Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

gonna see the revolution in a couple hours :)

e: actually like one hour :woop:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

trip report: :prepop:

setlist, held prince's local-media bff of his last few years

i am not a prince fanatic. i am not a prince expert. i don't even know all the words to the mega-hits. but as the revolution started playing yesterday, i felt that pair of feelings i have very rarely felt together in my life. one is the realization that i'm in the presence of world class musicians. the other is the realization that this band is totally killing it. the weather was 90F+ and humid, but as they played the first bars of "mountains" i might as well have been standing in a walk-in freezer. festival format is always a bag of compromises, but i love seeing a group of talented veteran musicians take a 60-minute slot and use it to give a master class on how to rock every second of their time on stage. and of course, with the show being in minneapolis, it was very special. but even aside from the sentimental bits, it was simply some very fine music. also, dancing. wendy and brown mark still have hella moves, for real

• Locked thread