Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Dr. Honked posted:

ah yes computers. they never crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
You are all going to look hella retarded when you realize even Bill Nye realizes that self driving cars are the future. Google it.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
TFW you didnt read the latest Bill Nye AMA on reddit and posted some straight up stupid poo poo in regards to autonomous vehicles

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I don't go to reddit

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

TFW you didnt read the latest Bill Nye AMA on reddit and posted some straight up stupid poo poo in regards to autonomous vehicles

nice self own op

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
i look forward to the days of autonomous cars, when parents lacking a babysitter can simply lock the kids in the car and send it on a 6 hour drive so they can get some peace and loving quiet from their screaming spawn and then just decide at the last minute to re-route it from their smartphone so they can sleep off the two bottles of wine that mommy just day-drank because daddy ran off to the fetish club to get triple-fisted in the rear end in a top hat

that shits gonna change my life.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

You are all going to look hella retarded when you realize even Bill Nye realizes that self driving cars are the future. Google it.

bill nye is a tv personality and doesn't hold a doctorate in any field of study

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

mishaq posted:

bill nye is a tv personality and doesn't hold a doctorate in any field of study

the dude has like 3 honorary doctorates, but whether you think those count or not is up to you.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Iridium posted:

i look forward to the days of autonomous cars, when parents lacking a babysitter can simply lock the kids in the car and send it on a 6 hour drive so they can get some peace and loving quiet from their screaming spawn and then just decide at the last minute to re-route it from their smartphone so they can sleep off the two bottles of wine that mommy just day-drank because daddy ran off to the fetish club to get triple-fisted in the rear end in a top hat

that shits gonna change my life.

so are you the mommy or the daddy in this story

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bloody posted:

hes the mommy AND the daddy

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

the dude has like 3 honorary doctorates, but whether you think those count or not is up to you.
then I dub him an honorary wanker

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have no nye opinions thanks for reading

burning swine
May 26, 2004

but what does beakman think about self-driving cars

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
free as in free to crash a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLFp9D9-0Eo&t=485s

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im the type errors scrolling by in the background

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its like a particularly stupid rediscovery of line following robots

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Bloody posted:

i'm the guy in the car riding home from the office on a now 3-hour commute because another Atlanta area infrastructure disaster has occurred, waffling between screaming in anguish, crying out of genuine fear for my health and well-being, and trailblazing new ground in the land of DWI court rulings because honestly what is worth doing with my life beyond drinking heavily and pwning the gently caress out of judges by their own logic.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

has anybody tried throwing a stuffed human ragdoll into the street in front of a self-driving car to see what happens

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
sort of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyAr_VLQ_E&t=25s

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the bright white line perfectly painted on the steel grate that's required for the cars to not flip their poo poo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
if I can respond to DC traffic jams by drinking scotch then self driving cars will be worth whatever they cost in terms of personal finances and human lives.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

creationist believer posted:

if I can respond to DC traffic jams by drinking scotch then self driving cars will be worth whatever they cost in terms of personal finances and human lives.

just leave dc, it's terrible

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

can't wait for road.js

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Ploft-shell crab posted:

can't wait for road.js

when you want to be really close to the pedal

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

creationist believer posted:

have you heard of the metro

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

pretty good joke right here imo

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Linux cars are silent because they don't support sound :xd:

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Linux cars are silent because they don't support sound :xd:

tbh, most autonomous cars will likely run on linux.

cuz they won't have drivers.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

when you want to be really close to the pedal to the metal

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Iridium posted:

tbh, most autonomous cars will likely run on linux.

cuz they won't have drivers.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it'lol be sweet to order your car to come pick you up and u collapse in the back and drown in your own vomit bon scott style and arrive at the next
party dead

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ploft-shell crab posted:

can't wait for road.js

i get this joke

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

not this one tho

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

echinopsis posted:

it'lol be sweet to order your car to come pick you up and u collapse in the back and drown in your own vomit bon scott style and arrive at the next
party dead

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cat Face Joe posted:

not this one tho

https://twitter.com/shit_hn_says/status/234856345579446272

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i see, thank u

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the current trend for cities who get asked about fixing their public transit is to go "why bother, by the time the new <color> line is done cars will be able to drive themselves look how much future money we are saving!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

the current trend for cities who get asked about fixing their public transit is to go "why bother, by the time the new <color> line is done cars will be able to drive themselves look how much future money we are saving!"

those cities are bad and full of bad people who deserve to be punished

• Locked thread