickly - she says something about not having drank for a few days when that comes to a head. I don't think most of the "you told me last night" lines from Oscar were intended to be seen as honest.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Reading is a skill. I'm not talking about the nervous tick she has on the top of her head that the movie explains, I'm talking about the nervous tick of her pulling on her hair that is visually repeated, but never paid off.

• Locked thread