Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I hate this guy's bad and dumb phrases and made-up words

well i hate you :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This is great lol. It's sort of like an infusion pump but for lazy people, which is filling more of a market need than the expensive device I imagine

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
So yeah absolutely massive article on Doug Evans and Juicero pieced together from numerous employees, ex employees, contractors etc by Gizmodo. Its huge so I don't feel like copying it.

The Mad King of Juice: Inside the Dysfunctional Origins of Juicero
http://gizmodo.com/the-mad-king-of-juice-inside-the-dysfunctional-origins-1795330639

Good stuff. Lots of behind the scenes antics of the former CEO. Takes digs at some of their hilarious bullshit claims about how they've perfectly encapsulated only the best and most perfect juice.

Like this nugget about inferior juicing techniques:

Juicero Blog posted:

Benefit #1: You get the good stuff
And by good stuff we mean vitamins that can get lost or destroyed by commercial juicing methods. If your juice is pasteurized, that process brings all the ingredients to a very high temperature for a short time, it then gets immediately cooled down, and along the way certain additives are applied to these ingredients to ensure harmful bacteria does not form during packaging. Unfortunately, that means that any beneficial bacteria also gets zapped out of your juice at the same time.
The same drawbacks exist with traditional centrifugal or rotary juicers. The process of centrifuging heats up fruits and vegetables and promotes oxidation, and this can cause heavy casualties to beneficial bacteria and vitamins.

In the Land of the Juice, the Mad Juice King Lies...... Dreaming

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
oh no, not our motherfucking bacteria. eat some yogurt or something, white girl food is full of that poo poo

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

Has this been posted in here yet?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

literally a hog posted:

So yeah absolutely massive article on Doug Evans and Juicero pieced together from numerous employees, ex employees, contractors etc by Gizmodo. Its huge so I don't feel like copying it.

http://gizmodo.com/the-mad-king-of-juice-inside-the-dysfunctional-origins-1795330639

Good stuff. Lots of behind the scenes antics of the former CEO. Takes digs at some of their hilarious bullshit claims about how they've perfectly encapsulated only the best and most perfect juice.

False advertising regarding environmental sustainability and organic qualities, cost overruns, tinpot dictatorship management style, etc. All of this is simply another entry in capitalism.txt

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

literally a hog posted:

Lol, how could you not quote this nugget:

quote:

And what Evans wants, allegedly, can range from impractical to humiliating. Several employees related an anecdote in which flies had begun cropping up in the company’s San Francisco office. Evans—a vegan who at one point only allowed his employees to expense vegan meals on business trips—refused to implement a solution that would kill them. “I had to interview companies and ask if they had a catch-and-release program,” an employee recounted. “I went through links to help him understand that even that is not humane. It’s actually more stressful on the pests for you to catch them and relocate them.” Gizmodo could not confirm how or if the issue was resolved, and Juicero declined to make Evans available for an interview.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

that's how everyone in Canada talks, please don't mock our rich cultural heratage

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

just lol if you dont juice things with your dick

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rutibex posted:

that's how everyone in Canada talks, please don't mock our rich cultural heratage

What a hoser.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
It's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to turns discarded juice squeezers into CBT machines. Behold! The Jizzero! (Muffled screams as dominatrix pulps gimps balls).

That Canadian guy that rips gadgets and tools apart loving rules. I have the privilege of interacting with many Canadian truckers at work and those guys are cuter than a puppy when they get angry. Canadians, keep doing what you do. I love you all so much.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

It's only a matter of time before someone figures out how to turns discarded juice squeezers into CBT machines. Behold! The Jizzero! (Muffled screams as dominatrix pulps gimps balls).

That Canadian guy that rips gadgets and tools apart loving rules. I have the privilege of interacting with many Canadian truckers at work and those guys are cuter than a puppy when they get angry. Canadians, keep doing what you do. I love you all so much.

I bet you did. Lot of truckers at work eh?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Psycho Society posted:

I bet you did. Lot of truckers at work eh?

Darn right. Gonna a get ol' Tom run a 40 footer of repurposed juicers for your balls all the way up to PEI. Those fellas know how to abuse their testicles better than anyone else in the north or the south for that matter I tell ya!

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

ZombieJesus posted:

Lol, how could you not quote this nugget:

Sorry, my computer power supply died and I'm mostly phoneposting so I opted not to quote the whole thing. :shrug:

Yeah these types are all charicatures of real people. Like the Soylent CEO who took the "4 liter water challege" and severely dehydrated himself so he wouldn't have to piss in the sink as much and took homebrew antibiotics to kill all his beneficial gut bacteria so he wouldn't poop for a week. Can't waste all that water on flushing toilets.

They always subscribe to wildly unhealthy behaviors that would probably kill large portions of the populace and be completely unsustainable in the long run.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

this post is unskookum as frig

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Honky Dong Country posted:

Hell yeah dude. We've got two apple trees and two reinier(sp?) cherry trees, plus blackberry and raspberry bushes. It's loving awesome. We eat a shitload of apples and cherries when they're on and what blackberries and raspberries we can't eat get made into jams. And a lot of the jam that we won't eat gets given to family, friends, and neighbors.

Don't birds and squirrels gently caress that poo poo up? I had a squirrel eat all the peaches off my peach tree; what he didn't eat, he knocked off anyway and poo poo on it. I think he's trying to send a message.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Salty Josh posted:

Don't birds and squirrels gently caress that poo poo up? I had a squirrel eat all the peaches off my peach tree; what he didn't eat, he knocked off anyway and poo poo on it. I think he's trying to send a message.
thats just more food my friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLBXC4pz-c

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

literally a hog posted:

Sorry, my computer power supply died and I'm mostly phoneposting so I opted not to quote the whole thing. :shrug:

Yeah these types are all charicatures of real people. Like the Soylent CEO who took the "4 liter water challege" and severely dehydrated himself so he wouldn't have to piss in the sink as much and took homebrew antibiotics to kill all his beneficial gut bacteria so he wouldn't poop for a week. Can't waste all that water on flushing toilets.

They always subscribe to wildly unhealthy behaviors that would probably kill large portions of the populace and be completely unsustainable in the long run.

What is the "4 liter challenge"? I'm assuming something ridiculous like "Only drink 4 liters of water a month for superpowers" or something.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What is the "4 liter challenge"? I'm assuming something ridiculous like "Only drink 4 liters of water a month for superpowers" or something.
Drink 4 liters of your own piss

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_Jargon#Chinook_Jargon_words_used_by_English-language_speakers

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

https://www.4liters.org/

quote:

You probably take water for granted, but millions of people can’t afford to.
Learn to love your water by using just four liters for 24 hours.

It's about raising awareness of people still lacking access to a reliable source of clean water - NOT abusing one's body in the name of extreme environmentalism.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Why can't this guy just be like Jesus and speak English? Now he's making up words like Chinook. That's not even a thing!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Salty Josh posted:

We lose some to squirrels yeah, but not that much. It's a rural area with all kinds of predatory birds so the squirrels tend a keep a much lower profile than their more brazen city cousins. You hear them rustling around in the woods at the edge of the property more than you actually see them.

Deer are much worse. But there's several different things you can do to ward them off. Fences don't help a ton since deer can jump high as gently caress but it's worth having. There's things like a couple aluminum foil pie tins and stuff that'll make noises to startle them when a breeze comes, and motion-activated sprinklers are a good one.

In the end the wildlife get their share of it but we've never gotten wiped out.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

lol when you said chinook jargon I figured it was slang used by helicopter mechanics

the chinook were the only native tribe to independently invent the multi-gear reducing drive, which they used for purely ceremonial purposes

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Klyith posted:

lol when you said chinook jargon I figured it was slang used by helicopter mechanics

the chinook were the only native tribe to independently invent the multi-gear reducing drive, which they used for purely ceremonial purposes

It would later be used in helicopters.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Cockmaster posted:

https://www.4liters.org/

It's about raising awareness of people still lacking access to a reliable source of clean water - NOT abusing one's body in the name of extreme environmentalism.

#DISRUPT your gastrointestinal system and Big Toilet industry

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so idk dick about engineering but from that Canadian guy's video these juicers cost $1000+ to make and they had so much faith in their subscription model they were selling them for $400? lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
update from cool canadian shop guy, how to hack your Jucero brand pouch squeezing machiene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

dk2m
May 6, 2009
"what if....we made a juicer.....THAT CONNECTS TO YOUR PHONE"

*idiot man who wears a suit with colorful socks to show thats hes serious but also plaafyul cums and $2 million dollar shoots out of his beet shaped dick"

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Every time I see the title of this thread among other threads it puts a smile on my face. :kiddo:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJsOA4Zl6Io

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Can we really call this thing a juicer? The word "Juicer" means it shreds/mulches/whatevers the raw materials till you can make a drinkable liquid out of it. This thing just squeezes stuff that is already juice out of a bag. It's kind of an insult to actual juicers.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I don't know. I think if you're a dominatrix then, once again, just squeezing will be more effective than using this machine.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Has anyone ever seen Rachel Ray's Terminator hands in action? She squeezed an orange so hard one time on TV I thought it was going to turn into a diamond. Maybe she should work on upgrading this piece of poo poo.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Rutibex posted:

update from cool canadian shop guy, how to hack your Jucero brand pouch squeezing machiene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

I love how this dude goes on about how much work went into this only for it to be complete poo poo due to the fact the guys making it had no actual money restraints. Dudes taking advantage of a retard who wanted to sell a DRM based juicer and take advantage of bigger idiots.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I hope the juice machine people start getting mad at bad reviews and remotely disable the reviewers' devices like this Garadget(lol) guy did: http://www.businessinsider.com/iot-garage-door-opener-garadget-kills-customers-device-bad-amazon-review-2017-4

Maybe more antics like this will stop people from buying so much internet-connected garbage that doesn't need a connection to anything besides a power outlet, but probably not!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Buff Skeleton posted:

I hope the juice machine people start getting mad at bad reviews and remotely disable the reviewers' devices like this Garadget(lol) guy did: http://www.businessinsider.com/iot-garage-door-opener-garadget-kills-customers-device-bad-amazon-review-2017-4

Maybe more antics like this will stop people from buying so much internet-connected garbage that doesn't need a connection to anything besides a power outlet, but probably not!

everything that is connected to the internet is spying on you, i dont understand why people buy this poo poo. the Jucero has a camera in it for the DRM scanning, but you can be drat sure its also taking pics of your kitchen and uploading it to jucerios "quality assurance database".

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Rutibex posted:

everything that is connected to the internet is spying on you, i dont understand why people buy this poo poo. the Jucero has a camera in it for the DRM scanning, but you can be drat sure its also taking pics of your kitchen and uploading it to jucerios "quality assurance database".

People see this as a problem, I see it as a solution to the problem of "How can I maximize the number of Silicon Valley bros I can Goatse?"

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

so idk dick about engineering but from that Canadian guy's video these juicers cost $1000+ to make and they had so much faith in their subscription model they were selling them for $400? lol

These dumb juice packs cost $8 a piece. Generously subtract $1 for production, shipping and handling costs from that and you have $7*365=$2555 pure profit per year.

Fleecing idiots with too much money is a gold mine. That's why they got $120M in VC for that poo poo in the first place

e: the most important part of this scheme is that it shouldn't be possible to buy these juice packs off brand for $1 a piece at the store and also no way to reduce the consumption, which is where the DRM and subscription comes in. If you already got the juice in the fridge, if you already paid for it, you are probably gonna use it anyway.

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 12:48 on May 28, 2017

• Locked thread