Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The next .com crash is going to be just as hilarious as the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
In some countries they sell flat soda marketed as juice. MinuteMaid (coca cola) sells SunnyD with pulp added and calls it orange juice.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

EvilJoven posted:

The next .com crash is going to be just as hilarious as the first.

I hope it's soon + to be able to buy a house during it my job is subsidized by foreign wars so it's very secure for the next 4-8 years

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome posted:

Personally, I can't wait to find out what kind of nice things the history books will say about us.

In 50 years some illiterate fisherman in a loincloth over at Florida sea will have his line snag on something heavy. He'll struggle with it, using every ounce of his malnourished strength, imagining he caught a great fish of some sort, but its only a 400 dollar juicer.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Hell yes another silicon valley thread.

Any goons working there??

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome posted:

Personally, I can't wait to find out what kind of nice things the history books will say about us.

The Renaissance was a pretty awful time for most people, but that doesn't stop a bunch of dorks from celebrating that every year.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Venture capital guys would probably get a better return on their investment if they bet the money on a dog fight instead

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

haljordan posted:

Venture capital guys would probably get a better return on their investment if they bet the money on a dog fight instead

uber lost $2.8 billion dollars in venture capital last year lmao

they're prly going to collapse by the end of 2018

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The F-35 of juicers

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Are Sodastreams good, Israel aside?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
T.O. will you suck the juice out of my bags?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Dandywalken posted:

they're p dope if you can get the co2 tanks cheap

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
*steps in front of massive auditorium of venture capitalists*

"This thing contains so much loving technology app type poo poo that your goddamn kids couldn't even figure it out. We're the only juicer in the entire world that works with the power of a fat guy sitting on a bag!"

*the applause is thunderous*

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Dandywalken posted:

The soda in stuff like that is always worse than even store brand stuff.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

AEMINAL posted:

Hell yes another silicon valley thread.

Any goons working there??

i work from home

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Juice the rich

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Burn silicon valley to the ground and hang all the bankers and vc

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dandywalken posted:

if you drink so much sugar water that saving pennies per drink sounds like an attractive financial proposition, then yes

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

boner confessor posted:

They also completely tanked the value of taxicab medallions in areas where they can cost more than a house. DISRUPT!!!!!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The best part is the VCs knew that it was just squeezed bags of pre-made juice and are only mad that the bags weren't somehow made knife and hand proof.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
In case you were wonder the juice bag dispenser does have a phone app

https://www.juicero.com/app/

Connect to Something Greater

The Juicero app connects your Press and tells the complete story of your juice—from farm to glass.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

boner confessor posted:

if you drink so much sugar water that saving pennies per drink sounds like an attractive financial proposition, then yes
It's pretty nice to always have carbonated water for mixed drinks at the ready.

If you're using it for a coke knockoff I'm not even sure it's cost efficient, those syrup things are pretty expensive I think

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

wyoak posted:

It's pretty nice to always have carbonated water for mixed drinks on the ready.

If you're using it for a coke knockoff I'm not even sure it's cost efficient, those syrup things are pretty expensive I think

we recieved a keurig as a gift and after the complimentary pods ran out my wife and i just use it as an electric kettle for tea

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boner confessor posted:

(all those companies bleed money like that until they establish a monopoly at which point they can do whatever they want and start being profitable, for example: Amazon)

hilariously unfair business practices but good luck suing the billionaires

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The single serving juice bags cost $7 each lmao

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Three Olives posted:

In case you were wonder the juice bag dispenser does have a phone app

https://www.juicero.com/app/

Connect to Something Greater

The Juicero app connects your Press and tells the complete story of your juice—from farm to glass.

Lmao idiots deserve to have their money taken

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

wyoak posted:

It's pretty nice to always have carbonated water for mixed drinks at the ready.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr9KfXXU0Ko

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dial-a-Dog posted:

The single serving juice bags cost $7 each lmao

ahaha holy poo poo

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You guys remember Theranos?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-18/elizabeth-holmes-admits-theranos-technolgy-fraud-restates-voids-years-test-results?page=6&src=ilaw

quote:

Elizabeth Holmes Admits Theranos' "Technology" Is A Fraud: Restates, Voids Years Of Test Results

As a reminder, the basis for Theranos ludicrous $9 billion valuation which it appears was achieved without anyone doing any actual due diligence, were the "Edison" machines which were touted as revolutionary - not just by Holmes but by the fawning media and even the Clintons. Theranos has now told regulators that it threw out all Edison test results from 2014 and 2015, effectively confirming it has no proprietary technology, and also validating that its valuation should be zero.

Worse, Theranos has told regulators that it used the Edison for 12 types of tests out of more than 200 offered to consumers and stopped using the devices altogether in late June 2015. In other words, Theranos' insane "valuation" was achieved on the basis of doing only 6% of blood tests in house (all of them erroneously we now learn), and outsourcing 94% to companies whose products actually worked and many of whom likely had a far lower valuation than the one at which a bunch of idiot billionaires "valued" Holmes' worthless company.

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha eat the rich

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
this product is really really funny, thanks. 400 bespoke parts lmao

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
$120 million dollars invested in a juicer

smdh

though to be fair, this thread has brought me great joy so thank you VCs

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

boner confessor posted:

yeah, they were hoping to sell expensive gadgets tied to expensive juice bags to suckers. with any scam, there's two kinds of people involved - the suckers who lose money, and the people who hope to take the sucker's money

this is basically just a high tech flashy version of things you see on loud dumb commercials that cost two easy payments of 19.95, it's an impulse buy for gullible people who get roped into a lifestyle

i especially love the part where there wasn't even a working prototype

dude just created a piece of plastic and got $120 million. I wish I could do that

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

COMRADES posted:

(all those companies bleed money like that until they establish a monopoly at which point they can do whatever they want and start being profitable, for example: Amazon)

hilariously unfair business practices but good luck suing the billionaires

amazon kept investing their actual for real earned profits in infrastructure tho and kept gradually expanding their business until they became a giant

uber can't turn a profit and is burning vc funds trying and failing to establish a monopoly - they keep leaving lucrative markets because they aren't willing to conform to local regulations

meanwhile they're constantly hit by scandals, a lot of their senior c suite staff is turning over, and they're resorting to the absolutely moronic plan of "oh we'll just use self driving cars" to attract ever stupider or more desperate investors to keep the whole scam going. alphabet's waymo branch is currently suing uber for stealing their technology and it looks real grim, so there's that too

meanwhile uber's business model isn't anything special, it can and has been imitated by dozens of smaller firms that aren't spending billions on market share and subsidizing rides

uber is completely hosed

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
is there a tie in with soylent? *gets debit card ready with hands shaking*

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Trigger warning is correct, it's about high time DPRK punches the trigger and nukes California.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

RaySmuckles posted:

$120 million dollars invested in a juicer

smdh

though to be fair, this thread has brought me great joy so thank you VCs

No $120 million invested in a squeezer.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the one nice thing about uber is that half of the actual cost of your uber trip is paid for by some bay area venture capital firm so thanks for the $40 in free rides, rich douchebags

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Somebody's gonna use that machine to crush their balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Honky Dong Country posted:

Somebody's gonna use that machine to crush their balls.

honestly, $120m is worth it if someone does this

• Locked thread